Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2010   #1
sw1tt3rs

common complaints

i briefly scanned the forums looking for this....what's your favorite complaints heard while playing, or after a match? here's a couple of mine, in no particular order. f#*king campers. noobtubing @$$holes. you're gay. my responses to these, usually made in my head, are: yeah, i'm a camper. yeah, i'm using a weapon provided by the game. yeah, i might be gay but so are you. in all sriousness though, i really try to make the effort to not complain about the things that i know are going to happen, or are parts of the game. that attitude is one of the things i'm hoping to find in a clan/brotherhood. i mean really, i play with guys who complain and complain everytime they die. it's sort of like this. "that's bs! he shot me first, or shot me with a weapon, or his claymore exploded and i died, that's bs" if you know going into the match that you are going to get killed, it is after all an fps, why waste time and commspace crying about it? if you hate the game, which i've heard a lot recently, why play? i proposed on the infinity ward forums a new patch for the kumbaya game mode. everyone gathers in the middle of the map, holds hands and sings songs. that way noone has to die, or be killed by some camping, noobtuber, f@g. i'm waiting to hear back from the guys at IW about that.

good, bad, i'm the guy with the gun-ash, army of darkness
sw1tt3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #2
Tagger

That pretty much sums it up for me too. But, anymore I just mute everyone in the lobby so I don't have to hear them whine about my camping or my noob-tubing.
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #3
sw1tt3rs

thx for responding tagger, and roll tide! i guess my thread here is more an underhanded way to poke fun at some of the guys i play with, but yeah, i am a fan of the mute function. it never ceases to amaze me how upset adults can get over a game. and i'm purposefully picking on the adult gamers, as an ageist i'd like to somehow work in an age check for online games, maybe sequester the younger crowd to their own "lord of the flies" server so i don't have to hear them.

Old 01-16-2010   #4
[SSr]LouSaynis

"It's not camping, it's strategic position-holding!"
Old 01-16-2010   #5
sw1tt3rs

oh, whatever you want to call it, it's camping. i'm the guy in a corner behind a claymore, armed with a noobtube. a regular eaglescout i camp so much.

Old 01-16-2010   #6
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

I love camping....Hell, I'm pitching a tent right now just thinking about it......

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010   #7
sw1tt3rs

it's not so much that i love camping, it's that i hate running around and dying lol, and ewww grifter's pitching a tent

Old 01-17-2010   #8
Sabotage

rant start:
I HATE campers, I never ever ever camp and I do it on purpose for the same reason I don't use noob toobs, last stand, or duel shotties because those are all things I hate. But for some reason I can still get the most kills on a server with the best k/d ratio for about 75% of the time..... hmmm makes you ponder doesn't it. I hate how people who camp think they're good, I'm not saying I'm the best but I think that the fact I can run around and kill more people than the campers makes me better then all those other douchebags!
/rant

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #9
DatGuy

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #10
Sabotage

MY ASSSSS!!!!!

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #11
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I guess in my own defense and this feels like a 12 step program:

Hello...my name is Chief....and I'm camper.

I'm not a good at running and gunning. I'm not quick on the draw. So for me, it's just easier to sit and wait for my prey. Most folks can't stand to wait--that is why I LOVE search and destroy on MW2. You get ONE life and if you charge out, odds are you'll die. Or if you wait to long--you'll get grenade launched. But either way--for me, and just my game play it's build a fort with Grifter and roast marshmallow's and tell war stories till one of you guys run's past us.
Don't get me wrong. Hell, you run and gunner's kill me ALL the time. So I believe it's fair to say that it takes all kinds to make up a game!
So if you're running by and see me--stop in and pop a brew...

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #12
DatGuy

ahh Chief I charge like a retard all the time and I do alright, you gotta let your inhibitions go and just flow with it

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #13
[SS]Hobo
I'm your Huckleberry...

A few achievements for the campers!

and DG's favorite

Last edited by [SS]Hobo : 01-17-2010 at 07:30 AM.
[SS]Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #14
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tt3rs View Post
my responses to these... yeah, i might be gay but so are you.
Eh?!?!?

If I think I can charge in and kill em all...I do. If I think I can sit back and let them run into my bullets...I do. Call it what you will, but if it works I use it.

Unfjortunately this game encourages people to do 'unfavorable' stuff in order to complete challenges. I seriously would rarely (if ever) use a GL accept you have to in order to unlock other attatchments.

All in all I never complain about anyone's 'tactics' whatever they may be. The only thing I might complain about are glitchers/cheaters. Anyone who complains about a tactic (camping IS a tactic) is just a cry baby in my book.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010   #15
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Well my latest issues (or common complaint to keep with the theme of this thread) I'm find out has to do with time zones; yes, time zones.

So here's MY issue with time zones. When I log on in the morning, it's about 0200ish in the states. I usually do pretty good with my kill/death ratio. Because most of the players are drunk or about ready to pass out. So I get the illusion that I'm owning! Then a few hours later my time or about 0600 in the morning stateside, the unsupervised children of the passed out parents are logging on. Again, I'm doing okay against them. Sure they have a few skills and way more time on the game than myself but my kill/death ratio starts to go down a bit. Tick-tock; now it's evening time in Italy say 6PM NOON on the east coast. And the regular players are just now waking up from their ALL nighters the night before. Now my Kill/Death ration IS REALLY going in the toilet. So when it's finally evening my time and now I've had a few beers and crunked-up....I wind up going 0 - 7 or worse. So yes, Time Zone are my only issues with the game.

See you kids online in the morning!!

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote