Bassani

CoD: Black Ops

This is the next CoD, trailer should be up tonight on Spike
Old 05-01-2010   #2
Bassani

Old 05-02-2010   #3
AEJustin1

this is a break down of the trailer!

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010   #4
Bassani

Here is one from 1up...

Old 05-06-2010   #5
KAIZER SOSA

I'm hoping for a hybrid of COD4/WaW kinda vibe, and maybe... just maybe additions of the very few things MW2 had gotten right.

Also hope Search and Destroy is brought back to its prominence, S&D is not the same in MW2 as it was with previous iterations.

KAIZER SOSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #6
Bassani

By the trailer last night, I just have a feeling that it is going to be Treyarch's version of MW2, like WaW was to 4, so IMO, this will be a lot alike MW2, just different point in time and with a few of Treyarch's tweaks...

Oh, in case anyone missed it last night, the trailer can be found here...
http://www.callofduty.com/media/videos
Old 05-19-2010   #7
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

The latest details surrounding the next entry to the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops, have been revealed in the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, and while there’s still plenty of reasons to get the physical edition of the magazine (which is apparently available right now) to see all of the latest screenshots from the game, we’ve got a few details from the pages to whet your appetite.

Speaking with Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia, OXM managed to reveal the following tasty morsels regarding Call of Duty: Black Ops:

In every Call of Duty game, multiplayer is a big portion of the experience, and with Black Ops it’s no exception. Multiplayer capabilities were operational extremely early in the development of the game, so much so that some maps currently in use in the singleplayer campaign were built from multiplayer maps.

To help improve the multiplayer experience and catch map glitches (such as the ‘under-the-map’ exploits in Call of Duty: World at War), Treyarch will be taking feedback from players. One avenue through which this feedback may be taken is via a Black Ops multiplayer beta, which is apparently being “considered,” according to Lamia.

Matchmaking is also being streamlined and improved to “make it easier for [players] to get into games with their friends.”

The ability to create your own class will return in this edition of Call of Duty, too, which will allow players much greater freedom in customising their kit, appearance and perk setups in a system called ‘Create-a-Class 2.0.’

As for the singleplayer, OXM got to see some missions taking place in Black Ops, and witnessed missions in which a player controls a helicopter (while shooting missiles and firing a mini-gun), directs troops from the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane, and sneaks past villages while swimming in the Huong River (armed only with a knife).

Treyarch revealed a few smaller interesting details as well, and confirmed the inclusion of a mission in which you’ll be fighting the North Vietnamese Army, the return of vehicles (but “not in the way you remember them from World at War,” says Treyarch), the presence of a Spas-12 shotgun (with Dragon’s Breath incendiary rounds), and the inclusion of a dedicated cooperative mode with separate levels, similar to World at War’s ‘Nazi Zombie’ mode… but potentially without the Nazi zombies. Treyarch was a little sneaky about this particular detail.

OXM seems quite taken with Call of Duty: Black Ops, comparing the transition and evolution of Treyarch, as a studio, between World at War and this game to the change seen in Infinity Ward when that company went from making Call of Duty 2 to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – a huge leap!

Mark Lamia also revealed that Treyarch’s 200-plus employees are currently working on Call of Duty: Black Ops, when in the past, the studio would have been working on three separate games simultaneously.

“We want the game to speak for itself,” Lamia said repeatedly throughout OXM’s time with Black Ops.

“We’ve taken some creative risks,” Lamia said of the game. “We want to do something different than we’ve done before. It’s time.”

LINKY

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #8
DatGuy

The uncut trailer for this bad boy looks pretty good. I just hope they do away with the stupid ass killstreaks which completely changed how players behaved in game(hiding in a corner sucking their thumb for KS)

one of the machinima kids put up this video discussing black ops, and treyarch actually responded

here is the response...

RE: Dedicated Servers. Dedicated servers for console (Xbox, PS3, Wii) games. The cost/reward structure of dedicated servers for console games is complicated as All Get Out. I am not talking about PC games. That's a different, and much easier, conversation. My point is simply that error you see that you think is lag, is not necessarily caused by latency, and dedicated servers won't solve every perceived error you think is lag.

Re: Matchmaking.. We have a few very specific ideas to improve host selection. Yet, no matter what you do until you can build a profile/library/db of who is a good host and who is not, the first couple of times someone ends up host he is going to be as good of a host as anyone else. The game can't see into the future. His connection might of been awesome at the time host selection was made.

Generally, however, we like the "make matchmaking as fast as possible" approach. When you start adding in matchmaking criteria, such as: "I only want to play with people who think cussing is OK," you end up making the matchmaking process slower.

I like the idea of allowing the user, in matchmaking preference, to opt out of joining games in progress. But, I don't think I would turn it on by default. I will discuss that with the team and see what we can do.

Re: Map Preference. We did do some work in this area. Blame Truth wants to go back to the COD2 way. What we have is more simple and requires active participation.

Re: Bare Bone Playlists. This can be done right now except for the "no weapon attachments" part of it. I would say that if people want a playlist, then they should lobby Josh. We have features that require more post-launch support than ever before. Playlists can be updated.

Re: Weapon Balance. Black Ops is trying to find some place between the skill of World at War weapons with the accessibility of MW2 weapons. Easy to use, difficult to master. I added a guy to my team this year, who is working on this nearly full-time.

We are committed to this idea and committed to fixing what we don't get right. I get a lot of feedback that the guns "should be more like MW2" and are "too hard to use, and should have less kick and sway."

The more focused (dare I say hard-core?) competitive FPS gamer seems to prefer the World at War tuning. I am like you. I also prefer it, but it would be arrogant to complete dismiss and ignore the other 10 million people who are not like us.

Vahn"

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #9
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

thnx

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #10
[SS]Hobo
I'm your Huckleberry...

Reserve Call of Duty: Black Ops and receive a GameStop exclusive 2-sided, limited edition poster. Extremely limited quantities. Available only while supplies last.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers : Print and bring a copy of your online Order Confirmation email to your local store to receive your poster.

Store Customers: Poster available in store at time of reservation.

[SS]Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #11
[SS]Switters
sweets to the sweet

so i pre-ordered black ops today and managed to get one of the posters. it's cool and all, here's a looksy though i think you can see them online as well. look close at the pistol, and you see a win for a former recruit lol.

i even tried the phone number on it but it's just music right now. the guys at gamestop said wait for the game to go "live", whatever that means, and maybe it will lead you to a beta or free in game stuff. who knows, but pretty cool regardless.

Last edited by [SS]Switters : 06-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
[SS]Switters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #12
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Switters View Post
look close at the pistol, and you see a win for a former recruit lol.

From Drop Box

THAT is excellent!

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #13
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

I got that poster also when I pre-ordered it. They told me something about the poster, but Gamestop really wasn't clear about it. I already shredded it. JK, LOL. But we'll see when the game comes out.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #14
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

whoa, hey guys see if you can request a few more posters from your stores for SS that don't get them. I will try to do it this week as well

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010   #15
[SS]Switters
sweets to the sweet

will do, i'll offer the guys some free food, all the employees at my gamestop are, um, big boned. so i know they like to eat lol.

oh yeah, so there is that phonenumber on the poster, when you call it it is ice cream truck music, there is also an ip address on there, but when you go to it, the site is under construction. interesting marketing imo

[SS]Switters is offline   Reply With Quote