Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 4: Call of Duty 4

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 4: Call of Duty 4

COD 4 marked the dawn of a new multiplayer shooter. We had never seen anything like this before. Super tight, great engine, great graphics, great gameplay, a variety of modes, perks, killstreaks, and so much more.

We moved to the game in the end of June '08 and have competed in every COD since, including going BACK to COD 4 after a tour in World at War.

The Call of Duty series has become our new SOCOM, which we had played 4 iterations of prior. While the two have vast differences between them, they both offer incredible competition for clans and great gameplay.

COD 4 also marks our first trip our to a developer's studio, and the first time we met the guys at Infinity Ward. You can read more about our trip here http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14041 and view pics here http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14050

We had no idea what to expect on our first gig and of course we were nervous. We knew what to do since we had written 2 guides before that (SOCOM 3 and SOCOM Combined Assault) but never actually AT the studio which was a very different experience.

The ability to get immediate resolution to our questions was awesome and saved us a ton of time acquiring the info we needed, but the time crunch was still looming, we had about 3-4 weeks to complete the job, sounds like a lot of time, until you realize that 1 of those weeks was spent just collecting data.

The project netted some great feedback from the developers including quotes like...

"...i'm taking a look at the guide today. so far everyone says that you guys do such an awesome job. you even managed to get some veterans excited about the game again!" - Andrew, Project Manager

and

"It's been great having SS out here this week." - Andrew, Project Manager

After just getting back from a trip out to Activision to work on the Black Ops 2 maps, I actually bumped into Andrew. We couldn't believe we remembered each other. It was cool to reconnect with him after almost 5 years.

Here's him on the left, and [SS]Midnight on the right. (Note: The guy with the shades on "Robot" has moved on to Respawn since then)

We had a great time working on the project, meeting all of the talent at Infinity Ward, and during our tour of duty in Call of Duty 4.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

I don't think she made it either.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #2
DatGuy

I still think my recruit sig was the best

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #3
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

we'll make sure to include yours lol, but wait til you see the rest before you decide which one was the best.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #4
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

That trip was the most awesome experience I had had in years. And all the Mt. Dew I could drink!!!!! The big kicker for this trip was that it was my first face to face with my brother Sea Snipers. I will always and fondly remember Raiden telling me politely at the top of his lungs on the ride to the studio "Shut the F#$@ up!".....every morning on our way there. Good times.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote