Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2011   #106
Tagger

I hope we get mini-nukes for a 4-kill streak.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #107
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
I hope we get mini-nukes for a 4-kill streak.
From what DG posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
more perk/KS stuff, this time from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/5805959/the-modern...ew-killstreaks

While it's likely that some of the killstreaks will drop out or be added in, we've been told that the team has decided to remove the controversial Tactical Nuke killstreak from the game.

And for Rush's comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rush View Post
God, do you guys work? I thought for sure i was the first to stumble on this.... This wedding is bullshit!!!!
I use Google Alerts. Type in key words and I get an email with all the top hits from the Interwebs. Me thinks that's what these other boys are doing....

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011   #108
Tagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
From what DG posted:.......

While it's likely that some of the killstreaks will drop out or be added in, we've been told that the team has decided to remove the controversial Tactical Nuke killstreak from the game.....
I was hoping for care package nukes. It's the only way I would ever get one.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #109
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

This is what will be free with the CoD:Elite

Quote:
Access Elite through the web as well as Elite's free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
Track and share thousands of stats with friends -- k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries -- who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance -- where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
Analyze your weapons performance -- which weapons you are best with in which situations
Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
After you analyze your performance to your heart's content - Customize your loadout -- search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against -- find people who make the game the most fun for you -- TDM, Lakers' fans, Weekend Warriors, whatever you choose.
Create a private Clan with players who share your interests and skill level
Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
Seamlessly be placed into matches into Groups who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile to elevate your in-game experience.
Start tracking your Call of Duty career -- everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops

http://www.1up.com/news/what-call-of...te-offers-free

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #110
DatGuy

Battlefield has one of these services too apparently, but in DICE fashion its free

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011   #111
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Not sure DICE has the same thing. I like that DICE gives a lot of freebies. That is one reason I buy the BF games. But we don't really know exactly what is being offered for a fee here yet. Kinda early to make judgement calls. Dontcha think?

Old 06-04-2011   #112
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I thought the better link from that article above was this the PDF Q&A..

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 06-06-2011   #113
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Here is another PDF outlining clearly what will be free with the Elite service.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite-beta/elite_features.pdf

Old 06-06-2011   #114
AEJustin1

nice! Clan support, cross device messaging (I'm assuming this will let you message between PS3, 360, PC) actually sounds pretty cool.

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #115
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I guess a date is set for the Beta is set...

The 2011 E3 Expo opens today as Activision has released the final details their Call of Duty-centric lineup. The one-two punch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and the Call of Duty Elite subscription service headline the publisher’s announcement. They’ve even announced an official state date for Elite’s invite-only public beta: July 14, 2011. According to Activision, over a million people have already registered to request a beta key.

Old 06-06-2011   #116
DatGuy

after seeing that trailer, Im even less impressed than I was before...show me the MP to complete the disappointment and the RAPE of a once good series

Old 06-06-2011   #117
Rush
Goonies Never Say Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
after seeing that trailer, Im even less impressed than I was before...show me the MP to complete the disappointment and the RAPE of a once good series
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #118
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rush View Post
no, just a person who expects games to evolve and not milk the same shit year after year...if you arent going to do anymore than a patch could do, then dont do it

Old 06-06-2011   #119
DatGuy

talking about MP of course on that one...

The Michael Bay movie SP is a whole other can o'worms

Old 07-01-2011   #120
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Ummm....anyone here live near LA?

Activision will be converting a 12-acre compound in the Los Angeles area to host their Call of Duty XP 2011 event for fans of the popular first-person shooter. The main highlights of XP is a public hands-on demo of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer and Spec Ops' Survival Mode plus a live Black Ops Xbox 360 tournament.

For those who wish to compete in the tournament, you'll be pit against other groups of players in a 32-team, single elimination bracket competition. Each team is comprised of four members and there will be various qualification opportunities available worldwide including some last-minute qualifiers at the XP event itself. One million dollars worth of cash and prizes are going to be awarded to the best players.

Part of the XP compound is dedicated to recreations of Modern Warfare 2's Pit training grounds and Scrapyard multiplayer level. Feel free to blow off some steam in Scrapyard by shooting up your friends and rivals with paintball guns. Those who run through the Pit have a chance to earn some prizes.

When you're ready to wind down and grab some grub, head on over to Burger Town for hambugers and fries. Feel free to check out the Armory to see weapons and games from the Call of Duty series.

Call of Duty XP 2011 takes place September 2 and 3, allowing more than 6,000 visitors to attend. Tickets are worth $150 and all profits will be sent to The Call of Duty Endowment non-profit group.