PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hood

[SS]Twist
04-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Sad to say that another tragedy happened at Fort Hood. 4 dead including the gunman. Reports don't point towards a terror attack, but it has not been ruled out. Another sad day for military members and families. Hug your family tight and let them know you love them every chance you get.

[SS]Shooter
04-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Sounds like a PTSD-related mental illness.

And the argument gets stronger for arming ALL soldiers deployed stateside. This is just crazy that soldiers can't protect themselves.

[SS]Twist
04-03-2014, 04:06 PM
they said he was in therapy for depression etc. I wonder if we are taking good enough care of our guys when they get home. Someone should have been able to help him first. Battle Buddies tend to jump to mind.

[SS]Chief
04-03-2014, 08:19 PM
It’s easy for me to say...but I think we ARE taking good care of our troops. At the end day, this guy just wanted to make a name for himself before going out...that’s my take. Sad indeed....

[SS]Twist
04-03-2014, 10:19 PM
you know better than I. It just seems like someone should have spoken up before this ended up. I agree that if someone wants to make a name for themselves this will do it.

This, undoubtably, will bring up more gun control discussions and mental health talks. Sad no matter what the cause.

[SS]Chief
04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Perhaps I should have rephrased that? I’m not 100% sure on what happened. I do know that there is offerings of mental health and the like to any and all troops. Retired, Active Duty, Guard etc. I’m just thinking....if you’re suicidal. Just go off in the woods and kill yourself. You don’t have to go out in a blaze.

[SS]Showstoper
04-04-2014, 09:29 AM
You know how many Servicemembers have PTSD? Thousands. Whether they're are minor or major cases. Heck, I have a slight case of it. But I don't go around using it as a crutch. I understand there are Servicemembers with different types of it and do need the help. But when one person goes out and does what this guy did, everyone starts to ask what more could we have done to prevent this. If a MF'er is going to do what he did, it will be done. No matter if the person has or has not PTSD.

I dealt with Soldiers when I was in who had PTSD. I'm not a doctor, but I knew when some were bs'ing. Some claim to have PTSD and never left the FOB and never got mortared. Give me a break.

[SS]Chief
04-04-2014, 10:45 AM
NSFW Language!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-Oq2LdbSIu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll just park this right here.

[SS]Showstoper
04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
^ lol, I need to pull up some more Fobbit videos. Thanks Chief.

[SS]Rator
04-04-2014, 01:01 PM
i laughed hard lol, especially at the stick figures

[SS]Twist
04-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Show, I agree that way more people are gonna claim PTSD for the sympathy, disability, or just the excuse. I think there are people that have a real case for it too. People are gonna try and take the easy way out and i think that seems to be more prevalent in the newer generation of Soldier/Sailors/Marines.

As for FOBBITS...Here's a Navy equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrXAaWyDWOY#t=70