Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 21: Maps

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 21: Maps

Ok so you all know that maps are how we kinda got started. I've got a couple of numbers for you, they're kinda scary, I almost want to make this a trivia question, but Anyone got any idea how many maps we did for the different series' over the years? Both free and in guides? Anyone? Ok, I'm going to give you a total, then I'm going to break it down...

In total between myself and the Sea Snipers, we have produced 473 video game maps. Ok wow.

The Sea Snipers as a team have done 362 of those. I've done 111 myself for other titles.

As you know we can't post any maps online anymore if they're in a guide, but some of the ones we can show you are also on our downloads page.

Wow ok, so let's try to break it down...

Maps SS have worked on:

Socom 1 & 2: 27 Multiplayer maps
Socom 3: 15 Singleplayer maps / 12 MP maps
Socom Combined Assault: 18 SP / 63 mp (reason was each mode created a different outline and layout for each map)
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2: 8 MP maps
COD 4: 16 MP maps
COD World at War: 13 MP maps
COD MW2: 40 SP and COOP maps / 16 MP maps
COD Black Ops: 42 SP and Zombies / 14 MP maps
COD MW3: 34 SP / 16 COOP / 16 MP maps
Halo CEA: 12 MP maps

Maps Rator did solo:

Tomb Raider Legend: 9 SP maps
Enemy Territory Quake Wars: 13 SP maps
Gears of War 2: 29 SP and 10 MP maps
Gears of War 3: 40 SP and 10 MP maps

I know you all know that I do the illustrations for these maps, I do, but when I say the Sea Snipers did the map, that is accurate. There is so much information that needs to be acquired before I can even take my sketches into a digital format. The guys gather intel like spawn points, objective locations, vehicle locations, etc. The stacks of paper I get for all maps for each project is like bible thick.

I honestly can say that I would not have been able to do my job if the SS didn't do theirs. Thanks boys!

Here's to 473 more maps!

And our recruit sig of the day is...

Amanda, one that we wish DID stick it out, but didn't.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote