Go Back   [SS] Forums > Sea Snipers Website > Volunteer
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

015 Volunteer Info & Application

Volunteer
You don't just join this team.

The Sea Snipers® are a tactically-proficient, professional, highly-trained squad of elite gamers, current and former military, gaming consultants, level designers, writers and illustrators. We take gaming seriously and work to promote mature, tactical gameplay, as well as assist in our communities and provide support to our troops.

Established in October of 2002, we have become known for our structure, discipline, professionalism, organization and for work on various strategy guides, and AAA video games. For a complete history and more info about the team, check out the About Us page.

Please read the information below. You must meet the following requirements to be considered for a tryout:
Requirements Privileges
• Must be 21 or older.

• Must be able to attend Sunday (from 10:30pm est till 12:00), Monday (matches), Wednesday (from 10:30pm est till 12:00) and Thursday (matches) night events. (mon and thurs matches usually only last about 45 mins - 1hr.)

• Must be able to deal with our "Virtual Boot Camp" for roughly 6 weeks. Our recruitment process is intense. Only the truly dedicated will make it through.

• Must be willing to change your XBL name during the recruitment process. (you can change it back to whatever you like if recruited, or purchase a temporary account)

• Must have access to a mobile device and chat capabilities.

• Cannot be in any other clan during recruitment, and cannot be in any other clan if recruited.
• Your official [SS] tags and sig template and design.

• A promotion to Seaman Recruit.

• Your info on the official Crew page.

• Access to our private SS & S.E.A.L. forums.

• Custom gear in our store.

• Chance to attend 4 organized events every week on-season.

• Ability to climb the ranks from Seaman Recruit to Admiral, and take on important clan-based positions.

• Opportunity to work on professional projects such as strategy guides, consulting and more.

• Right to earn medals, commendations and other awards, as well as the ability to vote for your fellow members for commendations.

• Access to a unique brotherhood of members with the ability to help you not just in-game but in real life as well.
Volunteer Application
If you want to be part of one of the most established, professional, top-tier clans in all of gaming, please enlist today by completing the following form and sending it in an email to all of the following; rator@seasnipers.net, shooter@seasnipers.net and showstoper@seasnipers.net. (copy and paste the application below into an email and answer each question below it)

• How old are you?

• Male or Female?

• Can you make mandatory practices every Sunday night at 10:30pm est till 12:00?

• Can you make non-mandatory practices every Wednesday night at 10:30pm est till 12:00?

• Can you attend Monday and Thursday night matches starting at 10:30pm est as well?

• Can you be an active member on the forums, reading/posting preferably daily?

• Can you deal with the hazing? We really give it to our recruits. It's like a Virtual Boot Camp. The hazing lasts for about 6 weeks.

• Please tell us how you found us and why you want to join.

• Please give us a little personal info about yourself. Married, what do you do for a living, kids, military experience, etc.

• Are you currently in another clan? If so, which one and please provide a link. (If recruited, you may not be in any clan other than the SS.)

[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #2
kotaco

What is the FD SS?

--
kotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011   #3
[SS]Rator

That image is actually an early version of what was eventually put on our store as a shirt etc. The Final version is FTSS which stands for the Sea Snipers Fire Team. I have not had a chance to update the image here or on the DL page.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
Old 02-02-2012   #4
[SSr]PhilYurcracken

I sent my app to showstoper so lets see how it goes....

Got a crack? I can fill it.

[SSr]PhilYurcracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #5
[SSr]PhilYurcracken

I had fun tonight, once again... Thank you very much for having me guys.

Old 02-09-2012   #6
[SS]Rator

ggs bud, that was fun. watch for an email

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 02-09-2012   #7
[SSr]PhilYurcracken

Yes it was fun, I dont even remember when was the last time I had so much fun like lastnight....thanks Rator I'll be waiting.

Old 01-10-2018   #8
RIPCLAW

Hey Shooter,

I got your email on Monday so I could not be there on Sunday, I life in The Nederlands so there is a time difference.
Or was it for this coming Sunday?
Also I play on the Playstation 4, is that a problem?

ps: I try to reply on your mail but it keeps coming back as an not delivered post.

Kind Regards,
Rene

C64 is where it all started!
RIPCLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018   #9
[SS]Rator

Damn ok well we're on the xbox. Sorry about that.