Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2010   #1
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

NHL 11 - Madden 11

I'm a pretty casual player of both games - rarely online with either one of them. Just wondering if anyone (DatGuy) has the NHL 11 or the Madden 11 and how they are? Any drawbacks? Improvements? ttechnical issues within the game?

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #2
DatGuy

Ill have my PS3 copy of NHL 11 today. 360 copy next week.

I have been playing it for 3 weeks now at my buddies place...you WILL NOT be disappointed

edit: should read full post before posting.

The hitting is fantastic, its the most realistic hitting you have ever seen. Broken sticks add a cool element to the play and they break about as often as real life. Overall its a great improvement over last year and feels amazing to play.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #3
AEJustin1

I've got madden 11, I love it, one of the best IMO I don't know crap about formations and all that jazz. I know the rules and how to play and this year really caters to the casual madden players, makes it easier to pick plays and what not.

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #4
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin1 View Post
I've got madden 11, I love it, one of the best IMO I don't know crap about formations and all that jazz. I know the rules and how to play and this year really caters to the casual madden players, makes it easier to pick plays and what not.
See - that I might like because I don't get as involved with it like some people do. My brother literally invests hours upon hours just getting his team together for leagues. I just want to plug in and play. Now, having said that - I feel that there should be 2 modes to the game. One that caters to people like myself who don't want to invest the time or effort into that, and to those like my brother who get really indepth with the rules and the formations and the set up and the drafting, etc.

I wish game companies would cater to both parties instead of just one or the other, pissing off either or both sides in the process. It's not difficult to do considering that for the most part and anyone that says they can't do it, I say bullshit. Developers have already gone from one extreme to the next with any game in a series.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
Old 09-07-2010   #5
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
Ill have my PS3 copy of NHL 11 today. 360 copy next week.

I have been playing it for 3 weeks now at my buddies place...you WILL NOT be disappointed

edit: should read full post before posting.

The hitting is fantastic, its the most realistic hitting you have ever seen. Broken sticks add a cool element to the play and they break about as often as real life. Overall its a great improvement over last year and feels amazing to play.
Heard that the passing was tough to get down. But it's another game I'll have to pick up I'm sure. And of course, we'll get together online when I get it and play. You're the only one I'll play against online Dat...lol

Old 09-08-2010   #6
AEJustin1

yea they have the option in madden 11 to play as either way you want to play, if you prefer to pick each play and look through the playbooks you can do that. I just leave it on the default and let the coaches pick my plays for me, unless I don't really like the play they pick and then I can audible lol.

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 01-23-2011   #7
AEJustin1

I picked up NHL 10 today lol I'm a little behind the times but not a big enough hockey fan to warrant a $40-60 purchase. Got NHL 10 for $17, seems fun so far!

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 01-24-2011   #8
DatGuy

10?

slacker, although if you want a beat down, I still have my nhl 10 disc

Old 01-24-2011   #9
Bassani

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Grifter View Post
I wish game companies would cater to both parties instead of just one or the other, pissing off either or both sides in the process. It's not difficult to do considering that for the most part and anyone that says they can't do it, I say bullshit. Developers have already gone from one extreme to the next with any game in a series.
This is what I've always said about shooters. Big maps for vehicles & small for non. Or special playlists for both. Kind of like Hardcore vs Core in CoD...
Old 01-24-2011   #10
AEJustin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
10?

slacker, although if you want a beat down, I still have my nhl 10 disc
sweet I may have to take you up on that offer soon.

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 01-24-2011   #11
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

lol Bass

Hey Grifter and DG, are any of these hockey games offering first person?

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #12
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Wally View Post
lol Bass

Hey Grifter and DG, are any of these hockey games offering first person?
not first person.

But in be a pro mode its like third person, the camera is low to the ice behind your player and you control only that one player

Old 01-24-2011   #13
AEJustin1

^^ speaking of which just started my be a pro mode, pretty f'n awesome. Looks like it might help me learn a bit more about hockey. My *juniors team won the game in a shootout which was badass, I didn't make any goals though :( lol but I ended up getting drafted #11 overall to the Nashville Predators (ugh) lol. I also have line changes off for pro mode so I can get all the playing time lol.

edit:
Think I might re-do that first game and see if I can make it to the top 10 and unlock that hockey stick with a power slot in it :)

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!

Last edited by AEJustin1 : 01-24-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2011   #14
AEJustin1

so yea I re-did the first game in the My Player mode (put it on easy as well since I'm new at it lol) Ended up getting drafted #1 overall to the Ottawa Senators, and we are currently 6-0 to start the season out, I've got 13 goals so far too, including 2 hat-trick games lol. Loving this game at the moment.

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 01-29-2011   #15
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin1 View Post
so yea I re-did the first game in the My Player mode (put it on easy as well since I'm new at it lol) Ended up getting drafted #1 overall to the Ottawa Senators, and we are currently 6-0 to start the season out, I've got 13 goals so far too, including 2 hat-trick games lol. Loving this game at the moment.
we should play a game Justin