Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

015 The Sea Snipers® 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 28: Our gift to IW

The Sea Snipers® 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 28: Our gift to IW

After our trip to Infinity Ward for MW2, and all of the awesome support we got from them for that title, we decided to send them a thank you on behalf of the Sea Snipers.

We did some research and found the real-life counterpart of the in-game combat knife. We picked one up and had it engraved for them with the following info; our logo, the Infinity Ward logo, and the text "Ad Infinitum" which means "to infinity without end" which we thought was quite a fitting piece of latin.

In addition to the IW knife, I sent all of the [SS] members that worked on the guide, an engraved knife as well. (If any of you guys have pics, post em up)

We don't always send thank yous to developers, but when we do, we send awesome. Here's a few shots of the knife with the stand we got for it, the engraving up close and its final resting place in the Infinity Ward trophy case in their lobby.

When fourzerotwo (aka Robert Bowling) got the package, he tweeted the following...

“Just opened up the coolest thing the @infinityward crew has ever been sent. A replica Modern Warfare 2 throwing knife”

and

“We just recieved this insane Tactital Knife in the mail from our friends the Sea Snipers (the crew responsible for the multiplayer strategy guide). Comes complete with the Infinity Ward logo just like on the throwing knife in-game. Simply Awesome.”

We were psyched to see it in the trophy case when we rolled up to work on MW3. Pretty awesome. Also knowing that probably most of the staff got to see it, touch it etc, pretty sweet.

We've yet to work at a studio that lends us more support than the team at Infinity Ward. Even after their little breakup when we worked on MW3. We felt that due to their help, the guide we put together for MW2 is probably our best work to date. Thanks guys.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

Dingdong didn't make it either.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote