Quote:
Originally posted by nyck
and thats why rotke awards you a hat:

best wishes, rock on guys!
What does ROTKE mean?

[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #62
nyck

oh, that might go a little too far to explain. very philosophical… rotke is mother
nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #63
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

Quote:
Originally posted by nyck
oh, that might go a little too far to explain. very philosophical… rotke is mother

here I want to learn more so I started a thread so this one is not hijacked.

Click here

[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005   #64
nyck

err… well. i can try to explain. could take a little though…
Old 10-14-2005   #65
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Hey Thanks nyck and Rotke, you guys have always supported us, so thanks for the kind words.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #66
[SS]TuefelHunden
Semper Fratres, Semper Fi

So, I know I'm a little late in getting to it, but I too wanted to say great job on the guide. I saw the thread over at the mXm site and I bought my guide with the game last wednesday. It's been quite a while since I've been to your site and I've never been one to post much anywhere, but I had to let you guys know. Great work everyone, kudos to all.

[SS]TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #67
[SS]Rator

Thanks bud, much appreciated! BTW, we just found out that NY stores have sold out of the guide. this is crazy!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 10-20-2005   #68
[ReD] SNIPER
Ensign

Awesome job on the maps in the guide and the online write up, Rator. Keep up the good work. I bet it was hell getting all that done in a month though...lol
[ReD] SNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #69
{TEX} MANURE
Ensign

good job [SS] on all your work we at Texasclan have used your maps in the past and am glad to see yo finally get the recognition you deserve. GREAT JOB!!!!

HIT HARD, HIT FAST, HIT OFTEN.

RETREAT HELL!
WE'RE JUST ATTACKING IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION.

{TEX} MANURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005   #70
MidgetLover
Goomba -11/17/2004

Nice Job [SS]

Hey guys, Glad to hear that you were a big part of the guide. I went and got it just because you guys had something to do with it. I put it away for safe keeping. Just also wanted to say that you guys are the best clan on and off line. Well, everyone have a good night or morning. LOL

= MidgeTLoveR= I love my little friend!!!!
MidgetLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #71
heavenly spawn
Ensign

Sorry to say it guys, but you SOLD OUT. I'm not sure what they paid you, if they did at all, but you totally screwed the people at TWB and people who use them for tactics. I can respect you guys for the work you did with S1 and 2, (even this if you can believe it) but you guys are just tools of sony. The maps are NOWHERE on the net, and thats because sony has the rights to them. More money for $ony, and less tactics for the rest of us. I'll probly end up buying it though. That is, unless they show up in a newsgroup or something.
heavenly spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #72
[SS]Rator

Thanks everyone, except you spawn. BTW, we ARE the TWB guys (Myself and Chenzo created it) and we are working with Piggyback to get useable digital versions of the maps out for everyone.

You think we sold out? Let me ask you this, if they came to you and your clan and asked you to WRITE the multiplayer section of the OFFICIAL socom 3 guide, would you have said no?

If they asked you to illustrate ALL of the maps and pay you for the stuff youve been doing for free for 3 years, would you have turned them down?

If they said you and your clan and your company will get full credit in the guide and pay you handsomely for your work, would you have turned them away? Yeah, i dont think so.

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. And I think anyone of you would have taken it as well. As for the digital versions, we are working on it. We cant use them either. So we're all in the same boat. Besides if i did them myself, you would have had to wait until socom 4 came out to see all of the maps anyway.

Old 11-01-2005   #73
heavenly spawn
Ensign

When I mentioned the TWB people, I meant people who relied on it for tactical use.

I can't say that I wouldent have said yes. Money is a powerful tool, but until you can give me a date on which you will get the digital maps, you are a 'sell out' in my, and only my, mind. I would be absolutly SHOCKED if piggyback let you have the digital maps. Now, i'm no lamen; corperations will do everything they can do to squeeze money out of something. I'd say you'd get those maps online in about 10 months or more. I just downloaded the sample though, and I hope that the 'Storm Front' map that is shown is not the actual map. The one thats downloadable is as bad as the in-game ones that they whip out in a few minutes. I'm going to ASSUME that the maps you guys made are AWSOME like the ones in socom one and two.
heavenly spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005   #74
[SS]Rator

ok, you said "but you totally screwed the people at TWB and people who use them for tactics." so i assumed you meant us. And dude, we didnt do it just for the money, like i said its a once in a lifetime opportunity. No other clan has ever been involved in anything like this before.

You can keep saying sell out all you want. Thats not what we did.

As far as the quality of the maps, go look at a guide. The pdfs you downloaded are lo-res, the printed versions in the guide are really nice.

Old 11-01-2005   #75
nyck

@spawn
did you ever donate money to rator and his guys to support them doing all the work on the maps? well, i can not find your name on the map supporter list…

did you gave them any kind of respect? so how can you tell them they sold out then?

why don't you buy the guide, or get it from one of your friends? you could draw a map of your own and import it in the twb… (or scan the maps out of the guide…)