Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2011   #121
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Interesting....from here.

Quote:
Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling, has today revealed that the killstreak system in MW3 will be completely different to that of Black Ops.
Bowling responded to a question directed to his Twitter account Fourzerotwo by saying that Infinity Ward has ”changed the entire way the killstreak system works. I can’t go into detail yet, but I will share when I can.”
This has obviously caused a few rumours one being that stackable killstreaks are back and another that objectives will also help players towards killstreak rewards.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #122
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #123
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I guess this post could go here as well....

Quote:
Activision has confirmed that the first wave of invites for the Call of Duty Elite beta have been sent out to selected fans today.

The chosen few will be able to download the new social network and explores most of its free community features using Call of Duty: Black Ops. More invites will be issued over the coming weeks.

"The first wave will be very small," warned Activision's social media manager Dan Amrich on his blog. "It will grow with time, so you might not get in immediately. Don't let that worry you; slow and steady is part of the plan. It has to be, or this won't work at all."

He added that while Beachhead won't be able to incorporate the 2m volunteers from the beginning, the goal is to roll out the beta in waves to as many people as possible. There is no fixed end date for the beta.

Full details of the Call of Duty Elite feature set and its integration with Modern Warfare 3 will be announced at September's Call of Duty XP event.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 07-14-2011   #124
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

More on that from Dan Amrich the social media guy with Activision:

Quote:
One of Swords Podcast 071: Karate Sleepover

by Dan on June 1, 2011

The big news this week is Call of Duty Elite — and I’ve got the big names from its developer, Beachhead, to cut through the confusion and give you the information straight from the source. Studio head Chacko Sonny and product director Noah Heller explain Elite’s goals, how DLC factors in, and how the project hopes to be a “no-brainer” for COD fans. Kat and Hugh and Dan have some thoughts on Elite as well, plus the usual poppycock involving Jerry Seinfeld, Sony’s return, So You Think You Can Dance, E3 jitters, city-building games, and even a smidgeon of news on Palette-Swap Ninja. Plus, it’s time for the OneOfSwords debut of the all-new, accidentally easy Stick It To The Dan!

Get the podcast on iTunes
Get the podcast on Zune Marketplace
Get the podcast on your own with RSS Feedburnerr
From here: http://oneofswords.com/2011/06/one-o...ate-sleepover/

Old 07-14-2011   #125
DatGuy

http://kotaku.com/5821230/modern-war...icality-of-mw2

well, at least they realized the maps and MP design in MW2 was wrong. My interest in this game just went from 0/10 to 2/10

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #126
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer features outed

Quote:
New Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer features have been detailed by developer Infinity Ward
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 developer Infinity Ward has released details on a number of new features set to land in the upcoming addition to the COD franchise.

Stating that Modern Warfare 3 will support a more “COD 4 mentality”, Infinity Ward has revealed that it is to limit the number of hiding hotspots in multiplayer maps where eager gamers can camp out to await easy kills.

"It simplifies it so that the less skilled player has less to think about," Robert Bowling Creative Strategist at Infinity Ward announced in a recent interview. He added Modern Warfare 3 would feature “fewer places to hide, which discourages the camper mentality that seemed to emerge in the map design of Modern Warfare 2."

Stating that Modern Warfare 3 is “all about the high-speed, fast-paced-and smooth controls and 60-frames-per-second framerate-infantry-focused combat" Bowling added that the upcoming release would arch back to the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare title.

"I feel like it's something we nailed with Call of Duty 4. We moved away from it a little bit with MW2, relying heavily on air support, killstreaks, perks and stuff like that. Modern Warfare 3, very much [is] building up from that Call of Duty 4 mentality of gun-on-gun, fast-paced infantry gameplay."

With a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 release date pencilled in for November 8th the latest COD title is to go head-to-head with Battlefield 3 for the title of the year’s biggest gaming release and the coveted Christmas number one.

Old 07-15-2011   #127
Tagger

I had a lot of fun learning to snipe in CoD4 (especially on the Creek map). I hope IW does not intend to restrict sniping in their effort to curb camping. For the record, I monitor for extended periods. I never camp.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #128
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
I had a lot of fun learning to snipe in CoD4 (especially on the Creek map). I hope IW does not intend to restrict sniping in their effort to curb camping. For the record, I monitor for extended periods. I never camp.
tactical waiting?

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #129
[SSr]LouSaynis

Blops is already designed so that there's nowhere that you can sit that you aren't accessible from at least 2 different directions. Shit sucks. I like to pitch my tent and get a good fire going. Tactical position-holding is a key element in my strategy. Esp. in games such as the Battlefield series where you have maps that you can actually snipe on. I like to hold my position as well as another position on the other side of the map :)
Old 07-15-2011   #130
Tagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
tactical waiting?
Indeed!

Edit at OD: Yeah, in CoD4 and MW2, I usually had sites on either side that I would alternate and leave gifts behind for the other teams' snipers.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011   #131
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

More from Karl and Call of Duty Elite - Metaphorically Speaking

Old 07-16-2011   #132
[SSr]LouSaynis

Still no dinosaurs. Dinosaurs > Ponies
Old 07-17-2011   #133
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

So much for an unregulated internet...

Quote:
Activision filed a domain-name dispute with National Arbitration Forum on Friday over ModernWarfare3.com, a gag website attempting to convert Modern Warfare 3 fans to EA's Battlefield 3.

Activision argues that the person behind ModernWarfare3.com "has no right or legitimate interest in the Domain Name," a violation of the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, and wants the site under its own control. Activision has provided the panel with a two-page list of Modern Warfare's accomplishments as evidence of its right to the domain, or perhaps because it wants to see its "Best Shooter" award from CNN.com in writing. Activision claims the site contains copyrighted material, including the style of its Modern Warfare 3 header, and that the owner "supports the game Battlefield," quoting that it "urges visitors to 'grow up and forgettabout Modern Warfare 3 (because it looks just like Modern Warfare 2) and buy Battlefield 3 instead.'"

ModernWarfare3.com was purchased on March 26, 2009, almost two years before Modern Warfare 3 was officially announced, and until recently the website redirected users to Battlefield3.com. Currently its front page reads, "Warning: this website is under seige," with the above clip from Monty Python's Life of Brian re-dubbed to bash Modern Warfare 3.

Old 07-17-2011   #134
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Heh kinda funny how the fine print in the "Beta" tab reads as follows:

Quote:
Modern Warfare 3 .com is a 100% unofficial fan site dedicated to the Modern Warfare series. Call of Duty official site.

The website ModernWarfare3.com is not associated, affiliated, endorsed or sponsored by the creators or publishers of the game (we like them a lot though.)

Old 07-17-2011   #135
Bassani

I pay my $ for the game, I'll camp & pitch my tent if I want to... =)