Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

015 The Sea Snipers® 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 14: Midnight Release Events

The Sea Snipers® 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 14: Midnight Release Events: MRE's

I want to say that it was our CO of Field Ops [SS]Wally that first pitched the idea about doing some sort of promotion at the midnight releases for the games we've worked on, but I can't be sure. We pitched our pitch to Brady Games and they supported us with some swag and guides to give away.

None of us had done anything like this before and didn't know what to expect since this was our first one. All stores are different so I can really only speak about my store and location, but I was certainly nervous going in. I had to set up the tournaments, the raffle stuff, figure out where I'd be signing stuff, crazy.

On top of the stuff Brady gave us to raffle off, most of the Sea Snipers were cool enough to kick in some of their own cash for some [SS] swag from our store http://www.cafepress.com/seasnipersstore too.

It's a weird thing. Being part of the guide project is cool enough, but when everyone at the GameStop huddles around you to hear what it was like working on the game they haven't played yet, it gets cooler. Not as cool as having someone ask you to sign something of theirs, but yeah, cool.

We're regular guys so it's hard to find reason to actually sign someone's CONSOLE lol, but it is fucking cool, we felt like rockstars I have to say.

It's pretty amazing that all of this came from doing that one map for Socom 1 10 years ago. We are very fortunate to have had the opportunities that we've had thus far and look forward to what might be next in the Sea Snipers history. Thanks to all the fans who've supported us over the years and all of those that come to the MRE's to talk to us.

To date we've held MRE's for MW2, Black Ops, Halo Reach and MW3 which are available here http://seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64 and in our Facebook Photo Albums.

If you want to read more and view all of the pics from all of the events that we held across the country, click here http://seasnipers.net/ssmnrevent and also see more MRE pics on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/seasnipers

And our recruit sig of the day is...

Damn, RR ALMOST made it.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #2
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

;)

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #3
DatGuy