FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2017   #1
[SS]Skinman
Hulk Smash Tiny XBox!

RIP

Chris Cornell Dies at 52

Published May 18, 2017 Fox News
Fox411: Audioslave, Soundgarden rocker dead at 52

Singer Chris Cornell, the lead vocalist for the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave, died Wednesday night in Detroit, his representative said. He was 52.

A medical examiner has determined Cornell killed himself by hanging in a room at the MGM Grand hotel in following a concert.

A full autopsy report was not yet completed Thursday afternoon.

Two Detroit newspapers had earlier cited a police spokesman Cornell was found with "a band around his neck."

A different Detroit Police spokesman, Michael Woody, told The Associated Press Thursday that he could not confirm that Cornell died with a band around his neck. He did confirm Cornell's wife called a family friend and asked him to check on Cornell. Woody says the friend forced open a hotel room door and found Cornell on the bathroom floor.

The singer's rep, Brian Bumbery, told Fox News that Cornell’s death was “sudden and unexpected” and said his wife and family are shocked.

Holy crip it's a crapple!

Last edited by [SS]Skinman : 05-19-2017 at 07:43 PM.
[SS]Skinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

overlooked legend. shame.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017   #3
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

And RIP to the USA's best motorcycle racer as well....

Nicky Hayden dies from injuries suffered in bicycle crash

CESENA, Italy -- Former MotoGP world champion Nicky Hayden died in hospital on Monday, five days after he was hit by a car while training on his bicycle. Hayden was 35.

Maurizio Bufalini Hospital in Cesena, where Hayden had been since the collision last Wednesday, made the announcement. Hayden had severe cerebral damage and multiple traumatic injuries.

"The medical team has verified the death of the patient Nicholas Patrick Hayden, who has been undergoing care since last Wednesday May 17 in the intensive care unit of the Bufalini Hospital in Cesena following a very serious polytrauma which occurred the same day," the hospital statement said.

American motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden, who won the MotoGP title in 2006, died five days after being hit by a car while training on his bicycle in Italy. He was 35. Mirco Lazzari gp/Getty Images
Hayden was training on the Rimini coast following a motorcycle race at nearby Imola. The Peugeot that hit Hayden had its windshield smashed.

Judicial authorities have opened an investigation into the crash and questioned the 30-year-old driver of the Peugeot. According to The Guardian, the driver was given a Breathalyzer test and was not over the limit.

Hayden won the MotoGP title in 2006, finishing narrowly ahead of Italian great Valentino Rossi.

In a MotoGP career spanning 2003 to '16 with Honda and Ducati, Hayden posted three victories and 28 podium finishes in 218 races.

After switching to the World Superbike championship last year, Hayden finished fifth overall. Hayden was 13th in Superbike this season, riding for the Red Bull Honda team.

http://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/i...-bicycle-crash

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote