Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2011   #1
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Mad Catz MLG Pro Controller...

Here’s what I’ve asked Santa to bring me....

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011   #2
[SS]TeeToe
Human Tripod

Someone needs to come up with something like that that you can then program to have any button be re-mapped. If I want my X button to be my weapon swap instead of my Y button, let me re-map its function. That I'd pay $100 for.

Tyler

[SS]TeeToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012   #3
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Well, it looks like they are finally out!

"Mad Catz Offically Licensed Major League Gaming Pro Circuit MLG Controller for Xbox 360"
Estimated arrival date: January 23, 2012 - January 30, 2012

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 01-05-2012   #4
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

I agree Tito, someone should call us

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #5
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I’ll post up my thoughts on what I think...

Old 01-16-2012   #6
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

First and foremost, I’m going to apologize. I thought that the controller was designed to be both a PS3 and XBOX controller. I was VERY wrong on that. There’s a controller for each. Okay my thoughts.

Goods
-- There are two types of thumb sticks and two types of D-pads. If you like your D-pad to be one complete cross, you can have that or have them as four separate pieces. The thumb sticks are either smooth tops or concaved with more of a grip.
-- You can change the layout of your stick placement. If you want your D-pad up top, you can have it up top out of the way, or in it’s normal place toward the bottom.
-- Weights in the bottom. At first I thought the controller was heavy. Turns out you have two weights in the bottom. You can remove them and make the controller lighter or just add on weight. Very customizable.
-- No batteries needed. This is both a plus and a minus. It’s great that you don’t need batteries, but a minus as you’re tethered to your console via a cable.
-- Quicker reaction. I’m sure it’s a nano-second. But it seems to react quicker. This could be purely an illusion as I believe that not having my controller send a signal every time is faster when using a cable…I could be WAY off on that one.
-- Two different styles. You can use the glossy plates or the flat black ones. I’m sure they’ll come out with multi-color ones in time.
-- Two year warranty.

Others (or bads)
-- As I said above, the cable for me is a bit bad. I don’t mind it, but others might hate it. It’s a four-foot cable that can unplug at either the console or unscrewed from the controller itself.
-- Inability to connect my Bluetooth puck. I have the Turtle Beach Delta headsets. They use a wireless connector to go completely wireless. Unable to connect that puck because the two slots on either side of the headset connector are not there. (used for power)
-- The select and Start button are up to high. This makes it difficult for games like BF3 and other games.
-- Price. At $100 it’s a bit pricey.

I can only hope that in the future I’ll be able to replace the sticks if they wear out. That would make the initial payout worth it. Over all I’d give it 4 out of 5 stars. Let’s hope I can get more kills at least….

Old 02-02-2012   #7
[SSr]PhilYurcracken

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
First and foremost, I’m going to apologize. I thought that the controller was designed to be both a PS3 and XBOX controller. I was VERY wrong on that. There’s a controller for each. Okay my thoughts.

….
Good thing that you said this because I was thinking on getting one of this controllers thinking that it was designed to be work with both consoles.

Got a crack? I can fill it.

[SSr]PhilYurcracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #8
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPREME_HOMICIDE View Post
Good thing that you said this because I was thinking on getting one of this controllers thinking that it was designed to be work with both consoles.
Yep....I thought it was for both as well. But if/when you go to order you have to choose PS3 or XBOX which was my first indication....duh?!

But overall, I’m pretty pleased with the change ability of the control sticks and feel.

Old 02-02-2012   #9
Tagger

In your defense, the first video in this thread starts off with a guy saying the controller can mimic either a 360 or a PS3 controller layout. That could be easily misunderstood.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #10
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
Yep....I thought it was for both as well. But if/when you go to order you have to choose PS3 or XBOX which was my first indication....duh?!

But overall, I’m pretty pleased with the change ability of the control sticks and feel.
Sorry I haven't read up, but that would make sense to me because I doubt the PS3 and XBOX 360 use the same wireless signals etc.. You would need to know which console your going to use it on, but then you can swap sticks and dpad to make them mimic either correct?

Old 02-02-2012   #11
[SS]TeeToe
Human Tripod

I'd probably get one for my PS3 so I could set it up like my most used controller- my Xbox one. That way if I play Socom or some other PS3 game, I won't be in a bad habit when I get back on my regular console/controller.

[SS]TeeToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #12
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Wally View Post
Sorry I haven't read up, but that would make sense to me because I doubt the PS3 and XBOX 360 use the same wireless signals etc.. You would need to know which console your going to use it on, but then you can swap sticks and dpad to make them mimic either correct?
They're not wireless, they’re wired. But you’re right. It seemed like you could remove one pad and replace it with the appropriate one. Perhaps in the future you’ll be able to change out the buttons and pads for different styles. Perhaps someone in some deep dark sweat-shop is hammering one out?

Last edited by [SS]Chief : 02-03-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2012   #13
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

ROFL