Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 26: COD Black Ops App

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 26: COD Black Ops App

We had been asking Brady Games to create a companion app for the games we work on since I think MW2. Finally they agreed for Black Ops, but just ended up doing what they called a map app.

Here's the link to download it from the iTunes store, it costs $2.99...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cod-...415883449?mt=8

I think we created a bunch of DLC map illustrations specifically for this app that did not appear in the guide itself. Damnit, that means I have to adjust our total map illustrations number, shit, forgot about these!

Brady also used our custom classes, equipment suggestions, etc from our work on the printed guide, but we also created new "intel" locations on all the new DLC maps they added to it. There are several areas on the maps now with good descriptions of what goes on there, or what you can do there, and its advantages or disadvantages. The app is actually really cool.

We also added things like terrain descriptions, key features of each map, the size and if the map is a run and gun type or snipefest. Additionally, you can click on an icon such as a window or a ladder and they will all be highlighted on the map.

Of course the app supports pinch zooming and what not. I haven't gotten to see it work on an iPad or tablet yet, but it looks sweet on a phone so I can only imagine.

So there ya go, our first and only iPhone app. Cool! I also do not know of another clan that has their name on an app. First!

And our recruit sig of the day is...

Browneye made it. Twice. Then retired lol.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017   #2
RIPCLAW

Always a good feeling for being the first hahaha.

Great!

C64 is where it all started!
RIPCLAW is offline   Reply With Quote