Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2011   #301
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani View Post
Sorry, but that is proof that the spawn system is broke. For 1 guy just to sit there camping a spawn to knife ppl in the back, I mean common...
Way I figure, there are like 4-5 spawn points. So they have guys stand by all the points doing basically the same thing. Killing guys right when they spawn.

Maybe if they stand ON a point, it forces respawns to another point. So by standing on all but two points, they can force the teams to spawn there.

But what about respawn delays? and wouldn't the other team just leave??? Maybe the video is rigged.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #302
Bassani

I doubt that it was rigged, just a clan that spawn traps & is good at it. It sucks that there isn't other spawns though like on the other side of the map. I would have left that game long ago if I were in it... lol
Old 02-28-2011   #303
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Shooter View Post
Way I figure, there are like 4-5 spawn points. So they have guys stand by all the points doing basically the same thing. Killing guys right when they spawn.

Maybe if they stand ON a point, it forces respawns to another point. So by standing on all but two points, they can force the teams to spawn there.

But what about respawn delays? and wouldn't the other team just leave??? Maybe the video is rigged.
it was Demolition though shooter, there are no respawn delays in that mode

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #304
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

It was rigged for sure, like Chief said. 2 guys on the other team, on the same console, with 200+ deaths each? Bullshit, nobody would sit through that shit, no way.

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #305
Bassani

You can't rig a spawn, the only thing that you can really rig out of it is to have a friend on the other team that you know wont quit out to keep the game going. It does show how bad the spawn system is / can be though...
Old 02-28-2011   #306
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Video is no longer available. But I get the gist of what is in it. The devs never wanted us to put the spawns in the guides cause they knew it would be exploited. Problem is that they ARE exploitable.

Maybe giving us a choice or just making sure to spawn folks in an area that the enemy is not in. That of course would require them to create more spawn zones then they currently have.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #307
[SSr]LouSaynis

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
Video is no longer available.
fix'd
Old 03-01-2011   #308
Bassani

• 2/28/11 (Title Update 7)

Issues Addressed:
  • • Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
  • • The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
  • • Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
  • • Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
  • • Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
  • • Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
  • • Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
  • • Additional security feature updates.

Gameplay Tuning:
  • • Additional sniper rifle tuning.
Old 03-01-2011   #309
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Zombie's!!

From here

Black Ops Easter Eggs Hint at New Zombie Map

The latest map pack for Call of Duty Black Ops gave Zombie Mode fans a huge surprise in the form a pretty elaborate easter egg on Ascension. Which has kicked speculation into high gear when it comes to what's next for Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC. One member at Se7enSins discovered a possible easter egg on the firing range map that might give some hints as to the setting of the next DLC.

Alone this might seem like much. A sign outside of the map on firing range was found. The images above is the image in question, and can be found just outside the fence behind the trailer in D2. And if this wasn't enough there are also other hints littered throughout the map. A teddy bear is located in the garage building in the rafters, and pack-a-punch flags can also be found throughout the map if you look carefully.

Now with the sign in the picture saying April 7th, 68 some are starting to postulate that the next map pack can be expected around then. Nothing has been announced byTreyarch but one can assume that there is indeed another map pack on the way.

If you haven't caught glimpse of the Ascension Easter Egg here is a good video caught on Youtube that can bring you up to speed.

I didn't really see the Easter Egg unless it's the light that leaves?

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011   #310
Bassani

BTW, this is an actual patch as well, it's a quick 2 second download...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani View Post
  • 2/28/11 (Title Update 7)

Issues Addressed:
  • • Matchmaking improvements to return higher quality results faster. This change includes settings that are tunable in the live environment, so tweaking may continue beyond initial release of this update.
  • • The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
  • • Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely. Required timing-specific button presses.
  • • Split screen players are now able to change camera perspectives and cycle through players as a spectator.
  • • Addressed an issue where the most recent match played in Zombies could overwrite the best match played on the leaderboard.
  • • Improved Zombies lobbies to prevent players from erroneously receiving the error “Unable to join game session” under certain circumstances.
  • • Addressed a number of community-discovered Zombies gameplay exploits.
  • • Additional security feature updates.

Gameplay Tuning:
  • • Additional sniper rifle tuning.
Old 03-01-2011   #311
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

I like to post a lot.

Old 03-01-2011   #312
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Really I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
I like to post a lot.

Old 03-02-2011   #313
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

dth is doing a myth a day for the month of March. Here's the first installment:

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 03-02-2011   #314
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

From here:

Black Ops double XP this weekend

Level up on all platforms from Friday to Monday

Treyarch has said that Call of Duty: Black Ops players will get double XP this weekend on all platforms.

Community manager Josh Olin said on Twitter: "Double-XP will begin at approx. 10a PST on Friday, March 4th. It ends the same time Monday. All Platforms."

The double XP weekend will follow the arrival of the First Strike map pack and a new patch for the PS3 version on March 3.

Treyarch released title update 7 for the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops yesterday.

Old 03-02-2011   #315
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERDRIVE4825 View Post
Looks like they got in trouble...

500 Kills In Black Ops Gets Player Banned

Earlier this week a YouTube video blew up on across the gaming world. The video featured a player who by the end of the game had over 500 kills and only 8 deaths. The players had locked down each spawn point and appeared to have a few people on the other team who helped.

Fifteen minutes of fame has turned into Activision temporarily banning the accounts and resetting the ranks of these players. According to the community manager, it is a form of boosting and you don't want to be caught doing it.