Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-17-2011   #136
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani View Post
I pay my $ for the game, I'll camp & pitch my tent if I want to... =)
thats all fine and dandy bass, but what they are saying is the maps in MW2 were too camper friendly and the gameplay slowed right down because of it. So they want to make the game fast again, bring back the excitement that was lost in MW2.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011   #137
[SS]TuefelHunden
Semper Fratres, Semper Fi

So, I thought I had signed up for the Elite beta already, but I guess I didn't complete the process so I went back again today. Anyway, it was extremely laggy when I first attempted it, so that was probably the problem (too many pre-teens signing on at once I imagine). Watching the Karl video...

it appears as though there will be a ton of stats to track. Should be a good thing, if the price is right that is.

[SS]TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011   #138
DatGuy

you know what else tracks stats? bungie.net, killzone.com, battlefields new service, socom.com

there is one difference, all the other ones are free.

Old 07-17-2011   #139
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
they want to make the game fast again
thought that was funny lol. its the fastest possible game you can play ffs. you need like 3-5 seconds before you can snipe someone in cod.

and yes as for stats, dont charge me for stats, silly.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011   #140
[SSr]LouSaynis

I die every 2-3 seconds on MW2/ BLOPS and they want to make it FASTER?
Old 07-17-2011   #141
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
thought that was funny lol. its the fastest possible game you can play ffs. you need like 3-5 seconds before you can snipe someone in cod.

and yes as for stats, dont charge me for stats, silly.
I found MW2 quite slow and boring. But COD4 is still the bees knees

Old 07-17-2011   #142
[SS]Sabotage
Eyes In The Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
I found MW2 quite slow and boring. But COD4 is still the bees knees
QFT I just re-installed it.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
[SS]Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #143
Bassani

I believe the stats part of it is included in the free version, no one really seems to know what is included in the "premium" membership
Old 07-19-2011   #144
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Turtle Beach has some nice cans. This is good news for Call of Duty fans, since the company has announced plans to release a limited edition line of Ear Force headsets that have been specially optimized to play nice with Modern Warfare 3.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...#ixzz1SZcf0HRP

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #145
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I guess for me, I've been watching this story as I was curious as to the outcome. Here's an update.

Quote:
There’s been quite a lot of controversy over the non-affiliated ModernWarfare3.com, resulting in Activision filing a complaint against the website. The site first came to notoriety by re-directing Modern Warfare 3 fans to the Battlefield 3 website, and by issuing a rather comical video (shown below) to poke fun at Activision’s upcoming game release. Yet while being sent to Battlefield 3’s home turf may seem ultimately harmless, it’s resulted in a domain-name dispute, and as such things are about to get a little heavy.

Owner of the URL – a Mr. Anthony Abraham – has held the aforementioned registry for nearly three years, through its registrant is GoDaddy.com. Up until now, Abraham’s name and identity had been held in secret, courtesy of GoDaddy’s “Domain by Proxy” hiding service.
However, when things started going south for Abraham, and Activision filed the suit with the National Arbitration Forum claiming that the site owner violated the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, GoDaddy released the information and washed their hands of the situation.

What this ultimately means is that Activision now can talk to Abraham directly (along with Activision’s lawyers) and the matter can be settled quickly and quietly: no more slanderous videos with their URL likeness, and no more unwanted redirection to the competition. Currently, the ModernWarfare3.com website loads with an error, as opposed to the weekend’s shenanigans. As of yet, neither Activision nor Abraham have made any comment on what has occurred, or the potential UDRP dispute.

Ultimately, it’s a sticky situation for Activision when they find that a third-party is handling their likeness in such a manner. When it’s broken down, slanderous comments or video (even if meant to be in good fun) can take away from months and years worth of hard work (and potential sales). Playing Devil’s Advocate, Activision is doing what they feel is required to protect the integrity of their IP, while also defending their name; the same as anyone else would do for their family or loved one.

More than likely, the end result will be that Abraham will revoke his rights to the domain registry and be given a very “stern talkin’ too” on the dangers of slander, and that will be that. But it will be a story to tell.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #146
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Thanks for the update Chief. I was rather curious how they would filet him. Not sure what he expected but this outcome is not too surprising.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #147
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

I wouldn't consider anything he did slanderous. Did I miss something?

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #148
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

I think so. lol

He made a site called modernwarfare3.com and it redirected to the battlefield 3 site.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #149
S10Draven
bitch

what i heard was that it was a fan site at first with videos and stuff but activison got pissed and made him take the stuff down he got pissed back and redirected it to that battlefield site.
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011   #150
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

If he is paying for a site and service he can redirect to a black hole if he wishes. If he is not directly saying anything to intentionally hurt the business by lying, I don't think it would be slander.

He did it expecting a payoff someday. I am sure he got one, it was probably take this money or we are going to sue you and you will goto jail.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote