Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 16: Tournaments

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 16: Tournaments

October 16th is upon us which reminded us that we've run 16 intra-clan tournaments to date.

From time to time we hold intra-clan tournaments. These are specialized, one-off events where we compete against each other for bragging rights and fun. Sometimes they take a couple of days or even a couple of weeks to complete, but most are one-night events. Sometimes we hold team based tourneys but sometimes they're individually based games.

Our very first tournament was the Wingman tourney. Guess how that one worked lol. With several teams of 2 vs each other, we played an elimination style set of matches to determine a winning team. We kind of alternated from there and went to our next tourney called Survivor. This was a sort of "hide and go seek" kind of tournament where the survivor would get a certain amount of time to hide from the group. Once that time was up, the dogs were let out to hunt the survivor. The longer the survivor stayed hidden and alive, the more points they got.

From the Gauntlet and Tri-gun tourneys to the Heist and Kill Phil, intra-clan tournaments can really bring a great sense of camaraderie to your team and we highly recommend trying your own. Here are all of the trophies and corresponding ribbons for all of the tourneys we've held so far. (please note all imagery is copyrighted and cannot be used by any other parties)

We randomly generate the teams for our tourneys and sometimes give out prizes, but mostly these are for fun, someplace to get away from the regular competition and pubbing matches. We know some teams that ONLY run intra-clan tourneys, but we like to keep a good mix of those, league matches and pubbing as well to keep things fresh.

They're easy enough to set up and tons of fun for your members. It'll give you another way to reward your teammates for good play while creating a great team dynamic and helps build bonds within their individual teams.

We usually hold these in between seasons so we are due for one now, keep an eye out for new ribbons on our sigs!

And our recruit sig of the day is...

SS didn't make it into the SS.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017   #2
RIPCLAW

These designs inspired me as well, I remember when I saw it for the first time. My creative juices started to flow again and again to push my own design creativity to a higher level.

thanks for that. I really mean it!

C64 is where it all started!
RIPCLAW is offline   Reply With Quote