Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2009   #76
Elm11

Hello all,

I'm just wondering, aside from the twofold problem of recruiting being closed, and me being too young (by a large margin) to apply for the SS, is it alright if i stay here on the forums?

I bought the strategy guide when i got mw2, and it's been a colossal hand in finishing the campaign on verteran and doing the spec ops missions with my brother =).

If nothing else, i'd just like to say thanks to the various Snipers who put all the effort into the book, and wish you luck for your tournaments =D.

Oh, and while we're at it, the classes you've recommended for the various levels in online play (or at least those actaully viable at level 31, only got mw2 a fortnight ago, and i've had exams) have been absolutely brilliant, especially the sea sniper class you made for the sub base level. (just a point, i find that thermal for the barrett is more valuable than heartbeat sensor for it).

Oh, and if anyone cares, my name is Mark, i come from Canberra Australia, i have frustratingly poor internet (normally only 50-100ms ping on mw2 xbox live wireless), i'm 13 and probably shouldn't be bothering you, and i'm in year nine (if you're wondering, i was accelerated twice, yes XD).

Last edited by Elm11 : 12-02-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Elm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #77
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

No bother. Welcome to the forums. And of course you can "hang".

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #78
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
Oh, and if anyone cares, my name is Mark, i come from Canberra Australia, i have frustratingly poor internet (normally only 50-100ms ping on mw2 xbox live wireless), i'm 13 and probably shouldn't be bothering you, and i'm in year nine (if you're wondering, i was accelerated twice, yes XD).
Well, Mark from Canberra Australia I was just in your neck of the woods last year. Sydney more so vice near your town. Welcome the boards and post away....G'day mate!

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #79
Elm11

Thanks, also, ugh. I finally found a server with 6 other Aussies, meaning for the first time in my live career i was running on four blocks latency, and i find out i need to be up at 6am tomorrow (it's 11pm for me right now) DX

"In the Absense of orders, go find something and kill it" Erwin Rommel

"In a close quarters fight, the man who wins is the one with an extra round in his magazine" Erwin Rommel

"No-one ever won a war by dying for their country, they did it by making the other bastard die for his!"
General Paton

NEVER QUESTION THE AVATAR
Elm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #80
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Welcome to the boards, glad to hear the guide has been helping you out.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #81
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
Welcome dood! Trust me it's not your internet it's the fact that you live in Australia. I live just on the other side of the U.S. from [SS] Rator and when we play on a server that's way closer to him than me it makes him appear 10x better than the reality.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #82
Bassani

lol, owned...
Old 12-02-2009   #83
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
Welcome dood! Trust me it's not your internet it's the fact that you live in Australia. I live just on the other side of the U.S. from [SS] Rator and when we play on a server that's way closer to him than me it makes him appear 10x better than the reality.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #84
kotaco

You think you guys will ever head up a PS3 Division?

--
kotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #85
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

lol thats's funny. In reality i AM 10x better than you think i am, and the only time we'd ever head up a ps3 division is if we moved the clan to a game on the ps3.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #86
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCOM Unit 1 View Post
You think you guys will ever head up a PS3 Division?
So this being the recruiting thread....you are saying that if we played on the PS3 you would want to volunteer?

This has to be one of the most interesting recruiting requests ever. Heh We have had pushy recruits before, but this is the first that wants us to change consoles for them. You win this.

Heh. Just kidding. I know what you meant.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010   #87
kotaco

Quote:
So this being the recruiting thread....you are saying that if we played on the PS3 you would want to volunteer?

This has to be one of the most interesting recruiting requests ever. Heh We have had pushy recruits before, but this is the first that wants us to change consoles for them. You win this.

Heh. Just kidding. I know what you meant.
haha, noo..

As much as I have always admired and envied [SS] I would never be able to meet your game night requirements with my job.

And I'm 2 years to young for ya too. (say that five times fast lol)

I've been with mXm for 6 years now and have a nice home there. But love to visit!

--
kotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #88
Warlord Kartan

howdy all, just got my account activated, wanted to say hi. apparently, somebody has heard of you guys (obviously, if anyone has bought a guide for MW2 or other guides you helped write), and created his own Sea Snipers clan on the PS3. figured you might want to know, and it would be a great thing to play with you guys on PSN, since none of the clans ive found so far for the PS3 version are very serious or organized at all.
Warlord Kartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #89
Chenzo
Commies Beware

heh... SS posers. Got a link to their site, perhaps?

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010   #90
Warlord Kartan

currently waiting to get said link from said posers. i do have the PSN of their 'recruiter' who says he is with you guys, he actually said he was on here under his PSN, but he isnt. i looked. Anyhow, when i know, you'll know, because posers of any type sicken me. If i wanted ot join you guys, i would buy an Xbox 360 and MW2 for it before i joined a fake clan on the PS3. Unless of course, you guys branched out to the PS3 yourselves.
Warlord Kartan is offline   Reply With Quote