Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

015 The Sea Snipers® 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 30: Library of Congress

The Sea Snipers® 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 30: The Library of Congress

The Sea Snipers® are in the Library of Congress.

This link MIGHT work, but their website times out so you may have to just search for Sea Snipers to see the results.

http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebr...23171824&SID=1

If that link doesn't work you can go here and search for us
http://catalog.loc.gov/webvoy.htm

We are currently listed for Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, and COD Black Ops. Even though we've worked on several other guides and have our name in the credits and on the covers, some of these guides just don't get put into the library for some reason.

Here's some interesting info on the library that you might not have known...

• The Library serves as a legal repository for copyright protection and copyright registration. Regardless of whether they register their copyright, all publishers are required to submit two complete copies of their published works to the Library.

• Nearly 22,000 new items published in the U.S. arrive every business day at the Library. Contrary to popular belief, however, the Library does not retain all of these works in its permanent collection.

• As is true of many similar libraries, the Library of Congress retains copies of every publication in the English language that is deemed significant.

So it seems that the US Government deems our work on MW2, MW3 and COD BO to be "significant"! That is pretty damn cool. Even though we always knew we'd "go down in history" lol now it's totally true!

I think I personally hold this and our MW3 credit in-game to be two of our greatest achievements.

It's been one hell of a crazy ride with these guys, and I'm honestly looking forward to what's around the corner.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

Ivana didn't make it.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #2
DatGuy

isn't that place underwater now? and the only affected documents were those guides?

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #3
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

ouch.

nice sig quote tho.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #4
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

me thinks someone is having withdrawals...

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote