Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2008   #46
LuNcH

I have a few issues that I figured I would share .

The Prox chat is a good feature and I like it ,but I hate the fact that not only does your enemy come across the screen but your team mates also come across the screen as well when close to them.I'm not sure that this is a feature but more of a bug.All clan related chat needs to be through headset weather it is push to talk or open Mic,this really is an issue because you can decipher weather it is an enemy or foe.
Quick select has been really crazy for me,the way it is set up to bring menu up is spot on but when trying to select what weapon I want to change to I have had to take up wards of almost a couple Min's for it to take(Claymore taking the longest).
Knifing has been a real biatch for me,I use precision shooter as my preset well sprinting and me lee are on the same button so every time a team mate is near me and I try to run guess what happends? Yep I slash there head off.I went in last night and changed the button configuration around a little to see if that will help(will update when I try it out) But the only real option was to take the night vision toggle and move to there..Not sure what the right way to go about this is but I will play around with it.
Alot of other issues I'm kinda holding off on to see if they are effected by updates done to servers.

All in all after getting back in the swing of things again I love this game so far.Graphics are good audio is awesome and it has taken enough direction to give us alittle something new but staying with in it elements,now of course this is only one map so based off of that I'm very anxious to get my hands on the full version

LuNcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #47
Tagger

Aside from the server issues it's been fun checking out the new Xroads. Like Midnight I was lost at first. But after stumbling around a while the map starts to look familiar in certain spots and the gameplay kicks in. Then the real fun begins. Prox chat is ok. I'm still not sold on it. I agree there should be a prox-mute option available. I'll have to adjust the six-axis settings per the suggestions here. I guess I feel like Neo does .... kinda strange trying to tilt the controller while actuating buttons at the same time. The gameplay is SOCOM ......and after getting familiar with the map again, it feels comfortable. I like the pace of the games. I am a CoD fan too. But, I've seen enough in this beta to know I'll be back on SOCOM for the full release. Hope to see some of you guys enjoying the full game too.
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008   #48
DatGuy

good to hear you like it Tagger!

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #49
[SS]ProXimo
Proximo Studios

By the way. I am really happy you guys like my chat mode. I let Slant Six use it.

Prox Out.

[SS]ProXimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008   #50
DatGuy

lol Prox

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008   #51
PAs_SCORPION
Professional Assassin

minor question/complaint clan tag in the select screen.. hook it up. lol. ok I'm done..

man I am easy. ;)
PAs_SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #52
Tagger

Yea Dat it's been ok so far aside from the loading issues they addressed yesterday. Good job on fixing that. So, things are working smoother. As others have complained already, I wish the servers wouldn't go into freeze mode. This is something that usually happens right as I'm lining up a shot and then when the action restarts after the .5-1 second of frozen screen I can never get aligned and have to give up a shot. Ah well. It's a beta.

The over the shoulder view is cool. But, I still prefer the classic from-behind the character view combined with the D-pad for corner peeking. Maybe I'm getting too old to learn new tricks. Any chance we'll have 1st person as an option? There's some discussion on the PS boards about it. It's very practical for looking out of windows and shrubs. That's where the OTS view becomes more of a hinderance than a good thing.

Overall I like what Slant Six has done with the game and I'm looking forward to the full release. Even with some of the issues we are having I'll be satisfied so long as the developer stays in touch with and responds to community feedback. That's the key, in my opinion.

Dat, are you still working with Slant Six now?

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008   #53
Drunk_Couzens

I think the game is running great, besides obvious network latency in game. The only thing that bugs me, is when you switch to classic socom view. When you do this, it takes your camera from default OTS view and takes it back to 3rd person......this is great. The part I dont like is now when you go to zoom in to go to 1st person or scope, the first view you go to is back to OTS, then to 1st person. Now I think the OTS view is cool and all, but its not for me. I wish when you go to classic view, hitting up will take you from 3rd >1st > scoped. Hope and option for this is available, if not, no biggy, still love the game.

.Game Over.  Add Me: PSN Handle = Drunk_Couzens
Drunk_Couzens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #54
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuNcH View Post
I have a few issues that I figured I would share .

The Prox chat is a good feature and I like it ,but I hate the fact that not only does your enemy come across the screen but your team mates also come across the screen as well when close to them.I'm not sure that this is a feature but more of a bug.All clan related chat needs to be through headset weather it is push to talk or open Mic,this really is an issue because you can decipher weather it is an enemy or foe.
Quick select has been really crazy for me,the way it is set up to bring menu up is spot on but when trying to select what weapon I want to change to I have had to take up wards of almost a couple Min's for it to take(Claymore taking the longest).
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, I'm great at SOCOM, blah, blah, blah, Chief is my hero, blah, blah, blah
I have an issue I to would like to share.

Lunch

Okay that was it...thanks.
(joking lunch...take it easy)

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"

Last edited by [SS]Chief : 09-20-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: To make it funnier!
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #55
NEO-X

Id like to at least have the option to have all mic chatter come through the mic, HOWEVER... it is very realistic to have it out of the tv.. makes more sense from a realism perspective.

If a team mate is standing next to you, you could just talk to him In real life, alternatively you could just key up on your mic, but that would be like having a cell phone conversation with a person who is directly in front of you.

So, while I appreciate the realism, I guess... Im just really used to having anything "non game noise" related come out of my headset.

Just a matter of preference I guess...

I do enjoy it however... Thought it was a really nice touch out of the speakers.

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #56
LuNcH

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
I have an issue I to would like to share.

Lunch

Okay that was it...thanks.
(joking lunch...take it easy)

I see they allow all ther trouble makers in here these days.Rator you better take care of this matter asap.This new guy chief is running around like he is god in a kimono.

LuNcH is offline   Reply With Quote