Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2011   #421
Tagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
I got "Infected" by a friend from work. If anyone wants me to stab them just let me know.
I dare you to say that outside this forum.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #422
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Heh. You shoulda saved that for when I get the STD title.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #423
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Woke up a nice little surprise this morning:

Call of Duty Says Happy Holidays with Double XP and a Prestige Token for Elite Members
Quote:
Premium Call of Duty Elite Subscribers got a couple stocking stuffers on Christmas Eve for use in Modern Warfare 3. They'll get an extra two hours of double XP play, and a Prestige Token that can be redeemed for more XP time or other perks in the game's Prestige Shop.

Beachhead Studio and the Call of Duty Elite team sent out the notice to subscribers earlier this afternoon, so if you are one, check your email. The goods have already been deposited into your account. The two hours of double XP will kick in next time you play the game. To see your remaining time, visit "Barracks" in Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer menu and look for the gold XP icon at the bottom of your player stats.

The Prestige Token has also been automatically added to Elite subscribers accounts. Again, choose Barracks from the multiplayer menu and then Prestige Shop to see what you can buy with it.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #424
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

From here:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere....

Quote:
Infinity Ward has just announced that Call of Duty – Modern Warfare 3 will finally get its first DLC this coming January 24, 2012. Call of Duty Elite members will be getting hold of the DLC on Xbox Live first. Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward’s creative strategist, said that MW3 will be offering a wide variety of DLCs compared to previous titles in the series. IW, Raven and Sledgehammer are currently working on game updates.

Bowling said that, “The way we’re doing downloadable content this year is unlike we’ve never done before. Not only in how you can get it – in content drops or choose for the collection – but also the type of content you’re getting. We’re doing more than just maps. We’re going to do Spec Ops missions and a variety of things that players have never seen before. He also said that it is a great thing that three developers are contributing to a season of MW3 content. There is an Xbox 360 exclusivity deal. So, it is not yet known if the DLCs will be getting to PS3 and PC Elite subscribers a lot later after 360 gamers get theirs. Right now there are not a lot of details about this matter yet:

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #425
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post
Woke up a nice little surprise this morning:

Call of Duty Says Happy Holidays with Double XP and a Prestige Token for Elite Members
I got this too - then said, "Fuck it!" and went and Prestiged....LOL

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011   #426
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
I was just prepping you for the inevitable demise of PC gaming. (I've heard it from a couple of studios)

Anyone looking at those numbers will NOT be able to justify the man hours it takes to do the PC version. I wonder if they even broke even.

I think that's too bad, really. Like you (and you and I have had this convo before), I grew up on the arcade and PC gaming. But the truth of the matter is this, it is far cheaper for the individual to own a console and hook it up to their television, than it is to go the cheapest route possible by purchasing the parts and making the PC themselves that will be powerful enough to run the latest hi-res games that require the latest and greatest video card. PC gaming can not compete with the consoles. Aside from the game apps for the Mac and Windows machines (as well as the smart phones and touch pads), I think PC gaming will be non-existant in 5 years time.

Yes, you'll still have your EverQuesters and people playing World of Warcraft - but those type games will be the only ones keeping it going. Everything else will be console based because it will be cheaper to create, and they will be able to sell more.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
Old 12-27-2011   #427
Tagger

Y'all might be right. But, I just bought a PC (AMD Phenom II w/an HD6850 and 8G RAM) for a couple of reasons. One, iRacing does not run on consoles (yet). Two, I think my second PS3 is about to die (it's a refurb). Three, I miss having a desktop for the PC games that are available (I miss playing Company of Heroes and Age of Empires). Four, I will now be able to play BF3 on PC if I choose to buy a copy and my iRacing will be done at around 140-150FPS instead of the current 51FPS I get on my laptop.

So, I may wait until the next generation of consoles before I make another console purchase. My issue with consoles is they are narrow in terms of what they can do out of the list of things I want to do. I'm not arguing PC vs Console. I just want a PC for the reasons I listed. I'll probably always have both from now on.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #428
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

I could see consoles putting pc to death someday, but not until another batch of consoles come out, xbox 720, ps4 etc..

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #429
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Wally View Post
I could see consoles putting pc to death someday, but not until another batch of consoles come out, xbox 720, ps4 etc..
I agree, which is why I give it 5 years. If rumors are correct - expect the next batch between 2013 and 2014.

Old 12-27-2011   #430
DatGuy

well, the next round of consoles won't even be as powerful as the PC I have right now...and I have plenty of room to upgrade currently.

PC gaming has its core that will never go away...the only reason you see large numbers of people playing consoles these days is because they are easy for people who don't want to to bothered with PCs.

Consoles will never have the benefits that PC gaming does because its not an open platform...the online will never be as good because they won't put in a dedicated server system that the PCs have.

I could go on and on...but the bottom line is this. Consoles are quick and easy and provide an adequate experience to the average consumer. For people wanting more, PC offers a world of customization and a top tier experience for those people.

bottom line...PC gaming isn't going anywhere.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #431
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Consoles do not have to match the top of the line gaming PC's to be successful. They are able to do A LOT with mediocre hardware (today's mediocre hardware is easily 2-3 times as powerful as the current consoles) and the real punch is that it will be 2-3 times (or more) cheaper than the mid to high end gaming machines.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #432
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
well, the next round of consoles won't even be as powerful as the PC I have right now...and I have plenty of room to upgrade currently.

PC gaming has its core that will never go away...the only reason you see large numbers of people playing consoles these days is because they are easy for people who don't want to to bothered with PCs.

Consoles will never have the benefits that PC gaming does because its not an open platform...the online will never be as good because they won't put in a dedicated server system that the PCs have.

I could go on and on...but the bottom line is this. Consoles are quick and easy and provide an adequate experience to the average consumer. For people wanting more, PC offers a world of customization and a top tier experience for those people.

bottom line...PC gaming isn't going anywhere.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket there DG.

Let's go back to MW2 and dedicated servers. Oh. Wait. They dropped that. PC gamers decided to not buy the game and even threatened to pirate the game.

PC gamers need console gamers but console gamers don’t necessarily need PC gamers. You can argue that PC gamers are the reason video games are so common but in actuality, console gamers make up a larger portion of the gaming population. When developers finally stop appeasing PC gamers (which they've already started doing), console gamers will be able to flourish, playing all the latest greatest games without having to refresh their desktop computer every 2 years.

Again, PC gaming isn't dead, yet. But based on recent sales and figures of people playing PC games online (subtracting of course the WoW type monthly pay games), it won't be too long before you start seeing complete abandonment of developers catering to the PC crowd.

Like I mentioned before, I give it 5 years before developers start figuring out that their bread and butter is no longer on a PC, but on a console.

Old 12-27-2011   #433
S10Draven
bitch

pc gaming will never die....farmville for life baby!!!!
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011   #434
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

ive talked to at least two devs that have told me that its not worth it. its not a debate on whats better, its what makes you the most cash, and pcs are not currently doing that.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #435
S10Draven
bitch

exactly...they are there to make money and if pc games arent pulling in enough cash to make it worth while then they wont do it....sadly im a strictly console gamer because i dont wanna have to upgrade something to play a game. i can buy a 360/ps3 plop in a game and play as long as i want.
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote