Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2008   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

New Icons 64 Sea Snipers are Recruiting!!! (RECRUITING IS CLOSED!)

SEA SNIPERS – Elite Tactical Clan – Recruiting for Xbox 360

OVERVIEW

The Sea Snipers [SS] are a tactically-proficient, professional, highly-trained squad of elite gamers. We take gaming seriously and work to promote mature, tactical gameplay.

Born in October of 2002, we began competing in SOCOM 1 on the PS2, and have competed in SOCOM 2, SOCOM 3, SOCOM Combined Assault, Rainbow 6 Vegas 1, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, COD4 and are currently competing in Call of Duty World at War on the 360 and COD4.

PROFESSIONAL PROJECTS

We have become known for our structure, discipline, professionalism and organization as well as for work on various strategy guides. Piggyback Interactive hired us to author and illustrate the multiplayer section of the Official SOCOM 3 strategy guide. After seeing our work on the SOCOM 3 guide, Brady Games hired us to author and illustrate the Official SOCOM Combined Assault, Call of Duty 4, and Call of Duty: World at War strategy guides. You many have seen our SEA SNIPER TIPS throughout the COD guides.

You can find more on the COD4/COD: W@W guides, including details on our trip to Infinity Ward, here http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8957

BROTHERHOOD

The Sea Snipers promote a tight-knit sense of brotherhood amongst the members. We work to help each other excel in real-life as well as in the gaming arena. Most of our members are long-standing brothers with 5+ years in. This is the last clan they’ll ever join. Hence our motto – SEMPER FRATRES – Always Brothers

Our members have an average age of about 30 and many of us are active or ex-military. Every year, we get together for multiple events, including our annual conference/party – SniperCon. Highlights of past SniperCons are shown on our website, and activities have included guided tours of Navy ships, full access to F-22’s and Navy hovercraft, full-auto test sessions with a variety of hardware, and most recently firing .50 caliber Barrett sniper rifles and other various assault rifles.

MEMBER RECOGNITION

The Sea Snipers use a ranking system for our members similar to the Navy. You start out as a Recruit and must work your way up the ranks. We have a promotion/demotion system in place that lets you control your own destiny working your way up the ranks.

In addition, we have a large number of medals that can be awarded for valor on the battlefield and showcased in your signature. This commendation systems allows teammates to bestow awards on each other. You can find a full list of medals and ranks under the ‘AWARDS’ button at www.seasnipers.net We also offer Service Posters (and many other products) that can be viewed in the SS store located at http://www.cafepress.com/seasnipersstore

CODE OF CONDUCT

We have always recruited the man and not the skills. We have built a reputation unheard of among video game clans. Thus, we expect our members to behave in a manner consistent with the Sea Sniper flag they carry. This means no cheating, glitching, or unsportsmanlike conduct. We treat our opponents with respect, in hopes to receive the same in return.

FORUMS / COMMS

We host a very active forum at www.seasnipers.net/forums with thousands of members and thousands of posts. This provides a way for all active members and recruits to have daily contact. In addition, we have an entire private section for members with everything from Breaking News to Tactical Planning, an entire War Room where we create and sign up for matches, practices and tournaments, and we also stay in close communication via AIM, email, and telephone.

S.E.A.L. LEAGUE

We run our own underground league called S.E.A.L. (Sea Snipers Evade & Assault League) since Socom 2, and we're going on our 14th season. The league is played with rules that make COD a squad-based, non-respawn tactical shooter, rather than the run-and-gun style of play that you find in most public rooms. See more (including a cool flash intro) at www.seasnipers.net/seal

NOW RECRUITING – DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?

We are currently looking for a few good men to compete in COD W@W/COD4 on the Xbox 360.

You must meet the following requirements to be considered for a tryout:

• Must be 21 or older.
• Must be able to attend Sunday (from 10:30pm est till 12:30), Monday (matches), Wednesday (from 10:30pm est till 12:30) and Thursday (matches) night events. (mon and thurs are matches and usually only last about 1hr.)
• Must be able to deal with our "Virtual Boot Camp" for roughly 1 month. Our recruit process is as intense as we can make it. Only the truly dedicated will make it through.
• Must be willing to change your XBL name during the recruitment process. (you can change it back to whatever you like if recruited)
• Must have a router.
• Must have AIM.
• Must not be in any other clan during recruitment, and cannot be in any other clan if recruited.

WHAT DO YOU GET IF YOU MAKE IT IN?

• Your official [SS] tags and sig template.
• A promotion to Ensign.
• You own bio and pic on the main website.
• Access to our private SS & S.E.A.L. forums.
• Access to our private War Room with match and stat tracking.
• Ability to climb the ranks from Ensign to Admiral, and take on important clan-based positions.
• Ability to work on professional projects such as strategy guides.
• Privileges such as acquiring medals and commendations and other awards, as well as the ability to vote for your fellow members for commendations.
• Your first year of dues will also be waived if you make it through the recruitment process.
• Access to a unique brotherhood of members with the ability to help you not just in-game but in real life as well.

If you want to be part of one of the most established, professional, top-tier clans in all of gaming, please enlist today by completing the following form and sending it in an email to rator@seasnipers.net the clan leader, and shooter@seasnipers.net our CO of Recruit Training.

• How old are you?

• Male or Female?

• Do you have a router that will allow you to be on AIM and COD4 at the same time? AIM is a vital part of our communication pipeline, we use it for pre-practice and pre-war briefings as well as for getting subs in for anyone that might have gotten booted etc. AIM is NEVER used to cheat EVER.

• Can you make mandatory practices every Sunday night at 10:30pm est till 12:30?

• Can you make non-mandatory practices every Wednesday night at 10:30pm est till 12:30?

• Can you attend Monday and Thursday night matches starting at 10:30pm est as well?

• Can you be an active member on the forums, reading/posting preferably daily?

• Can you deal with the hazing? We really give it to our recruits. It's like a Virtual Boot Camp. The hazing lasts for about a month.

• Please tell us how you found us and why you requested to join.

• Please give us a little personal info about yourself. Married, what do you do for a living, kids, military experience, etc.

• You may also not be in any other clan than the SS.

Thank you.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #2
[SS]Rator

It takes a lot of time and effort for us to bring in a recruit, so please make sure you have the time and dedication to enlist. These people did not, and rang the bell...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssbell_09.jpg (185.1 KB, 790 views)

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 10-15-2009   #3
darksrevenge31

I thought about joining up, but I have to work on my gaming a little longer.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/darksrevenge31][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/community
darksrevenge31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #4
Surreptitious

Stupid OEF, catch yah next year
Surreptitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #5
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

What is OEF?

And welcome to the forums Surreptitious.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #6
Surreptitious

Operation Enduring Freedom and thanks for the welcome.
Old 05-09-2009   #7
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreptitious View Post
Operation Enduring Freedom and thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the boards. So what do you do in Afghanistan? What's your job there? Take care over there...

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009   #8
Bassani

Surreptitious, youve been around before right? Think you were in a clan with Hoopdaddy before he joined the SS? Anyway, stay safe and if you are new here, welcome. If youre old here, welcome back =)
Old 05-10-2009   #9
Surreptitious

Yeah bro you know me we talked a lot in S3 then when it switched we got lost. My account as you can see is from 2004. I was in AES Army Elite Seals and BuS... As for what I do in Afghanistan, I'm not there yet. I'm in pre-mob process in Indiana but when I get over there I'm going to be a mail clerk! Hooah for the mail
Old 05-10-2009   #10
Bassani

Yeah, I thought that was where I remembered you from but wasn't 100% sure. Anyway, good luck with everything and maybe see you online at some point, you do know we are on the 360 though, right?
Old 05-17-2009   #11
[SS]Rator

Welcome and good luck!

Old 05-18-2009   #12
Surreptitious

Yes I know you're on 360 everyone in the army seems to have Xbox too. I was playing call of duty a lot with them. Anyways I'll be around the forums when I can and I'll see what you're doing a year from now.
Old 07-08-2009   #13
[SSr]PhilYurcracken

Wow it seems like this is a very cool clan, too bad you are not recruiting for PS3 otherwise I would be more than interested.
[SSr]PhilYurcracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #14
DatGuy

hey Supreme, what games do you play on PS3? I got me one of them as well

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009   #15
Bassani

You could always get a 360 too =)