Go Back   [SS] Forums > Sea Snipers Website > Professional Work
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009   #31
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

Dammit now I need to spend some money and pick this up.

Great job guys.

[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #32
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Steveo! Email me bro, ill see if i can get you a copy. I havent gotten all of mine yet so i dont know how many ill have.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #33
[WH]CoronA

Icon14

Let me start by simply saying "Wow..."

Some of you old old schoolers may remember my username but I come here with the full intent of only a couple of people remembering me or the group I gamed with so long ago. I am sure you remember [WH] from the days of old in Socom 1 and 2, eh Rator?

Anyways... I *had* to come say congratulations, at the least. I usually never buy a strategy guide when I purchase a game but today when I went to Gamestop here in Mississippi to pick up my copy of MW2 I seen the guide there and like usual just flipped through it while waiting to pay. Instantly when I picked it up I seen The Sea Snipers and thought to myself "No Way...". Opened the back up and I'll be damn! It made me think back to the old SocoM 1 days and using the maps you guys did of old to layout strategies for our leagues, etc... Heck, when I logged in here I still had an unread PM from you Rator about the old [SS], [WH], and sub forums, LOL!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and say awesome work. It made me kinda proud to see that and be able to know I gamed with ya'll oh so long ago when you got it started. As for me, I do enjoy the games still these days but recently put a ton of money into a new PC I built and based just on that refuse to get anything on console (Yes, I have a PS3 with the new SocoM but I just couldn't get into it like the ole days) that is also on the PC. One look @ what the games look like on PC and the pinpoint accuracy from a 5000+ DPI mouse would make ya never wanna pick up a controller again, haha!

Anyways, Congrats!

-Edit- omg at my old signature, wow lol.. Man, those were the days...

CoronA
Captain
Delta Company

Last edited by [WH]CoronA : 11-10-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Seen Old Sig :)
[WH]CoronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #34
[WH]CoronA

Oh, I guess I should also add that even though it is so much against what I ever do I went ahead and bought the guide anyways simply b/c it had ya'lls name on it ;)

CoronA
Captain
Delta Company

[WH]CoronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #35
[SS]Rator

Hey whats up Corona! Of course we remember you, and thanks for the compliments! Glad you liked the guide, we put a lot of work into it and think it turned out really nice. The Prestige edition is so nice looking and the fold out maps are a nice touch and super handy for those that aren't good with photoshop. Let us know when you grab a 360 and we'll party up and play!

Thanks again!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 11-10-2009   #36
AEJustin1

Corona! Whats up man

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009   #37
[SS]Rator

I'll be putting up all of the text and pics from last night's midnight release events across the country probably early afternoon tomorrow.

Old 11-11-2009   #38
Yetizai

I picked up my guide witht he game yesterday. Nice work, as always. Don't care for the small size( that you don't control) but that has nothing to do with the content which was great.

Yetizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009   #39
[SS]Rator

Thanks Yeti, and what do you mean about the small size? The text?

Old 11-12-2009   #40
Yetizai

The guide I have is like 5x7 inches in size. It's the only one the local stores had so I assumed it was the only size offered for the game. Anyway my old eyes still pick up the text plenty well but it would be nice to have larger images of the maps then their current 3x3 inch size in the guide I have.

Again, nice work.

Old 11-12-2009   #41
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

5x7? That isn't the guide Yeti.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #42
[SS]Rator

omg lol ok that is a special version evidently that was only offered at wal marts. I just got one from Brady, its so tiny! Look for the prestige version

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074...pf_rd_i=507846

Old 11-12-2009   #43
Yetizai

Umm, ok. It's 303 pages in length. Has more than 150 pages of MP guide to it. It's just 5x7. None of my local stores had anything but this size. I looked.

Want pics?

Edit - Oh just read Rator's post. The local gamestop was sold out of guides. The only 2 other local stores that had the guides are both Walmarts. Thus the small size :). It's handy with the exception of the small map size.

Last edited by Yetizai : 11-12-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2009   #44
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

I want a tiny guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
omg lol ok that is a special version evidently that was only offered at wal marts. I just got one from Brady, its so tiny! Look for the prestige version

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074...pf_rd_i=507846
Wow. Good deal there. Was $35 at my Game Stop.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #45
[SS]Rator

Podcast is live...

http://www.youvegotgeekonyou.com/blo...er-from-s.html

its about halfway thru where it starts.