Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2006   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

015 Sea Snipers Author & Illustrate SOCOM: CA Guide

Socom Combine Assault: Strategy Guide
Multiplayer Authors & Illustrators

Download all Multiplayer MapsDownload Individual MP Maps
Since Sept '09 we've been hard at work authoring and illustrating the multiplayer section of the SOCOM Combined Assault Guide from Brady Games! After our success with the official SOCOM 3 guide, Brady picked us up to do the SCA guide.

Once again, we have written the entire multiplayer section of the guide, and I personally have illustrated all of the single player and multiplayer maps including a handful of tactical formation illustrations. We are aware that the maps in the previous guide were difficult to use since they were not available for online use, so this time I have created a numbered and lettered grid system to aid you and your clan in creating tactics and calling out locations. Now you can say, "3 tangos heading south out of E4".

The guide contains in-depth explanations of how to create and manage your clan as well as gameplay basics, and how-to's on tactical fireteam formations complete with illustrations. We had a lot of work to do and very little time and content to work from, but the guide came out fantastic!

In addition to writing and illustrating the guide, we will also have an interview with the Sea Snipers up on the Brady website, in the Brady Games Connected section. This section of their site will also include more content provided by the Sea Snipers in the weeks following the release of SOCOM: CA.

We are honored to be asked to write and illustrate these guides, and hope that they help you and your clan. I would have loved to do the maps on my own like i used to and offer naming things, but at least this way you get all of the maps at once. I would like to thank all of the Sea Snipers that contributed to this guide in both research and quality assurance, i couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks to [SS]Chief who got us out to E3 and got this whole thing rolling in the first place.

We would also like to thank all of the players that have been so cool, and so supportive of us over the past 4+ years. We appreciate it, and look forward to doing more for the community in the upcoming weeks and months following the SCA release. Hope you enjoy the guide, and please give us any feedback on it once you pick yours up.

Best,

[SS]Rator & The Sea Snipers®

[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote