Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation > [SS] 10th Anniversary
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary / Historical Item 9: SS logo appears in MW2

The Sea SnipersŪ 10th Anniversary
Historical Item 9: SS logo appears in MW2

Today is the 9th and in 2009 we saw our logo grace the innards of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Yes, IN the game. OUR logo.

So the story goes that while a few of the Infinity Ward guys were watching us play and work, we struck up a conversation with one of their artists and somehow our logo came up. We told them how cool it was (lol) and showed them, they agreed and that's when we asked if it would be possible to put it on one of the maps in the game. They told us to send it to them.

Us being Sea Snipers and there being a map called Sub Base which was actually a sub base with a sub in it, we asked if they could find a place to put it on that map. After sending them a few different versions of our logo, we found out that they couldn't put the logo on one of the maps, but instead asked us if they could put it in the game as an unlockable emblem.

Of course, we said YES! (It was probably more like "FUCK YEAH! YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO ASK!)

We tried to refrain from getting too excited since we had seen so many things get cut from games that we had written about and names changed on maps or objective locations are moved, we've seen entire modes scrapped after we've written pages about them. So we held our breath until the game shipped and damn, there it was. We were looking right at it but still, damn, your clan's logo IN THE GAME YOU PLAY! Fucking awesome. One of the highest acknowledgments in our career. Thank you Infinity Ward.

To partially quote on of our friends Tagger, "...I seriously doubt a clan has ever had a spot in a game in gaming history. That's got to be a first..."

I do not know of another. I've seen things like racing games with Burger King logos or Pepsi, AXE etc., but never another clan's logo. It was a big achievement for us.

Last year we found out the logo retained it's place in MW3, which makes 2 titles our logo appears in.

So how do you get it?

This was even more of a nod from IW to us, they named the challenge "I'm Rich" (which is my name). It is a Payback challenge requiring you to kill the guy that killed you, 25 times, with C4. Very difficult, but I got mine asap! The challenge name and requirements stayed the same for MW3 as well.

So there's your historical item for today, pretty historic, and definitely an item.

And our recruit sig of the day is...

ET didn't make it.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017   #2
RIPCLAW

Amazing! Really great to read the story behind it. hihi

C64 is where it all started!
RIPCLAW is offline   Reply With Quote