Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2011   #271
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

Yeah there's no levelling in B3 at all.

I bought it, and I'm gonna be waiting for MW3 to come out. Battlefield Bad Company 3?
Pretty much.

I'm sure PC version is better, but I play console and it will be on CoD.

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #272
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Hey! Mark Rubin in that last clip Chief posted was our go-to-guy/contact while we worked on the MW2 guide. Awesome guy.

I see what you are saying DG and I know why you do not like it. But from what I see my guess is this: Activision sees WOW working very well. People get addicted to all the leveling of multiple types in that game and it looks like they are working to make the COD series similar in that you have to level this and level that and then level the other thing.

This creates goals for each player to set for every aspect of the game. Increases the playability of the game. How? Well when you get board with just playing normal you can then work on some leveling goals. Once you complete that goal there is another to work on. The average player will take 12 or more months to go through all the prestige's in previous games. They are just building on that to make the game last as long as it possibly can. Kinda like a MMO, without being an MMO. Though to be honest it is not too far off from it.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #273
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Modern Warfare 3 gets pirated, Activision dishes out fines of $5,000.

Quote:
With Activision’s Modern Warfare 3 expected to be released on the 8th of November, it seems that there are reports that some of the discs have been stolen from its shipping warehouse in Fresno, California and has already been making its way around the internet as well as being delivered to some users’ homes as pirated discs.

The good news is that whoever stole the disc from the shipping warehouse only managed to get their hands on Disc 2 of the two disc set, which means that users will not be able to play the game as they will require Disc 1. Activision has filed a police report and investigators are going around people’s houses, asking them to delete their pirated copies and to turn any pirated discs over.

Many have complied since it’s preferable to facing legal action and a possible fine, although there have been reports where several users have been required to pay a $5,000 fine for their misdeed. If this sounds familiar, it’s because a similar incident happened with Modern Warfare 2. Let’s hope that this does not become a habit for Activision.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #274
SinlessViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]SportoFu View Post

I bought it, and I'm gonna be waiting for MW3 to come out. Battlefield Bad Company 3?
Pretty much.

Im pretty sure you can prestige on BF3 too, i saw quite a few ppl on the beta at like 2nd 50th.

ill soon find out only 41 more levels to go lol

Im not European... Its like Herpes we just got to live with it.
PEW PEW

Forza 4 - Evolution Racing Team
SinlessViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #275
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

If you’ve always wanted to work at Infinity Ward here’s your chance. Two jobs have posted:

Executive Assistant

Senior Environment Artist

You could draw tree’s all day....what joy!?

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 10-30-2011   #276
SinlessViper

lol sounds right up my tree that does ;)

Im not European... Its like Herpes we just got to live with it.
PEW PEW

Forza 4 - Evolution Racing Team
SinlessViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #277
S10Draven
bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
Hey! Mark Rubin in that last clip Chief posted was our go-to-guy/contact while we worked on the MW2 guide. Awesome guy.

I see what you are saying DG and I know why you do not like it. But from what I see my guess is this: Activision sees WOW working very well. People get addicted to all the leveling of multiple types in that game and it looks like they are working to make the COD series similar in that you have to level this and level that and then level the other thing.

This creates goals for each player to set for every aspect of the game. Increases the playability of the game. How? Well when you get board with just playing normal you can then work on some leveling goals. Once you complete that goal there is another to work on. The average player will take 12 or more months to go through all the prestige's in previous games. They are just building on that to make the game last as long as it possibly can. Kinda like a MMO, without being an MMO. Though to be honest it is not too far off from it.
these games are nothing like a mmo.
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #278
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Exclusive Modern Warfare 3 Livestream on 11/1

Quote:
Wanna check out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 a week before you can play it? I know we do!

Tune in to IGN's exclusive MW3 Livestream, right here, on Tuesday, November 1, 2011, from 12-4pm PST.

We'll have exclusive all-new gameplay, get your questions answered by Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling, and have a chance to win a copy of Modern Warfare 3 on the platform of your choice, Turtle Beach BRAVO headsets, PDP MW3 controllers and much, much more.

You just have to watch and tweet @IGN with the tag #MW3.

Old 11-01-2011   #279
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]SportoFu View Post

Pretty much.

MW is designed for consoles and thats why it hasnt changed in the last 4 years. You cant really innovate on 5 year old hardware.

Battlefield on PC is just a glorious battle of awesome...I couldnt imagine only playing it with 12 people per side...it was seem VERY empty

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #280
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Man I just bought 2 bags of Doritos and both of the codes (conveniently located on the OUTSIDE of the bag) were already used. Go figure. Whoever had the bright idea to put the codes on the outside of the bag needs to get fired. That was just stupid.

Old 11-02-2011   #281
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

The turning on and off feature is just plain MONEY!! Finally, WE as the community can make our own modes. I also like the feature where you can upload it to the Elite service for others to use.

From what I also understand, if there’s a certain mode or setting that IW notices folks are playing. They might put it in the permanent rotation. Now that would be great...

Last edited by [SS]Chief : 11-02-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-02-2011   #282
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Yes. That is a gift that will keep on giving. There is no limit to the things we can come up with to play. I love it!

Old 11-04-2011   #283
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Kmart sold Modern Warfare 3 early, copies wind up on eBay

However, his update says it all:

[update: pre-release play not authorized by Activision]

Quote:
Rumors have been circulating today that Kmart stores have been selling copies of Modern Warfare 3 prior to its official debut next week. It's clear that a handful of copies were definitely sold, as several eBay listings for the game have been popping up (and taken down) all day.

At least one listing that is still active does indeed include a picture of a Kmart receipt. It seems the company got wise to the error, as all the locations we called reported the November 8 release. We suppose if you really want MW3 five days early, you might be able to snag one. Of course, that's assuming you're willing to pay upwards of $100 and the listing survives underneath eBay's watchful gaze.

Incidentally, if you find yourself with a legitimate retail Xbox copy, don't worry about playing it early. Stephen Toulouse, Microsoft's Xbox Live guru, has given the all-clear on Twitter.

Update: Stephen Toulouse has posted a new update on Twitter, stating that Activision has not authorized pre-release play of Modern Warfare 3. According to Toulouse, "Playing early may impact your account!" Seems a bit unfair to anyone who may have legitimately purchased the game from a retailer, but there you go.

Old 11-04-2011   #284
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
Yes. That is a gift that will keep on giving. There is no limit to the things we can come up with to play. I love it!
Nice, turn off kill streaks and your g2go. Now can the public come into these rooms?

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #285
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

From OneOfSwords blog: http://oneofswords.com/2011/11/last-...te-launch-faq/

Quote:
Last-minute MW3/Elite launch FAQ

by Dan on November 4, 2011

Oh, the last weekend before a Call of Duty game launch is exciting — and by exciting I mean exhausting, frustrating, and more than a little insane. I will try to tackle some of the common questions I’ve fielded this week in hopes that people will now know what to expect — and what not to expect, in some cases. I will update this as I learn more info.

I attended Call of Duty XP 2011. When will I get my copy of Hardened Edition MW3?
The plan is to have it in your hands on November 8, same as all other players. Since it is a physical delivery, you might want to make arrangements with a neighbor if you’re not going to be around to get the package. A rumor went around saying XP attendees would get it early, but I asked and was told the plan is delivery on release date.

Where can I get Hardened Edition?
I do not know of anybody who is still taking preorders on the limited Hardened Edition of MW3. Call your local store to see if they have any left or are expecting any to come in. Maybe someone canceled a preorder and you’ll get lucky.

When will the PC game preload for digital download customers?
Preloads started rolling out Friday afternoon. You have all weekend to get the data, which is plenty of time before it is activated on Tuesday.

When is MW3 coming out for Wii?
When I reported on this a few months ago, there were still many questions, including the game’s release date. I’m happy to say MW3 will ship November 8 in the US and about a week later in European territories. Check with your local retailer to find out exactly when they expect it in.

Is Activision banning people who play MW3 online before Tuesday?
I heard a lot of people think that was true, but it doesn’t look like it, based on this tweet from fourzerotwo:

No plans to ban legit fans, but try to wait til midnight launch on Tuesday to play #MW3. Can’t wait to jump online with everyone then!

When does Call of Duty Elite go live?
It was always announced as a November 8 launch, alongside MW3. It’s still Tuesday.

When will the Call of Duty Elite console apps be available?
There are dedicated console applications for both PS3 and 360, which will be available for free download from the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace respectively, once the games come out. These apps are dependent on MW3 data so I don’t expect them to be available before launch day.

When will the Elite mobile app be available? On which platforms?
The iOS and Android apps will be free, and they will be available soon after Elite launches. They are dependent on MW3 data, and MW3 data starts flowing on 11/8. I do not have a specific time window — could be that day, could be next day, could be later in the week.

Is the Elite mobile app coming to Blackberry or Windows 7 phones?
No announcements on that yet. Lauch is just iOS and Android, which frankly is a pretty darn good start.

How do I get an Elite premium membership if I didn’t get Hardened Edition?
A premium membership for Elite comes with the Hardened Edition, but that’s not the only way to get it. You can get an Elite premium membership through Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Store, or GameStop.

How do I get the Founder status for Elite?
If you register for an Elite premium membership during the first week of it being online — no later than November 13 — you are granted Founder status and get a few extra goodies. They’re listed here. So you just have to do it some time during the first week.