Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2012   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

(((( E3 2012 ))))

Got some early info (not good...but info none the less) so I thought I would start this out.

Quote:
Microsoft: No New Xbox At E3

News
by Jim Reilly on March 15, 2012 at 02:52 PM
50 2

Microsoft said today there are no plans to unveil its next Xbox at E3 this June.

Ryan James, Group PR Manager for Microsoft Studios, said in a statement sent to Game Informer, "While we appreciate all the interest in our long-range plans for the future, we can confirm that there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon.

"For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360—and it’s the best year ever for Xbox 360. The console is coming off its biggest year ever—a year in which Xbox outsold all other consoles worldwide."

Sony president Kaz Hirai said in early January the company has no plans to unveil its next console hardware at E3, either.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...box-at-e3.aspx
Feel free to share any info you come across on the upcoming E3.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #2
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

All this info is "no" info. Dang it....

Quote:
Nintendo: No Wii U Price, Launch Date at E3
Publisher plans to keep some details for later in the year.

Those expecting Nintendo to fully reveal its full Wii U launch plans at E3 2012 will need to wait a bit longer. Today, in an investor's briefing, global president Satoru Iwata noted that his company does not plan on revealing pricing plans or precise launch dates for the new HD system at the annual show. Iwata reiterated the system will debut this year in Japan, the United States, Europe and Australia.

READ MORE HERE

Old 06-09-2012   #3
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

E3 was this last week. Sorry I was not on top of it. I am in the middle of moving and starting a new job....and other crazy stuff. Yay. Anyway here are the press conferences. Enjoy, and please tell us what you liked most about this years E3. I am only part way through the MS brief but I suspect that SMART GLASS will end up as my favorite. Pretty cool stuff.

Old 06-09-2012   #4
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

I saw a bunch of clips on the Xbox in regards to E3. I was really interested in how the new GOW:Judgement is utlizing a page out of Battlefield with different classes in one of their MP mode. ie: Scout, Engineer, Sniper, Support. I think also you can do the same when playing on the Horde side. Looks good to me anyways.

There were a few clips on Halo 4 also. This game is going to be epic. It's the first of a trilogy coming out throughout the years. They have different modes added to their MP also. I can provide clips if y'all want.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #5
DatGuy

all the big 3 had absolute shit presentations this year...

I am not biased in any way here, but Ubisoft had the best presentation...and everyone seems to agree
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #6
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
I am not biased in any way here, but Ubisoft had the best presentation...and everyone seems to agree
Here, let me help you out....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Implied Facepalm.jpg (33.2 KB, 22 views)

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012   #7
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

So I made it through the MS, Sony, and Nintendo briefs.

Microsoft had the SMART GLASS feature which is rather impressive, along with FINALLY adding an internet browser. Though the addition of a browser is late (PS3 started with one) it will have better controlability. So they did not just "catch up" to Sony with this. They cruised by in the passing lane (when they launch it this Fall).

Sony - had nothing. No interesting improvements to the PS3 system or features. they best they showed was a spiffy augmented reality Harry potter game that is for young children. It was cool...for kids....but disappointing overall. Not even close to catching up to the Kinect tech.

Nintendo - all they had to offer was adding the ability to add a second control pad to your system sometime in the future.

Black ops 2 looked neat. It was kinda like Ghost Recon in that it is set in the future with future technology just not as far in the future as GR. So they are leap frogging MW3. Something tells me that this might be a move to have 3arch take the lead in the franchise. (makes sense if you consider the recent events at IW

edit/add: Oh and I forgot I wanted to mention that the wiiU's extra screen in the control pad WAS the cool thing that Nintendo had (the Batman game using the screen was impressive) but with the new Xbox SMART GLASS the Xbox cruised by Nintendo in the passing lane with that feature (well...once again when it launches in the Fall).

The 360 is the best selling console right now and with MS looking impressive and the rest looking "meh" I do not see MS stepping off the console throne anytime soon.

Last edited by [SS]Midnight : 06-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-10-2012   #8
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

cool thnx mn

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #9
Tagger

Is this the event where the big news usually comes out or is there another event later in the year where that happens?

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote