Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-28-2007   #76
NEO-X

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite
This was someone's sig on the Socom forums.... too funny!
OMG thats hilarious!!!

And regarding RB6, GRAW2, next gen systems etc

I've been debating for the longest time what system I want to get. I dont make crazy bucks, so I realistically cant get both systems.

360 by far has LIVE which is simply awesome, and nothing has come close to it.
The battle really boils down to who's goign to have what game..

And for me being able to play my old ps2 games, along w/ the new socom, and of course my most favorite game MGS.. I'll probably be going with a ps3. But rainbow6 vegas, is so badass that it has not only made me enjoy FPS, but also it really makes me want to stop caring about socom, which is saying alot.

Last edited by NEO-X : 05-28-2007 at 03:17 PM.
NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #77
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Quote:
Originally posted by NEO-X
360 by far has LIVE which is simply awesome, and nothing has come close to it.
The battle really boils down to who's goign to have what game..
I read that the PS3 sales are so slow that many developers aren't going to be taking their games multiplatform, making them basically 360 Exclusive.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #78
the Godfather
Ensign

Although I have been on Live for well over 5 years now , I wasn't really ever a big fan of the xbox console. I was more of a hater on the console because the original x box had 2 good series of games in my opinion that were exclusively theirs.... Ghost Recon 2 and Summit Strike Series .... and the HALO Series. I did appreciate the first RB6 done for the original console but they dropped the ball on that series on a whole to be frank.

I played mostly SOCOM with everyone for a good 3 years.....I was there for the launch of SOCOM 1 publicly and I was there for every fun day of SOCOM 2. I lived with the glitching and cheating and modfications of the game because I enjoyed it so much ....but it started to wear down when the cheaters took the game over and the non-cheating clans were almost the minority.

So.....SOCOM 3 came out.

And it sucked.

Bad.

I beta tested it and I honestly can say I hated it from the very first moment I played it. All the problems in the beta were reported but somehow almost all of them followed into the game at launch. MIA Philly can testify....I truly detested that game from day one and told him it would be the downfall of a great series on ps2.

So 360 launched shortly after. The games were all pretty tacky except for 1.....Call of Duty 2. God I LOVED that game....the hardest single player mode ever on difficult. I played that game for months, they launched GRAW and I was sold. Live has the superior set up for online gamers and has got people good with the acheivement points thing as well. Market place is awesome and the community is growing by the day.

Glad to see the sea snipers here on Live and look forward to anyone else who is jumping over.

the Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #79
DatGuy

godfather you crazy bugger...I sent you a friends invite on live today

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #80
the Godfather
Ensign

Yeah I got your request and accepted it already. I'm glad to see your on live as well... Its great seeing all the good gamers making the jump.

the Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #81
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Yea boy! Welcome to Vegas!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #82
[SSr]LouSaynis

Question: I don't think it will, but would the 360 Vegas be able to play against the PC RB6 Vegas online?
Old 05-28-2007   #83
Danglin
Ensign

Whats up SS, I don't know if you remember me , but it's Danglin formally of , and retired from CTU, I have been out of the Socom loop for awhile now and was thinking of getting back in, but now I that I see SS is moving to a new system and game I may just make the jump to 360 . I already have a PS3 and was thinking of buying a 360( just because of the lack of good games on the PS3). I just wanted to let you guys know that you where always a class act on Socom and I am sure that the 360 community is going to be 100% better with you guys around. Hope I can join a game or 100 with you guys on LIVE when I get my 360.
Danglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #84
[SS]Rator

Yes we remember you D. Thanks for the props and we'll look for you on Live. OD, no crossplatform yet.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 05-30-2007   #85
YouMayLose
Ensign

Aww damn I guess I gotta go buy a 360...seeing as I havent really played much Socom lol actually I been on ebay these days I got an FC Twin system and a bunch of old NES and SNES games..man nothing like throwing in some retro Punchout or Mario World every now and again lol... The new Socom sucks plain and simple..and i've been debating on rather I should shoot for a 360 or PS3...and well with prices the 360 is looking mighty sexy haha.
YouMayLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #86
[SS]Rator

I was a microsoft HATER. I use macs primarily and hated xbox. I just cant deny the goodness...

Old 05-30-2007   #87
[SSr]LouSaynis

Well, Wii and PS3 are better systems, but 360 has the coolest games; primarily the reason that I will be getting a 360
Old 05-30-2007   #88
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Originally posted by OVERDRIVE4825
Well, Wii and PS3 are better systems, but 360 has the coolest games; primarily the reason that I will be getting a 360
What's better? A Ferrari with no engine or wheels, or a corvette with the sweetest engine you ever saw and mag wheels?

What would you rather have?

for me it is the corvette. I will think about buying the ferrari when they get an engine and some wheels on it. Then I got to worry about the price....so spensive!

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #89
[SS]Rator

A system is worthless without a purpose. Video game systems' purposes are to play video games. If there are no games for a system, the system is worthless.

PS3 may be a better "system" but the more we watch the news, the more we see exclusive games like GTA and MGS moving to the 360. Its cheaper, better online service and a great selection of games.

I remember saying the same thing about the original xbox vs the ps2. The xbox was a better system but had shit for games, remember?! Now it seems the tables have turned.

I am not a fanboy, i will play whatever i want to play, on whatever system it's on. I will not discriminate. Its silly. Dont be a fanboy. Death to fanboyism.

Old 04-25-2008   #90
.Papageorgio.

Now come on guys, I don't think you guys are giving the PS3 a fair shot here. Let's not forget that the 360 has a year jump-start on the PS3. I just don't think the PS3's time has arrived yet. When the 360 starts showing its age, I think that will be the time for the PS3 to shine.

Sony has invested in the future with the PS3 "system", and I think it will pay off for them.

I could be completely wrong though. :-)

.Papageorgio. is offline   Reply With Quote