Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2008   #1
[SS]TuefelHunden
Semper Fratres, Semper Fi

Sea Snipers in Canada!

So, what happens when you put three Sea Snipers from around the continent together into one place for 6 days…? Let’s just say a lot of beer, a lot of sugar, a lot of gas (the kind that you pass!), a lot of gaming, and a hell of a lot of fun!

This past weekend Tuefel Hunden and Midnight met up with DatGuy in Vancouver for a few days of fun, and of course the fun started immediately. Tuffy flew into Vancouver on Wednesday and Midnight was there to pick him up. We both drove to Dat’s place and once we got inside, we were greeted with a pleasing note on the coffee table, “Tuefel, YOU SUCK. Don’t touch my stuff or I will be forced to kill you.” Such a warm welcome! Anyway we get there and have to wait for Dat to arrive, so we decide on a little pay back. Surprisingly enough, Shooter shows up also! So, that evening we all head out to Toby’s where Dat and Tuffy put down a few pitchers while Midnight drinks all of the Coca-Cola the place has and gets wasted!

The next morning, Dat has to go into work where Sony put the ixnay on us getting to check out SOCOM Confrontation. Boo, hiss… Anyway, Midnight introduces Tuefel to the global phenomenon of Geocaching and they spend a couple of hours hunting down a few local caches. Around noon, they head over to Slant Six and meet the lovely studio coordinator who Tuffy can’t stop talking about. We weren’t really allowed to do anything there, but a 3D Artist with killer tattoos was very cool about taking a group photo of us in front of the Slant Six logo in the lobby. DatGuy then takes them Vera’s for some friggin’ crazy burgers, though we kept ours pretty tame. They’ve got one called the Vick that would be enough to feed a small country for a year! Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for all SOCOM fans), DG has to get back to work, so we head up to check out the Capilano suspension bridge, otherwise known as Endor! This place was awesome. If it wasn’t already odd enough the first night, Shooter shows up again! After Tuefel stops taking pictures like an Asian tourist of trees taller than a thousand Bassani’s, we head back to Dat’s place for a little gaming! Of course the night wouldn’t be complete without going back to Toby’s for more tasty pints of Canadian brew.

Friday morning we end up sleeping in a bit longer than expected and Tuefel wakes up to see DatGuy’s e-famousness explode onto the world! Okay, maybe that’s a stretch. Anyway, we pile into Midnight’s land yacht and head up to Whistler. It’s a little late to catch the zip line tour that we wanted to do, so we do the next best thing, drink lots of beer at a place called Black’s in the village. While we are there, Jules (an old high school friend of DatGuy) comes out to have dinner and a few drinks with us before we head out for her going away party that evening at the Keg. Before heading out though, we all head over to Jules’ place since she was letting us stay there for the evening. Very cool of her! Her place was amazing by the way. Shortly after dropping our bags, it was time to head out and it wasn’t long before the drinks started coming and coming and coming. Unfortunatly, SportoFu was working next door, so he couldn't join us. There was an unending supply of woman to choose from, but Midnight ended up having too many! Dat was catching up with his old friend Jules, and Tuffy was hitting on the waitress. The night was long, but so much fun!

[SS]TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #2
[SS]TuefelHunden
Semper Fratres, Semper Fi

Continued from above...

The next morning Midnight and Tuefel are up bright and early to get to the slopes as they open. DG on the other hand would have probably preferred to sleep until noon! Anyway, we pack up the car and make the five minute trip into Whistler Village, and before long we are all on our way down the mountain in style. Midnight was able to pick back up his skiing ability fairly easy as Dat and Tuffy were carving their boards like regulars after a run or two. Around noon we all stopped for some poutine and a quick rest. After lunch we had found a perfect couple of runs that were practically empty (odd considering the crowds) which allowed us to fly down the slopes as fast as we wanted to. We had a great time here but unfortunately Midnight started cramping up and Dat had a nasty fall as his front edge grabbed a mound of snow when he was riding on his back edge looking back up the slope for Tuffy which caused him to land on his chest without any warning or bracing. Yeah that sucked. We hit a couple more runs, but decide to call it a day early so that nobody got seriously hurt. Again, we hit up Black’s for a quick drink and bite to eat, but head out quickly to look for a place to stay. Luckily, we found a nice room at the Holiday Inn that didn’t break the bank. Tuefel was exhausted and tried to take a nap. Eventually, we all decided to just stay in for the evening as we were all worn out from the day.

The next morning was like an old man’s convention. DatGuy was feeling the pain from his nasty fall, Midnight had a burn on his calves from his socks rubbing up against them, and Tuefel was a little sore, but ready to tackle the mountain again. Thankfully he didn’t though, because as the day progressed, he could feel the soreness magnifying within him. We all lounge around till eleven when housekeeping comes along and forces us to get out. So, we pack up the car and head back to Dat’s place to chill out for the rest of the day. Everyone takes turns playing some Rock Band and various other games, and we finish the night off watching a movie and some TV.

Monday morning was nothing special as Midnight and Tuffy packed up and headed to the airport. We all said our goodbyes and headed home, but are excited to be looking forward to SniperCon ’08 in Vegas later this year!

[SS]TuefelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #3
DatGuy

nice write-up tuffy, twas a good time

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #4
LuNcH

Man looks like you guys had a nice time,What a beautiful place to have went to..Dat you looked pretty ruff in some of those pics.I hope that you guys are catching up on your rest now.

If i was you guys i would have played Jackie Chan and snuck into S6 and got a peek...

LuNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #5
Sabotage

I'm definitely coming up next winter Dat, if any other SS want to come I'm sure Dat is opening his home to all his brothers.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #6
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

Me and my girl might be heading out that way this summer, then turning south and going down the coast. Nothings deffinate, but she's mentioned it a couple of times.

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #7
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

A great read! I am glad you all had a blast.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008   #8
DatGuy

let me know if you are passin through Sport, we'll go grab a beer

Old 05-06-2008   #9
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Looks like ya'll had a great time...Canada sure looks awesome DG...One day I hope to go there and take in the scenery...Good stuff BTW

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #10
DevilzKandi

Excellent write up/pictures Tuffy. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

XBL = root88
PSN = DevilzKandi

Myspace
nonamekillers.net
DevilzKandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #11
NEO-X

you guys are the best story tellers.. LOL

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #12
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Bumping this cause I saw a bot reading it today lol.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #13
DatGuy

I thought some of you were coming up here, was about to call the border patrol...

also, that was good times

Old 11-06-2012   #14
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

We've got a recruit up there, wanna hang out with her?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #15
DatGuy

Im pretty sure I know that recruit, and have hung out with her before...is she the one in Vancouver?