Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Questions
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-12-2009   #16
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPREME_HOMICIDE View Post
Cool, thank you for taking the time to do some research and share with me.

one more question tho, are the Microsoft Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit and the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter part of the elite consoles or do I have to buy them separately?
I think that you have to purchase the play and charge kit, same with the wireless networking adapter, they don't come standard unless some place is offering you a package deal. I run hard wired so I have no wireless interference, I don't know many people that run their 360 wireless for the very same reason.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #17
Bassani

I have 3 battery packs & a charger so that I ALWAYS have 2 on the charger and ready to go when one dies. I do also have the play and charge, but I NEVER use it...

Plenty of games coming out soon too, all depends on what youre into. MW2, RB Beatles, Forza 3, More Guitar Hero games, lol. Quite a few others too.

Remember what I said about sams club too if you have one near by and if you can also afford their yearly membership...
Old 07-12-2009   #18
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

They come separate.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #19
[RVN] SgtJoeFriday

You have to BUY a wireless adapter? PS3 has built in WiFi.

[RVN] SgtJoeFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #20
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RVN] SgtJoeFriday View Post
You have to BUY a wireless adapter? PS3 has built in WiFi.
True. But anyone that has been gaming for any length of time will tell you that gaming wirelessly is a no-no.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
Old 07-12-2009   #21
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

I should also add, yes it's an extra cost for the 360, but you're still paying for it in the PS3, regardless if it comes with it or not, it's not a throw in. You're still paying for it in some fashion or other.

Old 07-13-2009   #22
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani View Post
Get an extended warranty somewhere or get your 360 from Sams Club, I hear that their return policy is unrivaled anywhere...
I bought my 360 from Sam's club. One day it started overheating during specific parts of different games so I took it back, this being a year after I bought it, and they gave me the full amount in cash that I payed when I first bought it. Side note, I kept the two controllers and the hard drive it came with. I went to Sam's Club online the same day and payed $50 less than what they gave me when I returned my 360 for the Elite (bigger hard drive and it's black), one controller, HDMI cord, and two games. So bottom line is I took my old box back just because I felt like it and got 3 controllers, 2 free games, two hard drives, and $50 because I bought it at Sam's Club.

PS: Xbox LIVE rocks..... get a 360!

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #23
Bassani

Ill have to get Hasha in here to explain the bennys of Sams Club, lol
Old 07-13-2009   #24
Chenzo
Commies Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Grifter View Post
True. But anyone that has been gaming for any length of time will tell you that gaming wirelessly is a no-no.
Truth.

Yes, wireless is fine 95% of the time. But inevitably that 5% chance of disconnect will happen during a clan match.

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009   #25
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
Truth.

Yes, wireless is fine 95% of the time. But inevitably that 5% chance of disconnect will happen during a clan match.
Depending on if the system is in a bad spot the DC rate can be up to 30%. But yes as Chenzo said even if the two points are in good spots luck usually has it that if you never disconnect when you are casually playing you WILL DC once or twice during a clan match.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009   #26
Tagger

Good points from everyone above. Last week I moved to a new place and got cable internet installed. My 360 went online without issue. However, my PS3 is going to require some tweaking in the network connections to enable me to play online. I can sign in to the PSN. But, until I tweak the connection settings (with assistance from the folks at Sony), I cannot play with my buddies or even play an online game at all for that matter. Minor issue but a pain nonetheless.

Regarding exclusive titles, it's about what you like to play really. I like racing. And, I like racing using a wheel. If my 360 had Gran Turismo and supported logitech wheels, I would likely switch to the 360 entirely. But, I play on both systems depending on my mood. On the other hand, if Sony had a system comparible to Live, I'd probably be a Sony fan boy.

My recommendation, get one each.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010   #27
hasha

just so yall know....the info on sams club purchases has changed. if you made your electronics purchase before november 1, 2008 you can still take it back for a full refund or exchange. as of nov 1 it is now only 90 days on electronics. if it changes back i will let yall know.

hasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #28
kotaco

I have played both PS3 & XBOX and I still think PS3 is the better way to go. But thats just me.

--
kotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #29
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotaco View Post
I have played both PS3 & XBOX and I still think PS3 is the better way to go. But thats just me.
Hardware reliability wise, I agree.

Software and online...not by a long shot

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #30
AEJustin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]DatGuy View Post
Hardware reliability wise, I agree.

Software and online...not by a long shot
Agreed 100000% I love my PS3 but online is 360 all the way there is NO substitute

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote