Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 8: S.E.A.L.

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 8: S.E.A.L.

S.E.A.L. Stands for Sea Snipers Evade & Assault League. This is our private league that we've run since 2004, 8 years now, so we thought it was perfect October 8th.

http://seasnipers.net/seal

We started the league back in Socom on the PS2 and have run it in several titles since then including the rest of the Socom series, RB6 Vegas 1 & 2, as well as all COD's from COD4 and up. We are currently competing Season 24 in BF3 on the 360.

So many teams have come through SEAL over the years and we've been fortunate enough to have played against some of the best. The competition in SEAL is stiff, but always fair. One of the things we pride our league on is the level of professionalism we keep here. We try to keep the league small so that first of all, we get to know all of the teams and players, but also to make sure random unprofessionals don't come in and ruin a season.

SEAL is a lot of work but it is also a lot of fun. We initially created it because of the lack of coordination and restrictions that were available on public ladders. I think I remember a point where a player in SOCOM could carry up to 6 pieces of explosives lol.

So we started SEAL as the Sea Snipers Elite Anti-Bomb League. Our major restriction was no explosives. No nades, no mines, no rockets, no tubes. It made for some awesome matches. Of course games change and so does our available options such as the COD series gave us with the ability to restrict individual items, perks, attachments etc, so we were able to change the name and allow at least some limited explosives.

SEAL has really become much like a Fight Club. We beat the shit out of each other twice a week, then scrimmage each other throughout the season. It's a great community that's sprung up here and we're happy to have helped start it.

12 titles, and 8 years later, here we are. About to wrap up our current season, we're going to decide if we'll be sticking with the BF series or heading back to what now seems to be our most played series, COD.

We'd like to thank all of the clans that have come and gone throughout the years. Thanks for the great competition, camaraderie, fun and learning experiences we've had with all of you and here's to 24 more seasons and 8 more years of great competition!

If you're looking to join, please hit the SEAL site and click on the JOIN button and fill out the form. Here's a direct link http://seasnipers.net/seal/join.html

And our recruit sig of the day is...(NSFW, and I FOUND that image like that, I just added the text! WTF?!)

Emma didn't make it.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote