Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2012   #1
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Guinness World Records 2012: Gamer's Edition

Guinness World Records 2012: Gamer's Edition has something for everyone

Quote:
Think you know all there is to know about gaming? Think again.
I’ve worked my way through the Guinness World Records 2012: Gamer’s Edition and it is the ultimate guide for everything and anything you need to know when it comes to video game records.
Want to know what the Best-Selling Beat-‘Em-Up game is for the PlayStation 3? Guinness has it (God of War 3).
How about the largest development team for a 3D platformer? Guinness has it (Epic Mickey)
This book has enough information in it, I could write 100 posts about it. But rather than bore you to death, I wanted to highlight some of the records that caught my eye.
Battlefield 3 may have lost the fight against Call of Duty MW3 when it comes to our ratings, but EA and DICE won the war. The Battlefield series holds the record for being the Most Prolific FPS in gaming history, with 19 different titles in the franchise’s history.
While BF may have the most entries, it shouldn’t mess with Borderlands’ arsenal. Borderlands set the Guinness record for most guns in a game.
Even some of my all-time favorite titles got love in the GWR: Gamer’s Edition. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS was not only named the best-selling 3DS title, but it was also named the Most Difficult game. Anyone who disagrees there can come see me in my office, it’s located in the Water Temple.
I did a barrel-roll when I read that Star Fox 64, another personal favorite, was the Best-Selling Rail Shooter of All-Time.
Thought Master Chief owned the Xbox 360? Think again. The fastest-selling pre-ordered game for the Xbox 360 was not a Halo-themed title, it was Gears of War 3 (The Post’s Game of the Year).
A few other highlights from the GWR: Gamer’s Edition:
Knights of the Old Republic ruled the galaxy as the Best Star Wars Game.
Still waiting: Diablo III holds the record for longest development for an Action RPG.
Best-Selling Fighting Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Top Japanese RPG: Final Fantasy VII (as if there was any doubt).
Gotta Catch ‘Em All: Pokemon Red, Green and Blue are the highest selling handheld RPGs with 31.36 million units sold.
The Best Video Game Ending? Call of Duty Black Ops took home that title.
The Guinness World Records 2012: Gamer’s Edition is available now for $14.99. If you have ever picked up a controller, this is a great book for you.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote