Go Back   [SS] Forums > Sea Snipers Website > Professional Work
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2009   #76
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Ommm....I live in Italy now. Does that count?

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #77
StubbyStic

I have the guide...but it has things like uncompleted titles, like you took screenshots of the beta or something. The tips were pretty good though.

Bytheway, what's Rator's top K-D in COD:MW2?
StubbyStic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #78
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

Hi StubbyStic, welcome to the forums.

The build we were using was what was available that day. They had us bouncing around in the builds because they were still making the game when we were out there.

We needed screen shots for the guide so we took thousands inside the builds when we were out there.

There have been a handful of changes we have scene to the game since we were there, this stuff is normal. We write about what is in front of us and try to get info on any possible changes before we ship off to the editors.

It was a great trip, you can read about the trip in the stickys.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #79
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbyStic View Post
I have the guide...but it has things like uncompleted titles, like you took screenshots of the beta or something. The tips were pretty good though.

Thanks Stub, yea we got a diff build almost everyday for a week.

My top K/D ratio isnt something i keep tabs on lol, but i know i've had multiple high 20's and single digit death matches in public. We mostly play private matches (4 times a week) so wins/losses are more important to us than k/d.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010   #80
Chenzo
Commies Beware

-REDACTED RANT POST ABOUT HOW K/D RATIO IS TALKED ABOUT TOO MUCH -

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #81
DatGuy

Quote:

0.67....LOL

sorry Rator I had to
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #82
[SS]Rator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
0.67....LOL

sorry Rator I had to
Had to what, fail at reading?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 02-25-2010   #83
Rush
Goonies Never Say Die!

K/D is only a good barometer to go by if two identical people play the same game mode.

I think a 1.5 K/D is good and 1.75 excellent for anyone who plays Hardcore S&D or even Hardcore Teamdeath Match.

I think 2.0 K/D is good for those who play Groundwar, Domination, or Regular Death Match.

I wish they would figure in Average kills per game, to see who the true campers are.
Overall kills/Overall Game Time=X
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010   #84
[SS]Rator

its just a stat. personally, i play differently depending on what i want. do i want most kills? do i want most wins? am i just ranking up guns? i do something different evertime i play so my K/D is probably garbage.

My MATCH k/d is about even, im a little over 1. Does that mean I am just an average player? Don't count on it...I'll do the shit jobs in matches, have to lead most times, roster, AND play too. I've played plently of matches where i just sat and watched a point for the team. Never killed anyone, never died lol. Your FRIENDS are the best meter to gauge your play. THEY know how you play in matches, they know what you can do, have done and can expect you to do. No stat can give you that information.

Old 02-26-2010   #85
Sabotage

I play a lot of free for all on PC and my k/d has to be in the 3.0s because of it but if I were to play like ground war or something it would be around 1.0 or 1.5. I agree it does depend on the mode because of the different styles of play, I never really pay attention to k/d, as long as I'm positive I'm happy.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #86
Zucaro

I think Rush summed it up pretty well. It would be nice to see a more detail in the stat pages to really view a players skill in each mode. I was hoping that you would've been able to compare accolades. Some of my friends are great players at objectives but looking at their regular stats (k/d) you'd never know it. Kills are not on the priority list for them but they can grab a point or a flag like nobodies business.

Oh, and thanks for the activation (SS), I've been reading the forums since the socom days and figured it was about time I join in. I can finally ask questions and get some help with my gaming.
Zucaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #87
[SS]Rator

Welcome to the boards!

Old 06-20-2010   #88
BW ChupaThing11

Hello And this is Complete SICK! lol I have an issue of the MW2 Strategy guide and saw you were the ones who did the multiplayer strats I was likre that is so sweet. Anyways i hope you guys dont mind my activity on the forums here one of these days hopefully we can share some ideas with each other. Thanks guys take it easy Chupa Out.
BW ChupaThing11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #89
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

This is what it's all about Chupa, helping the online community.

We love this stuff as much as everyone else.

Dude, I change my kids diapers with night-vision goggles on... your in the right place

Have a good time here.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010   #90
BW ChupaThing11

hahahaha Thats hilarious i own a pair of NVG's Never thought about using them to change my daughters diaper lol. My wife is going to die watching that one.
BW ChupaThing11 is offline   Reply With Quote