Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 13: Commendations

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 13: Commendations

October 13th, a brief history of our 13 commendations. A lot of clans bestow awards on their members. We do too, but we do things a little differently.

We created the awards back in 2002 not to reward members for getting X amount of kills or headshots or how many matches they've played in or anything skill based, but to condone teamwork based play. While some awards are specific to certain actions you take on the battlefield, they are not awarded for a set number of anythings.

Some awards have been added over the years but most have stood the test of time AND the test of titles. Many games feature different options like knifing, vehicles, etc. but our awards cover things like Battlefield Communications, Homeland Security, and the Star of Vengeance. Of course Battlefield Communications is awarded for being helpful over the mic, Homeland Security is for defending the team's objectives and the Star of Vengeance is awarded to those who consistently avenge their wingman's death.

One of the most unique things about our commendations system is that we vote for each other for our awards. We only vote during matches, not scrimmages or practices of course. If a teammate sees you rocking out, they'll probably send a vote your way. X amount of votes for a particular award and you get the ribbon. X amount more votes and you get a star on it. One way to see how awesome someone is at a particular thing is to check their stars. Of course some of us have been around a little longer than others and have had more time to accumulate more votes, but it is a pretty good gauge.

The systems works very well. We don't see people "going for their knife badge" because we don't have anything like that by design. Most of the time what happens is someone will get a vote, then someone will say "shy'd you vote for me for that" and they'd explain about that awesome round where they grenaded 3 different people. We're not award hunters but it's nice to be recognized by your peers.

So before you ask, no. You cannot use these medals for your clan's site. They are all copyrighted and custom to the Sea SnipersŪ. Sorry. Part of the awesome is creating them yourself to be specific to YOUR team and its needs.

Here's a link to our awards page and what each one is called and what it is awarded for.

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14027

And our recruit sig of the day is...

The sitter sat this one out.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #2
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Ahh, the Terminator, one day, you will be mine...

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #3
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

BTW, the only person to win the Terminator EVER, was [SS]Hobo.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #4
DatGuy

I would have had the terminator in WaW, but that bastard Sporto sniped the last guy as I was chasing him...

fuckin sport

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012   #5
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

I would've let Sport killed him too. It's better than a roundhouse kick to the face from Sport.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017   #6
RIPCLAW

Hihi, I got to tell you, This idea inspired me back in the days to make my own awards for my clan. We have a blast when we played at our LAN party's. Even made a real award, I will see if I still have some photo's.

You made history with this!

C64 is where it all started!
RIPCLAW is offline   Reply With Quote