Old 03-11-2010   #46
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

It is plenty fun for the xbox.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #47
[SSr]LouSaynis

The way they set up BFBC2 compared to 2142, it works for the 360. On highway Tampa, the sides of the map weren't measured in meters, they were measured in kilometers effectively meaning that if you spawn at base and had no vehicle, you were fucked. With maps that big, the 64-player limit was fine because the people were generally spread out. While the maps an BFBC2 are pretty big compared to MW2, they are tiny compared to 2142 and a 64-player limit would lag the server beyond imagination. As for the Titan mode, when I miss it, I just pop in my 2142 disc and go play it, Titans couldn't work in BFBC2 a. because the maps are too small. b. no way to get there except for an extremely skilled pilot able to maneuver around the AA defenses AND land safely on the rear deck (The transports were a lot faster in 2142) and c. 2142 is set 132 years in the future. I'm sure that there are a lot of people (like me) who are hoping for a 2143. Who knows, at some point, we might see Camp Gib. in the DLC. That map was actually small enough to where it could be used for BFBC2.
So as the game currently is, it works perfectly fine for Xbox and PS3, which EA/DICE took into consideration when they were designing the game. And while I whole-heartedly agree that the heart of the BF franchise is in the computer, There are massive amounts of customers out there on the Xbox 360 and PS3 that will buy and play this game. Why not sell it to them?
Old 03-11-2010   #48
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Yea actually BFBC is console first, pc second. The last full on BF there was for the pc first was heroes i think, then before that, 2142?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #49
DatGuy

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-paying.aspx##

they take a nice little stab at the MW2 "mapathy" site there....

good news...FREE MAPS!

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #50
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

That's great.

I really do not get this competitiveness between the two titles. They are very different game types. This game can never take the place of what MW2 offers, and vice versa.

Old 03-11-2010   #51
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

True - I could actually care less about what one wants to stab at the other with. Lots of companies charge for downloadable content, some do not. If Activision wants to charge, let 'em.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #52
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Its an attempt to "steal" players, especially on the PC side, in the wake of the IW.net that pc gamers are hating on.

They offer everything for PC gamers that MW2 doesnt. Kind of a desperate/kick you while youre down move in my opinion. I'd personally let my game speak for itself. This is kind of like washington politics, dont tell us how awesome you are, tell us how unawesome the other guy is.

I think that's a weak way to go about it and doesn't show much faith in your product, but the game looks good, and gameplay is king, not politics.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #53
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
Its an attempt to "steal" players, especially on the PC side, in the wake of the IW.net that pc gamers are hating on.

They offer everything for PC gamers that MW2 doesnt. Kind of a desperate/kick you while youre down move in my opinion. I'd personally let my game speak for itself. This is kind of like washington politics, dont tell us how awesome you are, tell us how unawesome the other guy is.

I think that's a weak way to go about it and doesn't show much faith in your product, but the game looks good, and gameplay is king, not politics.
IMO the game does speak for itself, its really well done and amazingly fun to play. The visuals seem much sharper and less, shiny(I guess thats the best way to put it).

these free maps are just another bonus from a publisher working to take back the FPS genre in the wake of all the failures of MW2(im not talking sales)

Old 03-11-2010   #54
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

MW2 wasn't a failure. All you're expressing is your opinion of the game itself. If you didn't care for the game, you just didn't care for it. Don't throw in bugs/glitches/etc. into the mix, because IW is still supporting the game and delivering fixes and patches. If they didn't suport or believe in the product, then it would be a failure - like some games we formerly played...It's easy to say, "It should never have been delivered with those problems..." Except that IW didn't create the problems - if people play the game straight up - there's no problems. All it takes is one asshat to hack/mod their system and break the code of the game. MW2 wasn't the first game to get hacked and it won't be the last. MW2 still has over 800,000 people playing it online during peak hours on a daily basis. That's not a failure.

I played the demo of BFBC and enjoyed it - but I've always liked the Battlefield series on the PC. Comparing the 2 games is just pointless. Coming here and offering your opinion as fact is much the same.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
Old 03-11-2010   #55
DatGuy

That little IMO means In My Opinion...I never passed it off as fact.

IMO <--- see I did it again

MW2's MP is subpar, they tried to add way too much BS and the gameplay suffers because of it, it is much better playing the way the SEAL league is played because all of the shit that takes enjoyment out of the game is disabled leaving you with a shooter.

Old 03-11-2010   #56
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Yes we get it. You never liked MW2. That is clear. Can we please talk more about BFBC2 in the BFBC2 thread and less (or none at all) about MW2 here?

BFBC2 is very in depth in the online. I would like to know where I can go online for resources on information about the game. Like guide type info. Weapons, equipment, what you need to do to unlock what. I am half tempted to get the guide. It is like $10 at amazon.

Old 03-11-2010   #57
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
Yes we get it. You never liked MW2. That is clear. Can we please talk more about BFBC2 in the BFBC2 thread and less (or none at all) about MW2 here?

BFBC2 is very in depth in the online. I would like to know where I can go online for resources on information about the game. Like guide type info. Weapons, equipment, what you need to do to unlock what. I am half tempted to get the guide. It is like $10 at amazon.
its mostly about playing and racking up XP with each class midnight. also in the main menu if you go to the weapons and gadgets under the multiplayer tab, it tells you how to unlock everything and how much XP is required

Old 03-12-2010   #58
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post

Dat you're such a doorknob IMO...see I was able to use it correctly! Thank-you for explaining that to me goofball.

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive...grrrr, stupid overseas mail and stuff.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #59
Elm11

=/ right now i'm getting kinda annoyed, because for some reason it keeps saying "unable to connect to EA master server" when my internet is just fine. I guess these are the "connection problems being experienced by some users" that the underscrolling message board was referring to. and this is after finally getting the PB to stop disconnecting me. But hey, when the game actually works, it rocks something fierce.

Ah hah! found the issue. i forgot to check the main site before i came here bitching.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/Default.aspx##

"Tomorrow, 12th March, and Saturday, 13th March at 8:00GMT/9:00 CET:12:00 (midnight) PST, EA will take the servers down, this time we will come up with even more hardware with more capacity to handle all the BFBC2 traffic. Once the maintenance is complete you will experience an improvement to your online experience.

This will be extended maintenance to allow the new hardware to be installed and affect all three platforms (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360).

Maintenance on Friday 12th will last for 4 hours - 8:00 GMT to 12:00 midday GMT/9:00 CET to 13:00 CET/12:00 midnight PST to 4:00 PST.

Since launch a week ago, BFBC2 has already put EA servers through the following stress:

The 4 different soldier types have gathered a score of more than 34 Billion.
There's been more than 400M kills made.
1.3M roadkills
Squads and Teams have assisted each other to 6.2 Billion points.

Now we are adding more capacity to let you smash those numbers multiple times over in the weeks to come."

"In the Absense of orders, go find something and kill it" Erwin Rommel

"In a close quarters fight, the man who wins is the one with an extra round in his magazine" Erwin Rommel

"No-one ever won a war by dying for their country, they did it by making the other bastard die for his!"
General Paton

NEVER QUESTION THE AVATAR

Last edited by Elm11 : 03-12-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Elm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #60
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post

MW2's MP is subpar, they tried to add way too much BS and the gameplay suffers because of it, it is much better playing the way the SEAL league is played because all of the shit that takes enjoyment out of the game is disabled leaving you with a shooter.
Sorry Dat - I read your above 2 paragraphs as 2 seperate statements.