Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-28-2010   #136
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

I use the RC car as one of my Killstreaks. I giggle my ass off everytime I use it. It's the look on the AI face, like in Scooby Doo and he goes, "Raggy?" LOL...

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #137
Bassani

RC cars in HC modes suck...
Old 11-28-2010   #138
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani View Post
RC cars in HC modes suck...
That's when it's more fun, to make it worse I use hardline. I'm such a "DOUCHE".

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #139
[SS]Sabotage
Eyes In The Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Showstoper View Post
That's when it's more fun, to make it worse I use hardline. I'm such a "DOUCHE".
...lol

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
[SS]Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #140
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

This is the flagship item of this game. Deal with it. Complaining will not make it go away. I dislike all kill streaks, I have yet to see why it is a good thing to have them at all. If you are going 3-0, 5-0, 11-0 etc. then why do you need more help? When did owning stop being it's own reward?

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman

Last edited by [SS]Midnight : 11-28-2010 at 07:34 PM.
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #141
DatGuy

they could have handled it better, I would like it if when you killed the dude that was driving it, the car stopped and blew up in that place...dead men can't drive.

and yes Midnight I agree that killstreaks are worthless and add nothing to the game.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #142
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
they could have handled it better, I would like it if when you killed the dude that was driving it, the car stopped and blew up in that place...dead men can't drive.
There are lots of ways they could have handled it. I like they way they did do it. I would just rather it was implemented in a way other than a kill streak. I have many ideas on how it could have been put in the game in a way that did not bring about a snowball affect for lucky people, but for my own reasons I would rather not share those right now.

Quote:
and yes Midnight I agree that killstreaks are worthless and add nothing to the game.
For the record you are not agreeing with me as I did not say that. They do have worth. The majority of gamers REALLY like them a lot and they add A LOT to the game. However I feel they are not much more than training wheels for the unskilled. And the skilled just use them to make the game less fun for the less skilled in an unnecessarily compounded way. Example: That Guy (word play intended ) on the other team is just owning you 11-0. Well that's bad. You feel bad. But the reality is that with all his kill streaks (RC car, napalm, choppers, dogs, etc.) he is actually killing you more like 16-0. So instead of just being beat down you are getting pummeled and you chances of a comeback (one thing I loved about SOCOM was that you could be loosing miserably and still be able to come back for a win) is little to none. So what does all this bla-bla I am saying mean? In short: the outcome of a game is typically decided in the first minute. In the first minute whoever gets to the kill streaks first wins. ....why play the rest of the game?

I see this online in practical observation online in public rooms. In the first minute the kill-streakers are discovered and then you have at least half of the other team quitting in hopes of finding a room less one sided.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman

Last edited by [SS]Midnight : 11-28-2010 at 08:20 PM.
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #143
DatGuy

I really wish they would include more no respawn modes to the game as well. These same modes year after year have become REALLY stale.

Old 11-28-2010   #144
[SSr]LouSaynis

Quote:
I really wish they would include more no respawn modes to the game as well. These same modes year after year have become REALLY stale.
There are dozens of games out there that fulfill what you want. If you're tired of the same modes, just hop on over to another game for a bit while you take a quick break from CoD
Old 11-28-2010   #145
DatGuy

I play those games too...but I like the feel of COD shooting...heres the thing, why should they limit themselves when they could get even more of the market than they already have?

Old 11-28-2010   #146
[SS]Sabotage
Eyes In The Skies

Quote:
I play those games too...but I like the feel of COD shooting...heres the thing, why should they limit themselves when they could get even more of the market than they already have?
Because people are afraid of change DG.

Old 11-29-2010   #147
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
This is the flagship item of this game. Deal with it. Complaining will not make it go away. I dislike all kill streaks, I have yet to see why it is a good thing to have them at all. If you are going 3-0, 5-0, 11-0 etc. then why do you need more help? When did owning stop being it's own reward?
If it were up to me, I'd vote for 'reverse' killstreaks. Folks like me would get something at my 3rd, 5th and 11th death in a row. That might balance the field out a bit. If someone that's really good might charge out with the thought of getting a killstreak. I'd kill them and then feel good about myself!

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #148
Bassani

Prestige Icons...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CoD-BO-Prest-Icons.jpg (73.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-01-2010   #149
Tagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
If it were up to me, I'd vote for 'reverse' killstreaks. Folks like me would get something at my 3rd, 5th and 11th death in a row. That might balance the field out a bit. If someone that's really good might charge out with the thought of getting a killstreak. I'd kill them and then feel good about myself!
Good idea Chief. I don't have Black Ops yet (on my Christmas list) but I doubt my experience in B/O is going to be much different online than what it's been in MW2.
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #150
[SS]Sabotage
Eyes In The Skies

I want number 12 prestige.