Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Chief's Warehouse
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2006   #1
THE BADGER.
Ensign

Texas politician proposes a 100% tax on video games!

This guys is out of his mind. I think its funny- it says he's a rancher and he want to get rid of property tax and heavily tax games among other things that "He" deems violent and bad for people.

Link

Texas politician proposes 100 percent game tax

[UPDATE] Republican primary candidate wants to eliminate property taxes by heavily taxing games the government deems "violent."
Though incumbent Governor Rick Perry is almost assured to win the Republican nomination for this year's gubernatorial election in Texas, he does face three long-shot challengers. One of them, Corpus Christi rancher Star Locke, has proposed eliminating property taxes in the Lone Star State with revenue from taxing three things he finds undesirable. Specifically, Locke is proposing a $10,000 per-abortion tax on medical clinics that perform abortions and a 50 percent tax on all soda that "contains added glucose, fructose, sucrose to the beverage for sale to humans."

[UPDATE] However, gamers will be especially alarmed by the third part of Locke's property-tax-relief proposal--a 100 percent tax on "violent video games." According to the candidate's official Web site, the candidate would impose "The Family Security & Protection Act" when elected. Section 4 of the act states to "levy a 100 percent of price sales cost tax for the sale on ... any video game containing any form of human violence."

"I take the position that the Founding Fathers took: that the power to tax is the power to destroy," Locke told the Amarillo Globe News. "So our concept is that we need to tax things we don't want and you want to not tax things that you want to encourage."

However, in the unlikely event he is sent to the governor's mansion, Locke would create a 10-member board that labels games as violent. According to the Globe, the tax itself would be levied against the publishers of said games--and quickly. "Once it's reviewed, the tax would be levied swiftly," he said.

[UPDATE] Locke's other platform promises call for the repeal of all alcoholic beverage laws and a 50 percent "grease tax" on "all food prepared by deep-frying or cooking in any form of oil or grease for human consumption."

When approching a BADGER: in the wild be cautious, for they have a tendency to become aggitated and shoot RPGs.

THE BADGER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #2
[SS]Vapid

He wants to destroy everything that is fun!

Video games
Fast food
Soda
Beer

I have a feeling it would be almost as hard to get that to pass as getting a ‘nation wide ban on all bolt action rifles’ to pass the NRA.
Old 01-26-2006   #3
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

So this would just be in texas right?

So I guess that would mean no more ebgames in texas.

[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #4
NEO-X

Man nothing but good things come from the great state of Texas..

I mean just look at Bush

< / Sarcasm >

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #5
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

You know what would happen, Texans would split. Texas would become a searing hot barren wasteland. NO BEER?!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006   #6
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

rule out Texas for any potential Snipercon Sites

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote