Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008   #91
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

We did a lot of research before we made any decisions and it seems to have paid off. No games for the ps3 comparatively, no excusives, NO online service to speak of, and the ps3 shat the bed if they think its going to be the "console of the future". They should know better than anyone else that you've got a few years with your system, then it's time to move on.

By the time they actually release any games that they've SAID they were going to release like Gran Turismo and Metal Gear, we'll be on to the xbox 720 and PS will be playing catch up yet again.

Its funny actually how the tide turned. It used to be people bought ps2's for the games, but now its TOTALLY the opposite of that. Not to make this a console war thread, just saying. Im sure theres a console wars thread in here if we look lol...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #92
.Papageorgio.

You may be right. I'm certainly not a Sony fanboy. I will most definitely concede that the 360, as of right now, is a superior console. The infrastructure is setup and works. (Can't say that for the PS3)

I just think there is a lot still to be seen from the PS3 ... considering the whole HD-DVD / Blu-ray thing, and just the system itself. See, I think that the next Xbox will be on par with the PS3 system. But I don't think it will be "better".

But, as of right now, the PS3 does not have their crap together. And it is frustrating. But that is the bed that I chose, and I will sleep in it.

.Papageorgio. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #93
Smizz

I have to say I've been comming to this site for a very long time since SOCOM 1 and I'm glad you guys have made a move to a game that you all enjoy... I have a question though... If Sony asked to make a stratagy guide for the new SOCOM comming out later this year would you do it??? I have a PS3 and I would agree with you on the number games between 360 and ps3... Personally I bought the ps3 for SOCOM and have waited this long... Kinda makes me sad that sony apperanly doen't care about their customers...
Also I am currently beta testing PLAYSTATION HOME and all I can say is wow what a pile of crap. Whenever it does finally come out I hope it's free... Anyways I was wondering if any of you in SS do have a PS3 if so send me an invite.

Smizz
psn=Smizz999

P.S. I really do appreciate all the things you did for SOCOM through the years. It helped my clan in wars with the tactical white board.
Smizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #94
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Hey bud, glad we have been able to help you out. As far as Sony coming to us for the guide, it doesnt really work like that. The strat guide companies, Brady, Piggyback, Prima etc all bid on contracts with the publishers. So for instance, Brady will tell Sony, look, we'll give you 2 million for these 8 games and we get to keep the proceeds from the sales of the guides. Thats usually how it goes down. As for our involvement, the guide companies know what we can do and know our genre and come to us with options. We chose COD4 over Unreal Tournament (good choice!) But it will depend on which company does the guide. If its Brady, we'll probly be asked to do it, if it's Piggyback, we'd probly be asked to do it. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks again for the compliments and welcome.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #95
[SS]TuefelHunden
Semper Fratres, Semper Fi

Hey Smizz, as Rator noted, thanks for the kind words. To answer your question though, yes a few of us do have a PS3. My SN is TuefelHunden so feel free to add me. Perhaps we can hook up in Confrontation once it drops sometime. Thanks for dropping by.

[SS]TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote