Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 17: Our Servicemen

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 17: Our Servicemen

We have had several military servicemen as Sea Snipers over the past 10 years, and still do, even though they've retired from active duty.

We would like to thank the following Sea Snipers for their service to our country; Raiden, Grunt, Chief, Midnight, Showstoper, and TufelHunden.

From the Army, Marines, Navy and Homeland Security/ICE, these guys have put their lives on the line so that we could sit home and play. There were so many projects we wanted to take these guys on but just couldn't since they were deployed. Finally Chief and Grunt were able to retire and get to work on MW3! Here's a pic of us walking to work (Chief left, Rator middle, Grunt right)

It was about time. We had tried too many times to get these guys on-site and I'm so glad they had the opportunity to experience one of these projects first hand. They took full advantage of the amenities as well...

I feel honored that any military servicemen even take a look at us as the clan they want to join. They bring the kind of sense of pride and honor, duty and dedication to the clan that we try to instill in all of our members. They are self-made men that you don't have to ask twice, and are loyal til the end.

It's very difficult for me to write about our military members without sounding, sappy, but I love these guys and we all owe them so much. They're just regular guys like you and me, well maybe not Raiden lol, but they just want to play, hang out with their families, make a living, and enjoy life. They don't talk about the bullets that have whizzed by their heads. They don't need to.

But to all of you that serve and have served, in the [SS] or not, thanks.

Maybe it's just a job for you, maybe it's just for school or money, maybe it's for your family, but regardless of your reasons, we civilians don't have what we have if you don't fight for us to have it. From our grandfathers to our sons, you all keep the American dream a possibility for everyone. Thank you.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

I do not remember this one!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

EDIT: TaiNiWang was TufelHunden one of our servicemembers, he DID make it in!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012   #3
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Thank you, that was a nice write up on military folks.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #4
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

First and foremost; thank-you Rator for the kind words. We’ve had talks about this very subject and for me, it’s hard to accept thank-you’s for doing a job I was paid for. Don’t get me wrong; this is just how I feel when hearing this. I guess I look at it like this. If you go to restaurant and thank that chef for making that burger awesome or even cooking it up, you’re paying them to do that. Much like all American’s are ‘paying’ me to do a job. Perhaps it’s not one that someone else would do. I don’t know how many folks would turn to run toward gunfire or an explosion or fire…..perhaps Police, Fireman and the like. But none the less….it was a job that I loved and would do it all over again!

For those youngsters that might be reading these posts: If for whatever reason, you’re not sure of what you want to do when you grow-up. I’d suggest that you at least go in for four years. It’s not a lifetime commitment and in the end, who knows, you’ll learn a great skill that translates over to the civilian sector and you would have seen some of the world hopefully…..just my two cents.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote