Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2008   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

fourtwozero update. New Playlists.

Yay. We can play Hard Core again without getting RPGed in the first 2 seconds!

This is not out yet. It is an update on what they are working on.

Quote:
Mixing Things Up - New Playlist Status

August 18, 2008 in Playstation 3, call of duty 4 modern warfare, infinity ward, patch, xbox 360 | Comments (20)

As you know, We’ve been playing around with a lot of different playlist variations for the last several weeks and we’ve got quite a few cool mash-ups and gametype tweaks in the wings. It’s no secret that adding new playlists (or anything to multiplayer) takes a long time. There is a lot of careful planning and consideration that goes into anything new we add to the overall gameplay experience of the game, and nothing is added unless we’re completely convinced it will add to the overall experience. So as you can imagine, we play the hell out of any new addition we even consider before we consider it “good to go”.

That said.

The good news is, we have a few playlists that can be implemented via a playlist update (no patch required) and a few that we’re determining now if they can be added; the bad news is a few of them that can only be implemented via a patch. We’re still in talks to see if a small patch is feasible within our current production schedule, so I’ll let you know as that’s determined.

Remember though, nothing is final until it’s actually released. I don’t want you guys to be disappointed if something doesn’t pass QA, but to give you an idea of what we’re currently testing and where we stand with each playlist:

Hardcore Headquarters - No Patch Required

Testing is completed for Hardcore HQ. This playlist has standard HQ rules w/ Hardcore Settings. Limited HUD, Increased Bullet Damage, and Friendly Fire Enabled.

Hardcore Ricochet Playlist - Currently Testing

We’re currently testing this playlist now to see if a patch will be required for it or not. We should know soon. This is the No Teamkilling playlist. Any damage a teamkiller attempts to do to their team mates is reflected onto themselves only. Therefore, if they attempt to shoot an RPG into the ground at the beginning of the match; the only person who will die, is the Teamkiller. This eliminates the fear of being shot in the back by some asshole, but still encourages players to play tactically and not throw random nades, because if you accidentally hit a teammate, you’re only going to end up killing yourself and they’ll go unharmed. No Teamkilling, No Random Nades. This playlist will include the variant for Hardcore Teamdeathmatch, Hardcore Search and Destroy, and Hardcore HQ.

Sudden Death Sabotage - Currently Testing

Sabotage with no respawns. Fast-paced and intense Sabotage. No more hiding with the bomb until time runs out for sudden death. Increased XP per kills to encourage Team Deathmatch mentality. Defend your objective, while attempting to secure the bomb and plant on theirs. Once you’re dead, you’re dead. No second chances. We’re currently testing to see if this can be implemented without a patch.

Second Chance Search and Destroy - Currently Testing

Search and Destroy with 1 respawn each. This completely revamps your Search and Destroy tactics. No longer will lucky frag or well-placed claymore end your chance of victory. Each player has 1 respawn, creating longer more thoughout attack / defend strategies. Eliminate enemy players, and cut off their reinforcements while you defuse.

——–

If all these get past Quality Assurance (Test) with zero bugs, then we’ll be able to implement these four new playlists rather quickly (once QA and Localization is finished). In addition, we plan on adding Killhouse to more playlists and adjusting the amount of XP you get in certain playlists. (i.e. double XP in hardcore and new playlists).

Hit the jump for the playlists we’d like to do, but would require some code work to implement.

The following gametypes would require code support in order to implement. Which means we’d have to patch. Now anytime you require a patch that’s a much lengthier process than just doing a playlist update because it requires code work, very extensive QA both internally, at Activision, and at Microsoft / Sony. Which is why we want to attempt to get the playlist updates ABOVE out first, and then see what our options are with the ones BELOW. The ones which require additional support include:

Bare-Bones Team Deathmatch - Patch Required

Team Deathmatch with no perks and no air support. Problem: Slot 1 Perks Glitch

Hardcore Free for All - Patch Required

Free For All with Hardcore Settings. Problem: UAV glitch

Team Elimination (Last Man Standing) - Patch Required

3 round Team Deathmatch w/ no respawns. Switch sides each round. Problem: Round Switch Glitch

Multi-Bomb Search and Destroy - Patch Required

Search and Destroy but all attackers spawn with a bomb. Problem: Planting Glitch

Tags: call of
source = http://www.fourzerotwo.com/

heh I just realized I screwed up the subject ....shoulda read fourzerotwo....no pot jokes plz. k thnx.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman

Last edited by [SS]Midnight : 08-19-2008 at 12:35 AM.
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #2
harley7

hardcore headquaters sounds cool, i enjoy playing headquaters except for on shipment.

as for the dameage reflecting back, get those darn teamkillers. im all for friendly fire, but the lack of socoms vote option makes hardcore silly at times.
harley7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #3
Chenzo
Commies Beware

what's with the staypuft marshmellow man?

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #4
Sabotage

Ha ha that better be usable.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #5
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

As far as I can tell Chenzo it is either a mod someone made for the PC and they thought it was funny enough to put up...OR they have a good sense of humor and are thinking of putting a reward for a 20 kill streak. LOL

I like the "press > to CHOOSE AND PERISH" heh....It ends your kill streak but give you extra "ground support" LOL

"CHALLENGE COMPLETE: CALL IN STAY-PUFF MAN"

Old 08-19-2008   #6
Chenzo
Commies Beware

Heh... looks like the console version tho.

(Notice Staypuft on the map! hahahaHAHAHAHAHA nice.)

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #7
Sabotage

Yea looks like PS3 or xbox360 because of the direction arrow. 20 kill streaks are challenging to get so I think it would be a good reward for being alive that long.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #8
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

I am pretty sure that they just put that pic in for a bit of humor. You will notice that the article does not talk about it at all.

Old 08-19-2008   #9
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

You know, it would likely be an artillery barrage or something like that.

The Sta-Puft Man isn't really a tactical support unit.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #10
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Shooter View Post

The Sta-Puft Man isn't really a tactical support unit.
PSSSSSH thats what you think

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008   #11
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Moar Info

Quote:
The Original COD4 F.N.G. Mission

September 5, 2008 in PC Mod, call of duty 4 modern warfare, community, infinity ward, pc | Comments (28)

Looks like one of our PC modders from Japan, by the name of Qrysalis on our forums, has found and re-constructed the files from our original training mission for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Ah, brings back memories. As you can tell, we decided to make it short and sweet for the final version of the game, but I do miss some of that choice VO (voice over). Nice work Qrysalis, as long as you don’t find our Brokeback Snipers / Hot Coffee moment with Price and MacMillian … then we’re all good.

Playtest and Inner Office War

September 4, 2008 in call of duty 4 modern warfare, infinity ward, life, video games | Comments (70)

(fyi: Cpt Hammer is my PartnerNET gamertag, not my secret XBL account)

Just got finished jumping into some of QA’s playtests of the new gametypes. While they’re ensuring there are no bugs to be found, I wanted to jump in and test out how fun the playlists were. Hardcore HQ is a lot of fun because it’s a lot more fast paced than normal and HQ’s are falling a lot faster. Not a lot of waiting around in this gametype. Not to mention it’s a lot more tactical when you’re not just spamming the HQ with nades. I think I’ll be playing the Hardcore Ricochet version of Hardcore HQ a lot.

We played several games of Second Chance Search and Destroy, which essentially just adds 1 respawn per player. A small addition, but makes a big difference in the tactics you use. Plus, it wasn’t as frustrating to be taken out early in the round because you get a second chance to do some damage. No more dying early and waiting around the entire match. The only problem I can foresee with it is the occassional spawn kill if someone gets past your defenses and gets in a position to kill your second wave of respawns before you get him out. Other than that I actually prefer Second Chance over standard Search and Destroy. I found myself missing the second life when we were playing standard. There were a few UI (user interface) bugs, but those can be taken care of really easily, just need to shorten the name of the gametype.

Still on the fence with Sudden Death Sabotage, what do you guys think of that. It essentially just turns into Team Elimination because no one has any respawns, so everyone starts camping and never goes for the bomb. In a way, I like that, because it’s a sneaky way to get Team Elimination into the game with an extra twist, but on the other hand the rounds end really quickly. I’m worried this one might not make the cut, but we’ll see how the rest of testing goes this week.

Hardcore Ricochet is the answer to my prayers. Team Killing is non-existent and you no longer have to say “my bad” to a team mate you accidently blow to hell with a badly placed grenade. If you fuck up, you’re the only one hurting for it. Not to mention you never have to worry about having a team mate shoot an RPG into the ground at the start and killing everyone in Hardcore Search and Destroy. That alone makes this entire playlist worth it to me.

Things are looking good. I’m still working hard on that upcoming Xbox Live promotion I told you about. Getting some final thoughts from our Art Driector on the Ads I designed for it, and securing the rest of the details.

Old 09-08-2008   #12
DatGuy

maybe if they made it so you couldnt see the bomb carrier

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote