Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2011   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Study: Violent Video Games Linked To Decreasing Crime Rates

This I find much more believable then the stupid studies stating violent video games make teens more violent.

Quote:
A recent study indicates that video games may be keeping young Americans from committing crime, even when those games are particularly violent.

Several laboratory studies and analyses have focused on the possible ways in which exposure to violent video games can increase aggressive impulse in young people. However, a recent study aims to take a broader look at the equation. Specifically, "Understanding the Effects of Violent Video Games on Violent Crime" (Cunningham, Scott, Engelstätter, Benjamin and Ward, Michael R.) takes a look at the idea that people playing video games inside are not outside committing crimes, even if those games are violent and even if there is an increase in aggression.

The study ultimately concludes that "violent video games lead to decreases in violent crime".

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ime-rates.aspx
That is only 1/3 of the article. Click the link for the full article.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote