Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2009   #16
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

"cool" lol "thanks", you can post your thoughts on CODW@W in here...

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9968

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009   #17
Bassani

Old 03-09-2009   #18
[SS]Rator

Thanks Bass. If anyone does know the release date, please post it up, thanks!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 03-09-2009   #19
Bassani

Ive heard Friday the 13th, but nothing has been confirmed except for March of 09, Somehow that got confused with March 9th and that is where that came from...

Nothing about it on JD's Twitter or the CoD HQ site that I can find.
Old 03-31-2009   #20
Bassani

Hotfix...

http://www.callofduty.com/board/view...4283553632d47a
  • MP Castle is secure – you can no longer get under the map
  • Proactively addressed a few potential exploitable MP locations in other maps
  • Addressed all known Nazi Zombie exploits to-date
Guess the MP Matchmaking is still an issue???
Old 03-31-2009   #21
DatGuy

guess so

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009   #22
Bassani

Released today...

Hi all,

There is speculation on what today’s TU addressed, so I wanted to dispel that and lay out precisely what was included.

First, we have been very aware of the recent illegal “hacks” that some users have been performing, some of which were spreading to other players who happened to play with these offending users. Because of the urgency of this exploit, we have fast-tracked an “Emergency TU” which is what you will download today when you boot up CoD:WaW.

This TU will address all known ways to modify the game. We will continue to investigate other methods to similarly mod the game for inclusion in future TU’s as well.

What exactly was going on?
Some users found a way to manually edit their Xbox 360 profile data. These profiles are encrypted and signed by Microsoft, so this was a non-trivial process. However, once that was accomplished, they were able to edit various game-changing variables which affected Multiplayer.

Note: performing these actions is a blatant and extremely serious violation of Microsoft license agreements. The consequences of these actions are severe – if you are caught hacking or playing a hacked version of the game, especially by interfering with Microsoft’s security systems, there is a high probability that you will be banned from Xbox Live, possibly permanently. While some may think it is “fun” or gives them some kind of short-term advantage, the long-term penalties are not worth it, I promise you. We have been collecting a list of users who we know to have hacked these security systems and are in discussion with Microsoft about next steps.

What could these modders do?
It is important to note that the security of your personal information was never at risk. The only things accomplishable by these mods were game-changing settings. The modded profiles affected a number of games, CoD:WaW included

Some settings could “spread” or “infect” other players, if the modded user was the host of a match. These newly infected users, when hosting, could then spread the settings to others. This continued until you restarted your game.

Did this TU address Matchmaking?
Yes. Ironically enough, when the reports of the game mods started to surface we had just finished work on an improvement to Matchmaking aimed at speeding up the process, as well as adding stability and party cohesion when searching for a match.

It is expected that search times will be improved, and your large parties will no longer break up when searching for matches. There will be continued improvements to this system in our next TU release as well.

Do not delete Makin Day! This was a band-aid “fix” some users have been suggesting to other peers. The reason this appeared to improve your matchmaking efficiency is because once you had removed Makin Day, there was a much smaller subset of players to search through for matching (since most players have Makin Day) – this will actually decrease the overall performance of finding reliable hosts and matches, and is not recommended.

Did this TU address Stats Resetting?
No. As described in the other Sticky post, this issue is much more complex and we are still testing the new profile backup / restore system we have designed. I know that my last post regarding Stats Resetting said it would be included in our “next TU”, but perhaps that should have been written as “our next planned TU” =D.

Hopefully that addresses the questions regarding today’s updates. We take illegal modding of Multiplayer very seriously, and understand the impact it has on the players.

Please report any new instances you find of game modding after your get this new TU, and let us know how your Matchmaking experiences have changed since this update.

Thank you, and regards,
-JD
Old 04-24-2009   #23
[SS]Rator

cool thanks. they are on top of things.

Old 04-24-2009   #24
DatGuy

yeah that had to be addressed immediately.

good thing they got the matchmaking fixed too, hopefully it runs smooth now

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote