Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-20-2010   #181
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
I'll be getting it for my PS3. Shooters and racing go there. Anything else (strategy, RTS) has 360 potential at my house. Thanks for the answer Dat. Sorry Justin. I just gotta do my shootin and racin on the PS3.
dont do it Tag, the PS3 version is farked

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #182
[SSr]LouSaynis

Quote:
Anything else (strategy, RTS) has 360 potential at my house.
How do those work on consoles?
Old 12-21-2010   #183
Tagger

@ Dat: too late. It's really down to where my brothers game and controller comfort for me. I'll just have to live with the shortcomings of the PS3 version. It's not a big deal for me.

@ Overdrive: Ruse? Civ Revolution? That's what I mean by RTS's.
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #184
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

From here

If you are playing Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360, then you are in luck, as the DLC for the game would be available for Xboxers a full month ahead of PlayStation 3. According to Major Nelson, DLC includes a multiplayer map pack consisting of four maps and a Zombie co-op option. Sounds Sweet!
Two of the four regular maps are said to be based on single player Hong Kong level and the Arctic Circle stage, while the remaining two maps are expected to be the spanking new ones based around the Berlin Wall and an ice hockey stadium. No word on the zombie map so far.
Generally, Call of Duty restricts its downloadable contents to multiplayer map packs, but the parent company is alluding that it may experiment with newer extras this time. ]The DLC would be available for download on February 1, 2011 and will cost you 1000 Microsoft points, which are equivalent to roughly £10 or $15 in real money.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #185
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
dont do it Tag, the PS3 version is farked
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERDRIVE4825 View Post
How do those work on consoles?
Quote:
@ Dat: too late. It's really down to where my brothers game and controller comfort for me. I'll just have to live with the shortcomings of the PS3 version. It's not a big deal for me.

@ Overdrive: Ruse? Civ Revolution? That's what I mean by RTS's.
Multiquote FTW...LOL

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #186
Tagger

LOL, still haven't figured that out.

edit: I need to find the destructions for multi-quoting.

Last edited by Tagger : 12-21-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2010   #187
[SSr]LouSaynis

Quote:
Ruse? Civ Revolution? That's what I mean by RTS's.
I mean how do they work out? Are they even playable?
Old 12-21-2010   #188
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

multiquote = click the MQ button on every post that has stuff you wanna quote, then just click POST REPLY and it will contain all of the posts you clicked MQ for.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #189
Tagger

Thanks Rator.

OD, they work decently. But, if I had a better PC that's where I'd want to play them.
Old 12-23-2010   #190
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Seriously?

Activision CEO: 'Call of Duty' is like Facebook, texting

By Mark Milian, CNN

"Call of Duty" effectively adapts to changing communication habits, says Activision's CEO The games can be as integral to social lives as Facebook and text messaging Activision hopes to adapt lessons from "World of Warcraft" into "Call of Duty"
(CNN) -- Instant messaging, texting, Facebook, and ... "Call of Duty?"

The "Call of Duty" games effectively adapt to changing communication habits, Bobby Kotick, the CEO of game publisher Activision, told CNN on Tuesday.

And that could be the smoking gun in the franchise's takeover of the video-game industry.

The latest entry in the console-game series, "Call of Duty: Black Ops," has netted more than $1 billion in sales worldwide since it came out on November 9, Activision announced on Tuesday. In that time, gamers have spent 600 million hours with the game, the company said.

"More people play 'Black Ops' every day than watch Jay Leno, David Letterman and Jimmy Fallon, combined," Kotick boasted. "The audience of 'Call of Duty' is probably greater in terms of size ... than in any other interactive form of entertainment."

Activision didn't invent war games or first-person shooters. Even today, the genre continues to attract new big-budget entrants. On Tuesday, Electronics Arts released "Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam."

Yet it's the "Call of Duty" games that attract blockbuster openings and fervent support. By some estimates, "Black Ops" had the biggest five-day opening in revenue of any entertainment debut in history.

The "Call of Duty" games generally feature compelling, cinematic storylines. In "Black Ops," soldiers are tasked with assassinating Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

But it's the competitive play that draws the biggest crowds, Kotick said. Some 60% of traffic coming through Microsoft's Xbox Live online gaming service is from "Call of Duty" games, where players can take each other on, he said.

"The multiplayer is really the thing that has changed the game in such a meaningful way," Kotick said.

Instead of getting together to watch a movie, some people huddle around the living-room game console, or strap on a headset and chat online with friends across town or across the country over some gunfire.

"If you look at the 500 million people who are on Facebook and the way that people text each other and instant message and use video chat, there is now an evolution of media," Kotick said. "Those are the characteristics and attributes that a generation and audiences feel are very important to their media and entertainment experiences. And we expect that."

"Call of Duty" delivers on that trend, he said. These games can be as integral to the social lives of young people, especially males, as any other form of digital communication.

Kotick rattled off various factors he says make the "Call of Duty" franchise stand out from competitors -- "production value, the level of polish," that "no detail gets left unaltered," he said. Perhaps most important is "the sophistication and capability of the multiplayer matchup," Kotick said.

"Black Ops" credits Activision's Treyarch studio as the primary developer. The game came under scrutiny from video-game critics after a shakeup at Infinity Ward, the developer most often associated with the franchise.

Activision fired two executives from Infinity Ward for "wrongdoing" -- "so wrong that you were left with no choice" but to dismiss them, Kotick said. Their positions have since been filled after the company was flooded with about 5,000 résumés, Kotick said.

"Multiplayer has been largely developed by Treyarch," even in games like "Modern Warfare," which were credited to Infinity Ward, Kotick said. "I don't think Treyarch got their due for how much they contributed in the production and polish to the multiplayer."

Future "Call of Duty" games may borrow some things from Activision Blizzard's other massive franchise, "World of Warcraft," Kotick said. For example, developers should constantly mold their games based on audience feedback, he said.

"Blizzard really created the model for how to do this successfully and effectively, making sure the community of 'World of Warcraft' players has incredible influence on the future of the product," Kotick said. "There's so much more that we can deliver to our players."

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 12-23-2010   #191
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

This is just in time for those two guys that own the game down there...you can see them on your active users map when you're in game. They NEVER log off!

Press Release: Call of Duty Black Ops DLC Available for South African Subscribers

Johannesburg, South Africa – December 23, 2010 – Megarom Interactive (Pty) Ltd., South Africa’s leading importer and distributor of interactive video games, today announced that the 4 DLC map packs for the Zombie co-op game mode, which were bundled for Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened and Prestige editions have now been made available to South African account holders.

Issues on receiving the content have now been resolved for both PSN and XBL users. Consumers on South African accounts will be able to download the bonus DLC, however XBOX360 users who have not migrated their accounts to South Africa may still experience issues.

Old 12-25-2010   #192
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

From here

Man spends over 200,000 years playing Black Ops

OK, we cheated a little, it’s Man with a capital ‘M’ and it includes all of them. Everyone of them. As a species. Including the females. Confused? KitGuru explains!
Data released by software publisher shows that humanity has now spent more than 600,000,000 hours playing BlackOps online since its release.
The game itself has now created more than $1 Billion in revenue for the Activision franchise and that’s all happened since its release in November. Stunning. Absolutey stunning.
To put his achievement into context, the only film in human history to draw in that kind of money, at that speed, was Avatar.
Plenty of people still don’t have Black Ops, so for every hour that ‘unconverted; person spends on ‘normal games’, the die hard Call of Duty fan has to jog into battle at double time.
Here’s the last analogy on the subject. To achieve this figure collectively, every single XBox 360 owner on the planet would have to play Black Ops for at least one hour a day – every day – since its launch. Now THAT is a lot of soldiers marching into war.
Activision is actually expecting a further surge just after the Christmas holidays as all of the new XBox 360 owners (who set out to buy it just for the Kinect Dance programmes), decide to see what the fuss is about and drop some of the ‘money that falls out from envelopes’ into the game

Old 12-26-2010   #193
AEJustin1

nice got my copy for Christmas, haven't gotten the chance to play yet though :(

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #194
AEJustin1

1st online match I go 14-10 woooohooo lol

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #195
Tagger

Got it for Christmas as well. Pretty cool stuff. I love the cooperative combat training.