Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 25: MW3 Logo & Credit

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 25: MW3 Logo & Credit

For COD Modern Warfare 3, we were asked by Infinity Ward to help them refine their game before release. We knew we would be out there to work on the guide part of the project, but made plans to incorporate some consulting time into our trip.

We had initially set up a meeting with producers to walk through what we had written up, but due to crazy schedules and weekend work, we weren't able to do the meeting. We were still able to deliver our document which contained Pros, Cons and a Wishlist of sorts for the team to review.

While we didn't get a chance to brainstorm and have our official meeting, Infinity Ward was thankful enough for our input to thank us in the credits of the game!

This was something unprecedented for us. We always help developers when we're working on guides. We always find things wrong with the game or present changes we think would improve it etc, but never had we been asked to provide feedback in a meeting/documentation sort of way.

After playing for days on end, mapping, researching, writing etc, we stumbled upon our logo in the game AGAIN as an unlockable emblem. We asked them about it and they said they had meant to ask us if it was ok to keep in there. We said, um yeah! So again, the Sea Snipers logo appears as an unlockable emblem in one of the biggest titles in history. It is still the "I'm Rich" challenge, get 25 payback kills with C4.

I don't know how many times I said "FUCK YEAH!" but getting that credit in the GAME itself was probably more meaningful to me than any guide credits we'd gotten in the past.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

Beansy made it, but then had to retire.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #2
DatGuy

Suggestion 1: We suck at shooting, is there anyway you could increase the auto-aim and put in more AI kills so we don't really have to do much?

Answer: DAMN RIGHT!, we hate it when players need skill to play our game

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #3
[SS]Rator

We tried to get them to permaban you DG, but they said you still give them money for their games so...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 10-25-2012   #4
DatGuy

you should have pushed them harder for that ban

Old 10-25-2012   #5
[SS]Rator

nah its cool, i know a guy that can ban him from these forums at least.

Old 10-25-2012   #6
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
nah its cool, i know a guy that can ban him from these forums at least.

you know no one, I doubt your connections.