Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2011   #256
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

i only have one thing to say to you snake...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #257
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

I only have not ripped the codes out of all those "health food" packages yet. I may be up for some trades later. I cut one code out of one of the soda containers just to see how it works.
So now that I know how it works I need to go back and get a 6 month supply and consume it all in the next 2 weeks so I will be ready when it releases. Then I will have a lot of cards to trade.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #258
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Rator, I am enjoying delicious Doritos and thirst quenching Mtn Dews @ the same time, I'll be reaching prestige level an entire day before you. Therefore your post is invalid...

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #259
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Prestige In MW2/Black Ops This Weekend, Get MW3 Prestige Tokens.

Quote:
Get ready to dust off your Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops discs, because it’s been announced that Activision will be running a huge double XP weekend for both Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 starting this Friday.
Robert Bowling, the creative strategist for Infinity Ward has confirmed that Modern Warfare 2 will receive its first double XP weekend in over a year while players who prefer Black Ops will receive double XP as well. That’s right. For the first time ever, two Call Of Duty games will be running Double XP weekends at the same time.
But this isn’t just any double XP weekend. Robert Bowling tells you about the prestige shop and why this double XP weekend could help you below.
Bowling mentions some of the different items you can unlock with the prestige tokens such as double XP for a specific amount of game time, gear for your classes, and even an extra custom class from the start.
So basically, in Modern Warfare 3, every time you prestige you earn a prestige token. But now, long time players are being rewarded as well. So if you’ve ever prestiged in Call Of Duty 4, World At War, Modern Warfare 2, Or Black Ops, you’ll receive a prestige token for each game on day 1. For example: if you decided to prestige in CoD 4 and Black Ops, but skipped it in WaW and MW2, then you’ll start with 2 prestige tokens.
If you have yet to prestige in Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2, you’ll get the chance to get some prestige tokens added to your name with the help of double XP! Starting this Friday, the Double XP will run through the weekend and end on Tuesday, November 1st.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #260
Tagger

Does this give more power to the players who get the prestige tokens? If so, it sounds like the game is going to start unbalanced on day 1. There's already been a lot of joshing about the Dew/Doritos points business. Am I missing something? Or, is Activision creating a situation where it will really suck for the total health-nut newb on day 1 versus the guy who's played every release and loves junkfood?

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #261
DatGuy

there really is no way to balance a game with as much crap in it as these CODs have Tag.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #262
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Yes, its a slight advantage. I don't eat Doritos but my kids do sometimes, I do drink Mtn Dew and from what I can see, putting all the points in you can manage between now and the release, you can get a total of 24 hours of double XP time. No single gamer tag can get more than that and the time starts the minute you log in, not just in game time.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #263
Tagger

Thanks for the explanation SB.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #264
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Double xp applies to COD4 and W@W as well as MW2 and BO according to what 402 said. "double xp across the franchise". Just to be clear, he said that you get 1 token for each of the other games you prestiged in right? So as long as you prestiged once you get the token? That is how it sounds to me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
Does this give more power to the players who get the prestige tokens?
This rewards the fans of the franchise. It does not give a someone who is not very good at the game in general any real advantage over someone with very good COD skills. It just gives them a tangible reward for having played the franchise. Right now is the last opportunity to sell your old games for any real price as there is suddenly a higher value for those games. FYI. I can see people buying back the old games they sold just to help them get that extra boost for when MW3 comes out. The token you get from those other games is far greater that anything you can get by stuffing your face with Doritos and guzzling Mt Dew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Snakebite View Post
... you can get a total of 24 hours of double XP time. No single gamer tag can get more than that and the time starts the minute you log in, not just in game time.
So in reality there is no point in getting more time than you can use in one sitting. Unless you plan to pull an all nighter/24 hours, then just get 8-12-16 hours or how ever long you think you can do in one sitting. Cause you are just going to sleep through the rest of it.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #265
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

First of all, it’s brilliant marketing to go against BF3. Meaning, that kids will load up their old COD games if they have them to get Tokens. They’ve good a great marketing department..seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
he said that you get 1 token for each of the other games you prestiged in right? So as long as you prestiged once you get the token? That is how it sounds to me anyway.
I understand it to mean EVERY Prestige level i.e. if you did ALL in MW2 I think that’s 15? COD:BO again...15?

The tokens can be used for a variety of things.

Modern Warfare 3 Prestige Shop Rewards

Extra Custom Class
Double XP (2 hours)
Double Weapon XP
Regular Package
Unlock Gear (take a gun with you to next Prestige)
Hardened Package
Veteran Package
Reset all Stats

I think most folks will use the Double XP for 2 hours. Who would use the Reset all Stats?

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 10-28-2011   #266
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

The proficiency for ‘Kick’ was pretty nice....I’m just saying!

Old 10-28-2011   #267
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Sorry, one last note: They talk about the Trophy system at the end of the above video. It’ll be your best friend if you’re one of those guys that always finds a Predator missile in your face....

Old 10-28-2011   #268
S10Draven
bitch

to me it sounds like a token for each game you prestiged in...if you did all them in all games you would have more tokens then you would need...i know ill be breakin out waw and mw2 to see what lvl im at this weekend
S10Draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #269
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10Draven View Post
to me it sounds like a token for each game you prestiged in...if you did all them in all games you would have more tokens then you would need...i know ill be breakin out waw and mw2 to see what lvl im at this weekend
Your right, it was tweeted the other day.

Quote:
The tweet below (from FourZeroTwo) clearly states that you are limited to 1 token per previous game, there have been four CoD games which allow you to enter Prestige Mode (Modern Warfare, World at War, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops) so the maximum amount of tokens you will be able get is 4. Some were hoping you would get 1 token per time you prestiged, which meant hardcore CoD fans could start with up to 45 tokens, this is not the case.
I can’t remember if I prestiged in MW2...I don’t think so and more over, I SOLD IT!! AHHHHHH.....

Old 10-28-2011   #270
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Chief View Post

The proficiency for ‘Kick’ was pretty nice....I’m just saying!
Yo dawg we heard you like leveling so we put a level on yo guns so you can level your level while you level your guns level.

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote