FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2010   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Important Information About Your Xbox LIVE Service

Got this in an email yesterday.

Quote:
Important Information About Your Xbox LIVE Service

On November 1, 2010, there will be a mandatory service update to Xbox LIVE. This update will both add new features to your service and also enhance the interface, navigation, and responsiveness of Xbox LIVE.
Full details of the new features being added to your service can be found on xbox.com.
To prepare you for the update, here are some Frequently Asked Questions and resources you can refer to as needed:

Q: Is there anything I need to do to start the update?

A: Beginning on November 1, 2010, you will receive a notification that an update to Xbox LIVE is available as soon as you start your Xbox 360 console. Use your controller to accept the update according to the on-screen instructions.

Q: What if I decline the service update?

A: If you decline the update, you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE until the update is accepted. You will still be able to use all of the offline features of your Xbox 360 console. Xbox LIVE features will be unavailable until the update is complete.

Q: How long will the update take to complete?

A: The time required to complete the update will vary based on your Internet connection speed. However, for most users, the update will require between 5 and 10 minutes to complete. You will not be able to use your Xbox 360 console while the update is processing.

Q: How will I know that the update has completed successfully?

A: Once complete, your Xbox 360 will restart as usual. You will notice a change to the layout of the Xbox LIVE Dashboard, a new color scheme, and new fonts being used.

Q: What do I do if the update does not complete successfully?

A: In the unlikely event that the update does not complete, please visit www.support.xbox.com for information. This is the best resource for resolving any issues with your Xbox 360 console or LIVE service.
Thank you for being a valued member of Xbox LIVE. We hope you continue to enjoy the best in games, entertainment, and fun, brought to you by Xbox LIVE.
The Xbox LIVE Team

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #2
Bassani

so that means I'll be able to party chat again...
Old 10-31-2010   #3
AEJustin1

yea same here lol, glad everyone else is getting the update on the 1st so us already updated people can chat again! WOOOO

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #4
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Got the update......meh. All it seems to do is give me the ability to hear Bassani.....sux

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #5
AEJustin1

haven't gotten the ESPN stuff yet? Netflix has a search option now too, well we have it in the beta so I figure everyone should have this stuff now.

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote