Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2008   #1
USNAVY1985
No One Gets Left Behind

Socom Confrontation: What is confirmed so far!

S:Con has so far (after reading 500+ page of posts that includes sixslant updates)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------It looks promising!

Everything here was said directly by User Six-Slant at the official playstation forums (minus maybe a few smart ass remarks from me which are easily detectable lol). He was given the title by Sony on the forums and is the real deal not some 12 year old. He has been working on the game and listening to users feedback and wishes. For example radar was going to be on at all times and after 20 straight pages of posts saying thats not socom, it was changed (read below). Six Slant seems to be listening to the community and he has been checking regularly. Anyways not promising anything here will be new, but it at least will organize things.

Sources:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...nding&page=495

Radar Dots- Are not in ranked games at all, default for custom games are no radar however there is an option for it only in custom games.

Lobby system- Similar to s2/s3 lobby with individual servers like us east ect. Also has a new quick match party feature like cod4 but you dont need to use it. Ranked games using the random quick match will be available, however you will still get seporte stats for non ranked games it just wont count towards overall ranking.

Movement- You can go from stand to crouch while running like you could in s2

Maps- 7 will be available at launch

Sound- Capturing high resolution audio for SOCOM: Confrontation from the field. (no rb6v2 gun sounds lmao). sound quality will be a dramatic improvement over the previous SOCOM games due to the fact that we can push a lot more with the PS3. Sounds around a corner sound muffled.

Crossroads- The 32 player mode for Crossroads is an expansion to the original map that creates an additional ring of buildings, roads and terrain around the original core. If you ever wondered what lay beyond the barricaded roads in the original map, we are going to show you. Also, for those who were concerned, the destructible bridges in the map will function exactly the same way they have in the past. The paths underneath the bridges will be blocked with the debris of the ruined bridge once destroyed. Yes, you can choose to play Crossroads core (16 players, classic map, new art) or Crossroads full (32 players, new areas beyond the core). So basically if the rest of the game sucks we will have the original c-roads to play 8v8 lol!!!

Victory dances- will be in the game!

Blood- Fuck yes its back bitches!!! no grey smoke haha (rated M)

Mics- Push to talk, not open! there is proximity chat your clan can talk via open chat, but you can L2 to chat to everyone on your team. Or if you have proximity chat then you chat with who ever is around you. They are planning on having a new headset for socom.

Supression- Its like socom 2. kill the whole other team or take a draw (called elimination mode)

Sprint mode- there is now a run/sprint mode. You can run/sprint but you cant shoot and your gun will not be accurate after running so basically just use this too avoid snipers.

Look mode- OPS view and since people didnt want it they added in the standard 3rd person view we are all use to as an option thank god!

USNAVY1985

s3: DeltaForce
kills: 808
Deaths: 414
Ratio: 1.952

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left."

"There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"In peace sons bury fathers, but war violates the order of nature, and fathers bury sons." -Heroditus, greek historian c. 484-425 B.C.

USNAVY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #2
Sabotage

lol too bad DatGuy would get fired if he told us anything else.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #3
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Meh, nothing new really, thanks for the info Navy, you know one of our guys actually WORKS at Slant Six...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #4
USNAVY1985
No One Gets Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
Meh, nothing new really, thanks for the info Navy, you know one of our guys actually WORKS at Slant Six...
Then tell him to make s2 with new maps and no cheats. They would be rich ha

USNAVY1985

s3: DeltaForce
kills: 808
Deaths: 414
Ratio: 1.952

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left."

"There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"In peace sons bury fathers, but war violates the order of nature, and fathers bury sons." -Heroditus, greek historian c. 484-425 B.C.

USNAVY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #5
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Ya know this is a test. After them making a game for the old community and soley for the online community then you guys had BETTER shell out and pay the bucks or it or they will call it a bad investment and never do it again.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #6
Tagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
Ya know this is a test. After them making a game for the old community and soley for the online community then you guys had BETTER shell out and pay the bucks or it or they will call it a bad investment and never do it again.
If the SOCOM franchise fails, there's always CoD4.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #7
Weeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
Yes I have got to say that after switching to Xbox 360 and CoD4 I have not missed Socom one bit.
Weeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #8
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
SOCOM failed long ago....

What you mean to say is "if this come back atempt fails..." And there is a lot more than CoD4. CoD4 is freaking awesome! However there is also GRAW/2, R6V/2, GoW/(soon 2).

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #9
Tagger

True Midnight, what I'm implying in my statement is all about the comeback attempt.

I am having a blast with CoD4 these days. I really hope SOCOM lives up to everyone's expectations.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #10
Drunk_Couzens

I agree that COD4 is an awesome game. However No game will ever compare to to Socom 1 and 2 for its time. I feel like Confrontation can again bring back the prestige that WAS the socom title. If it does, its back to ebgames for a measly 15 dollar buy back of COD4 without even thinking. Good news update though. I thought there was only 5 maps on release. Nice to hear there are 7 now.

Ps. Whats datguys favorite kind of beer. I would like to bribe him into trying to receive a beta copy and i don't know what those crazy Canadians drink up there besides labatts and molson

.Game Over.  Add Me: PSN Handle = Drunk_Couzens
Drunk_Couzens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #11
[SS]Rator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Couzens View Post
I agree that COD4 is an awesome game. However No game will ever compare to to Socom 1 and 2 for its time.
YOUR opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Couzens View Post
If it does, its back to ebgames for a measly 15 dollar buy back of COD4 without even thinking.
COD4 = Game of the Year, why sell it?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 04-07-2008   #12
Drunk_Couzens

Whoop, my mistake. Should have put IMO on that first comment rator. And the only reason i'd sell it back COD4 is due to the fact of time value of life, and not being able to play 2 games at once. I would put in 20 some odd hours during the week after work playing Socom. And now i put in about the same on COD4. To me, that is a lot of time. I don't trade my games in because i think they stink and i want some type of money back for it, i only trade them in because i know im just going to move onto the next game and never look back. Im just hoping confrontation brings back that strategic feel of teamwork which i miss and dont really get from playing COD4.

.Game Over.  Add Me: PSN Handle = Drunk_Couzens
Drunk_Couzens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #13
[SS]Rator

No prob bro, just pointing it out. And i hear what you're saying, but me personally, i will go back and play through the single player a few more times i'm sure, so i usually keep the good ones.

Old 04-07-2008   #14
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Socom was the first multi-player squad based shooter for the console crowd.

The gameplay, the comms, etc. were something I had NEVER seen anything like before. I know it was old hat to the PC guys, but as a consoler I couldn't freaking believe how cool that was.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #15
[SS]Rator

actually want halo out before that? ghost recon too?