Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2006   #16
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Cool.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006   #17
revscott
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Tell you what Rator, after looking into it I have come to the conclusion that I need more experience with PHP! lol

Putting up the tiny site pics would be a larger undertaking than I have time to do right now! So I'll save that for a nice rainy day! lol

The rest of you clans out there should sign up. I'd like to see this become the largest Socom Site Portal on the web! It'll be great for directing traffic to your site and finding new soldiers for your clan!

revscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006   #18
Pai-Mei
Ensign

It is kind of addicting to go into it everyday and see where your clan stands for the days hits. It is also a great way to see what clan have alot of traffic, aka friends...lol.

Pai-Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006   #19
revscott
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Just to let you all know, We have been having some trouble on the Top Socom Sites over the past 24 hours, Changes have been completed on the Site. Sorry it took a little long than I thought it would, There is a new way of tracking your site, Hope you enjoy the new format. I put up a little Q&A / FAQ page to help you all understand the changes. You can find it here http://revclan.us/revTopSites/TopSitesQA.htm
or you can visit the links on the pages of the site.

Old 06-16-2006   #20
NEO-X

Quote:
Originally posted by revscott
/ I put up a little Q&A / FAQ page to help you all understand the changes. You can find it here http://revclan.us/revTopSites/TopSitesQA.htm
or you can visit the links on the pages of the site.
Awesome ... Thanks

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #21
revscott
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Glad I could help.

Now we just have to get Rator to put that link in his forum so we can start tracking this powerhouse of a site! lol
usasmiley
and get the rest of those good clans up there!

Old 07-11-2006   #22
NEO-X

I agree w/ Rev...

Rator.. dude, you need to put that little pic up on your site.. although it doesnt "match" with your theme.. its such a shame to not see your clan in the top 10 at least.. This site get waaaaaaaaaaay too much traffic for that not to be reflected on the Top 50 site.

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #23
[SS]Rator

lol, thanks for the compliments guys. And not to discount the site, but its a popularity contest. Its how many people do you have in your clan and how many of them will vote for you each day. The sites are not listed based on any other criteria.

Id rather see it set up like alphabetically or something then if you want, have a council of Rev members vote on the quality and content of each of the sites, not just let a freewebs clan site with 200 members be in the top, lol. No offense to you freewebs users, ahahaa...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 07-11-2006   #24
revscott
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Actually I have it set up a little different than most Top Sites, This one set to track how many unique hits your site sees each day (on average) There really is no voting.

But there is a Rate and Review system in place that allows people to place comments and rate your site based on the experience they had on visiting. But this has no bearing on how the site is ranked.

But I do have to say that it really does Boil down to a popularity contest, But it more about the popularity of the clans site that matters, The more activity a site sees the higher it is ranked.

Old 07-11-2006   #25
[SS]Rator

I didnt mean any disrespect at all. But yea its like how many votes can you get a day. Some of the design awards i've won are voted on by a council of judges based on certain criteria. Like there may be a content judge, a design judge, an overall quality judge etc.

You may want to think about organizing the clans instead of or in addition to the rankings. You can have like 18 and over clans, game battles clans, fun clans, east coast/west coast, and so on. Might make it easier for people to find clans based on certain criteria. Just a thought. And again, no offense at all. We appreciate your work totally.
bigclap