Go Back   [SS] Forums > Sea Snipers Website > Professional Work
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2005   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

015 Sea Snipers S3 maps & Official Socom 3 Guide!!!

Socom 3: Strategy Guide
Multiplayer Authors & Illustrators

Download PDF Guide
At the beginning of June 2005, the Sea Snipers were contracted by Piggyback Interactive to write the multiplayer section of the Socom 3 Official Guide. The multiplayer chapters represent 70 pages of the 200 page guide , which will be available in all stores on 10/11 with the game.

In addition to writing the multiplayer section of the guide, Generator Studios was contracted to illustrate all of the single and multiplayer maps! Yep, ALL the maps are DONE and they look even better than the Socom 1 & 2 maps.

This is the first time that we know of that a clan has ever been contracted to collaborate on an official guide in the history of gaming. My men and I worked night and day to compile the most complete, accurate and detailed multiplayer information on Socom 3 for you all. In addition, all of the maps are just as you like 'em. Illustrated in the same style as the original Socom 1 and 2 maps, they came out great!

Since all of the [SS] were included in the Beta cycle thanks to E-Seals, Piggyback and the [SS] were able to research, test, and compile tons of information. Everything from "Getting Started" which includes details on all of the games' options as well as screenshots and descriptions of everything you can do in the game, to "Tips & Tricks" that span beginner player tips to advanced veteran tricks and even weapon stats and charts, and "Strategies" which run the gamut from noob tips to advanced strategies for both terrorists and seals that can help you and your clan get more tactical.

We (the [SS]) have even divulged some of our inner workings and structure including how to create your own clan, recruit new members, run practices, matches and how to reward your members.

And yes, ALL the maps are in the guide. I know it used to take us 3 weeks to a month to complete just one map, but with all of the great information we were provided with from Piggyback, we were able to get them all done before the release of Socom 3. And not just the multiplayer maps, but the single player maps as well. All of the icons and details are in place, and Piggyback will be releasing downloadable PDF versions of some of the maps before the game even comes out.

We have put A LOT of work into this puppy. Thanks to all of the Sea Snipers that gave me some awesome information, we couldn't have done it without you. I must have received over 100 pages of information, strategies, tips, tricks and charts from these guys that I compiled and wrote the multiplayer section from (the final multiplayer section is 70 pages of a total of 200 in the finished guide). I did all of the maps in hi-res for Piggyback and they look fantastic! Finally you guys don't have to wait until Socom 4 comes out for me to finish the last maps for Socom 3! LOL!

I have to give a big THANK YOU to all my new friends at Piggyback for giving the Sea Snipers and Generator Studios the chance of a lifetime to work on the Socom 3 project. We've been wanting to do this since Socom 1!

So, now you all know why we've been so "busy" and unable to accept a lot of matches and scrimmages in the past month! We had a very tight deadline, but the write-up and the maps were scrutinized by all the parties involved and came back with great reviews. All in all, everyone is very happy with the final product. Thanks again to everyone that was involved with this project, it was an AWESOME opportunity for all of us to be a part of.

Don't forget to check the credits in the back of the guide to see your friendly Sea Snipers names in lights!

Best,

[SS]Rator & The Sea SnipersŪ

[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #2
S10Draven
bitch

bigclap way to go boss for makin it happen. you have done so much for the socom series and players, its good to see you get some recongnition for all the hard work. dancingban
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #3
YouMayLose
Ensign

Wow very nice and cudos to all of [SS] probably the best clan on Socom as far as nice people to play with and hard work you all do to help us all enjoy Socom. I'm very glad to be friends with a few of you and hope to be able to play with all of you on Socom 3 just send a friend invite to YouMayLose and i'll be around to get owned by you all......Oh and I <3 Juggy lol

When do we get to see these new maps ? do we have to wait till Socom 3's release or do we have to buy the guide ? ....I never buy the guide but I'll buy this 1 just for you guys.
YouMayLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #4
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

I believe Rator will have them on the SS site soon after the Guide Release in the normal Map Section area

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #5
[SS]Rator

THanks guys, No Cuervo, we cannot put the maps on the site, we can show thumbs and maybe a bigger pic as a sample, but you have to buy the guide to see the full versions of the maps, sorry!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
Old 10-03-2005   #6
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

ok..

hey look all.. Rich Has his Name on Piggyback site!!!

http://www.piggybackinteractive.com/...o/?id_guide=30

he can now add "Editor" as a title also..

and his artwork is "EXCLUSIVE"!!

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #7
DevilzKandi

That's pretty cool. Congrats.

XBL = root88
PSN = DevilzKandi

Myspace
nonamekillers.net
DevilzKandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #8
Lost_Angel

This is awsome guys, cant belive you guys landed this big of a dealbigclap its crazy, who knows where it will lead next, im happy for you guys, finally all your hard work and dedication is paying off.

oh man now when i got to the strip club, and tell the gal i know who SS is, i can wip out the book hahahahadancingban

congrats guys, you all deserve this

SMOKE!!......

Are Your Smoking Yet?
Lost_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #9
WEEZER
F&Bizzle

That's awesome Rator, good job on your hard work.

Frank & Beans Website Oh YES, it's that good! Panda POOP in Your Mouth!
WEEZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #10
patient957
Ensign

*tips hat in SS direction* Way to go guys...that is some seriously awesome stuff and quite the thing to have on a resume. Now, if you could only make a 957 smiley with the guy throwing his controller against a brick wall, that would be great. LMAO! bigclap

patient957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #11
Weapon
Ensign

Very good stuff
Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #12
UMMaDCoW
Lieutenant

Awesome stuff guys. I can't wait for Part 4, MOL.

UMMaDCoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #13
ID_MSG
Ensign

very nice guys congrats to ss

"Those who have long enjoyed such privledges as we enjoy forget in time men have died to win them" --Franklin D. Roosevelt
ID_MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #14
BYRD915
Intelligence Officer

bigclap Way to go man. That is so cool dancingban

From the Shadows..........One Force, One Mission!!

BYRD915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #15
[SS]Rator

Hey thanks for everyones props, we really appreciate it. We will be posting up links to the PDFs probably tomm. Keep an eye out.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!